1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,425 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Here's my haul.
4 HW Garage cars that were 2 for $5
image.jpg
3 Hall of fame cars. I really wanted the Mini.
They were $3 each
image.jpg
3 matchbox world class cars $3 each
image.jpg
These were $2
image.jpg
Datsun for a $1
image.jpg
Loose cars 2 for a dollar is the Benz a Final Run?
image.jpg
And found a Tesla at a Target
image.jpg

OK, some new info on the Turbo Age set I posted earlier. Currently TLV is running a series of box sets called "The Japanese Car Era" and they range from Volume 2 to Volume 7. Nobody could figure out what happened to Volume 1. Well apparently the Turbo Age set was Volume 1 :cool:

OK, some new info on the Turbo Age set I posted earlier. Currently TLV is running a series of box sets called "The Japanese Car Era" and they range from Volume 2 to Volume 7. Nobody could figure out what happened to Volume 1. Well apparently the Turbo Age set was Volume 1 :cool:

So there are more of them... Any idea as to what appears in Volumes 2 to 7? I'm quite curious... Also, looks like you have indeed bagged a rare item.

Bought this today.

1_campsiteCruisers1.jpg

Was over priced I think. Receipt says "Greenlight 5-pack". Guess I paid for two cars I didn't get or the two little people count.

I still haven't seen any of that series yet. The redline series.

They are all single car box sets. The picture lists them in reverse order.

1z37y4m.jpg

Thanks for posting that. 👍 Nice to know that the Sports 800 is going to be in that series, really looking forward to getting my hands on that one. :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Just a normal photoshoot...

The Fast Beetles by Justin Young Photography, on Flickr

Dem Asses by Justin Young Photography, on Flickr

New Sportscar eXperimental by Justin Young Photography, on Flickr

Holy Trinity by Justin Young Photography, on Flickr

P1 by Justin Young Photography, on Flickr

Rocking with the Best by Justin Young Photography, on Flickr

Chaparral! Chaparral! by Justin Young Photography, on Flickr

1:43 vs. 1:64 by Justin Young Photography, on Flickr

1:36 vs. 1:64 by Justin Young Photography, on Flickr

There are more shots I took with other scales (1:24, 1:43, etc.), so check out my Flickr photostream for those!​

More info on the white car from the TLV Turbo Age set: It's listed on the box as a 1979 Nissan Gloria 200 Turbo S, but after searching, no record of such a trim level exists for the 430-series Gloria. Being that the 1/64 model is of a big, conservative full-size sedan with a flashy Boy Racer stripe down both sides, I started to wonder if Tomica had modeled a concept car or even just gone fictional.
Finally in a "When in Doubt, Read the Manual" moment, I decided to examine the model itself for clues and discovered it's not a Gloria at all, but rather a Cedric, the sportier version of the same basic car. Unusual for Tomica to make such a mistake, or maybe something's getting lost in translation, who knows?

Front:

Rear:

Detail. Note the design etched into the glass on the opera window!

And confirmation that a Cedric 430 Turbo does exist, stripe and all:
ziuknc.jpg

^
Thanks for clearing that up. It did look a lot like a Cedric, too (I have ridden one a lot in my teens - a fabulously luxurious car.)
All that intrigue makes that collectible even more collectible. :lol:

More info on the white car from the TLV Turbo Age set: It's listed on the box as a 1979 Nissan Gloria 200 Turbo S, but after searching, no record of such a trim level exists for the 430-series Gloria. Being that the 1/64 model is of a big, conservative full-size sedan with a flashy Boy Racer stripe down both sides, I started to wonder if Tomica had modeled a concept car or even just gone fictional.
Finally in a "When in Doubt, Read the Manual" moment, I decided to examine the model itself for clues and discovered it's not a Gloria at all, but rather a Cedric, the sportier version of the same basic car. Unusual for Tomica to make such a mistake, or maybe something's getting lost in translation, who knows?

Front:

Rear:

Detail. Note the design etched into the glass on the opera window!

And confirmation that a Cedric 430 Turbo does exist, stripe and all:
ziuknc.jpg

Well wouldn't you know it, Tomica ended up recreating a car they had never done, while pretending it was a model from a completely different namesake (calling it a Gloria when in fact it's the much larger Cedric). It may have been a translation mistake between the marketing teams and Tomica themselves, but who knows that for sure?

The important thing is that like the Cosmo from the same set, the not-Gloria 430 Turbo is a very well-detailed car, with a nifty set of unique graphics to aid its uniqueness. I love the detail on the C-pillar of the car, just like the rubber stripe on the Cosmo, it sets the car apart in a good way. You have indeed grabbed quite the set of cars, Group B...

Haven't bought anything in ages, haven't seen anything that appeals....

Same. Passed on the chance to grab that Aston Martin Vantage GT3 and Bentley Continental in blue. Instead, I bought myself two fantasy cars. Derp

Back