1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,425 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Great mix of cars there @CLowndes888 - My favorite is the CM's Delta Integrale. I don't have that one, and I do have a soft spot for that real life car & also the casting.

@Spacegoat That Crown would be up there in my book, too. Wonderful casting, awesome livery + great history behind it. 👍

Happy new years everybody! :) Well here are the individual pictures from the Hot Wheels Auto City 10 Pack I posted earlier. Some are labeled as Hot Wheels on the base, others are labeled Corgi. I don't know the names to some of them though. Lots of pictures inside!

Known as the Flame Stopper II by Hot Wheels, but also called as ERF Simon Snorkel with Corgi. It can be extened pretty far. I wish they had more firetrucks like this these days.
IMG_1660.JPG
Here is a shot of it fully extended.
IMG_1662.JPG

Oil Refinery Truck. I did want one of these once and I am glad to finally have one. Now if I can just get the 5SP version.
IMG_1663.JPG

According to my research, it's a Recycling Refuse Garbage Truck. Reminds me so much of my orange Recycling Truck I have had since I was a kid. The back end opens and tips! I have a Maisto somewhere that has a similar functionality.
IMG_1664.JPG

Here it is tipped back and opened.
IMG_1665.JPG
BMW M3. Not the color choice I would have preferred for this casting, but this BMW is one I am happy to have at all. Pretty big casting, but it's not the first Corgi I have seen to be sized a little big.
IMG_1667.JPG

Mercedes Benz 500SL. A great casting with a nice interior I find to be better than most typical Hot Wheels these days and it looks like someone painted the car with a highlighter. :lol: I need to find my silver one to do a comparison.
IMG_1668.JPG
Ferrari 348. Another unusually large casting, but still a cool one. One thing that caught me by surprise is that the trunk opens. Didn't even know it did that.
IMG_1669.JPG

Here it is with the trunk opened. It has a nice engine doesn't it?
IMG_1670.JPG

Mercedes Benz Bus. Such a complicated name. :lol: This casting is not as big as I thought it would be, but I am glad to finally have this one.
IMG_1671.JPG
I believe this to be a Ford Transit Van. A surprisingly large casting for what it is. I love these BP liveries, now I just need more of these to complete this!
IMG_1672.JPG
Mercedes 2.6. I remember the first time I seen this bulky thing, it was gold and I loved it. This one really appeals to me especially with the added taxi part. This will go great with my other one.
IMG_1673.JPG
Don't even know the name to this truck. It has opening doors in the back, perfect way to hide candy. :lol:
IMG_1674.JPG
Here it is with the doors opened.
IMG_1675.JPG
And lastly here are the acessories that came with it.
IMG_1677.JPG
Well that's it for the set! Hope to get many more like these over time! :cheers:

I'm actually really digging that Mercedes Benz bus. The Hertz livery on it is sweet. Really great set mate, congrats. 👍
@Spacegoat That Crown would be up there in my book, too. Wonderful casting, awesome livery + great history behind it. 👍

Yeah, TLV did an amazing job with that one. It's damn perfect.

I'm actually really digging that Mercedes Benz bus. The Hertz livery on it is sweet.
My mom was rather fond of it too. Definitely a great casting I am happy to own. Would love to find another for customizing. :D
Really great set mate, congrats. 👍
Thanks! :) I was so excited to get it when I saw it.

I like she Shell truck. :dopey:
I know right? :dopey: Now I need the BP version of it! :mischievous:

I have to say, I think I like collecting former Corgi's more than redlines. :)

Last edited:
One of my beefs with Kyosho is the lack of sharper edges when they produce certain wheels. The CLK-GTR and 911 GT3R Hybrid are just a few that feature this. I would've jumped on this one some years ago if the wheels were just a bit tighter.

Who could've thought that a Japanese company get could the proportions of a German polizei car so right? Tomica, you do not make German cars often but when you do, our wallets can get rather suicidal... There is literally nothing off about the Audi, nothing at all! Great purchase, @a6m5, it may not be the most beautiful of cars but, in that shape, the car itself can beg to differ... :drool:👍

@Sonygamer455
I really like that Corgi BMW M3 casting. While it's a bit large I like the proportions.
I am not even a BMW fan, but I do love this M3. The fact it is unusually large doesn't surprise me because Corgi tends to do that with some of their castings anyways, I would know because I own a lot of them even when you exclude the 10 pack. Heck, I even posted a comparison a few years ago of the Hot Wheels and Corgi Ferrari Testarossa side by side to show their size.
Screw those wheels though.
That's the only thing that brings down Corgi's. Most Corgi castings are nicely done in my opinion, but their choice of wheels never has been great and they definitely look very cheap. It makes their castings look like "pseudo off brands", but it only makes it more fun when you do wheel swaps. :D (I don't plan on doing that to mine though)

I'm jealous, that thing looks great! :drool: The more of those, the better! 👍

Here is one I absolutely wish I had:
97rs02.jpg

Good point. Nearly all the other former Corgi's maintained having the same size wheels as they did before they became Hot Wheels. Why this M3 didn't is strange. Be better if they were the same size like it was previously.

Your 935 is the same way :P
I was just thinking about that one too. It actually makes sense why they did that with this one given how big the wheel wells are in the back. Can't say the same for BMW though.

Porsche_935_Model_Cars_24deb179-869f-40df-a022-03b75bb8a103.jpg

That's kind of how I think it should have been from the start.

Last edited:
I liked the Ford Supervan, but not as much after opening it. Maybe the way the front end was sculpted? I don't know. My expectations were higher with this one.

new21971-%20Supervan%201-thumb-448x330-109256.jpg

000.jpg

Actually, maybe the wheels + stance. I wonder if a wheel-swap would fix it..
Finally!

They really nailed the Audi, I can't fault the thing at all. Great set of pics too a6. 👍

Thank you! Yeah, the car seems just so clean. 👍

This ebay listing is pretty vague, but the stuff in the pictures looks interesting....
At first I wanted to slap the guy for the CR-X & what looks like a Celica XX/Supra being double stacked....... Then I saw how this was being listed. I kinda want to punch him now. :lol:

Yeah, cool. Good for you. 👍

Some people do, and some people have. Maybe my seller account hasn't reached the awesome status to get priority on search results.

Back