1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,422 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
It would look epic, right next to your red NSX LM. I just want you to be happy. :P

Quiet you. :lol: I looked earlier, the only one I could find online was like $35 all up. I don't like it that much. :crazy:

Opened the Walmart Datsun 620. Meh.

zz.JPG

I'm still Kmart all the way(blue).
I say, if all those diorama-esque pictures are a woman's work, then give her all the Choro Qs you can. It may also prove that scale models are kawaii enough for women to collect and create art exhibits out of them... :P
I believe she partners up with her boyfriend on those pictures, but clearly, they both enjoy putting those pictures together!
Quiet you. :lol: I looked earlier, the only one I could find online was like $35 all up. I don't like it that much. :crazy:
Yeah, some of those drool-inducing Choro-Q's she has, they are way beyond our budget. :(

Hey's that's my plastic box!

jk

Yeah I gave you those.

Also, dudes. Here are some highly-sought Hot Wheels, Matchbox and possibly Kyoshos I'm selling. (Hint: look for the auctions)
http://www.ebay.ca/sch/ayohes/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

If you see really crazy numbers, it means I don't actually intend to sell them But feel free to make offers if you really want them. I'd like to be able to fund future purchases, so this will help.

I'm going to sell the 308, 288 and 250 GTO later as well.

Hey's that's my plastic box!

jk

Yeah I gave you those.

Also, dudes. Here are some highly-sought Hot Wheels, Matchbox and possibly Kyoshos I'm selling. (Hint: look for the auctions)
http://www.ebay.ca/sch/ayohes/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

If you see really crazy numbers, it means I don't actually intend to sell them But feel free to make offers if you really want them. I'd like to be able to fund future purchases, so this will help.

I'm going to sell the 308, 288 and 250 GTO later as well.
Your postage is bit steep...

Would you look at that, Tomica has yet another new Skyline casting in their ranks;

And it's a Skyline R34 sedan, no less! Part of the Tomica police car line, this also means that if you feel that the Skyline above is a little too white for you, there is a different panda waiting for you in the proverbial jungle;

Your postage is bit steep...

Did you read the listing description? I'd rather not say "$10 to ship to Australia" to attract buyers only to later say it will cost maybe $15-20.

If there is something(s) you're interested in, come talk to me, and I'll work out a more accurate quote for you.

Last edited:
Alright, so time to unveil what was in the box that Andy sent me.

As usual I like to start with the more ''normal'' stuff.

full

Don't think I'll find that Alfa here, so that was an easy purchase. No real reason for buying the Hot Wheels, I just felt like it. :P

Then we've got this rather lovely Sierra. It's a big heavy hunk of metal and it's great. I can display it with my other Siku's.
full

butt shot

I jumped at the chance to get a second Johnny Lightning 911.
full

Here it is, reunited with a long lost brother.
full

There are slight differences. The wheel design is different and the silver one has tire tread, but ultimately I prefer the brown one, because the silver one has a sunroof decal which doesn't look that great (in hindsight I probably should have taken a better picture. Oops. :P ).

butt shot

Alright, now let's crank it up to 11 with some higher detailed models. Starting with some CM's models.

full

Alright, well we're not quite turning it up to eleven yet, because that's the worst CM's that I own by far. The decals look messy, the paint is not smooth, the front mud guard things don't adhere to the car shape very well, and if you look at the butt shot you can see that something is wrong with the blue. The paint must be too thick on the darker parts or something like that.

But the good news is, we can now actually turn it up to eleven!
Starting with this lovely Fiat.

full

It's quite the display piece with the other one I already had.

full

click

It was a fairly large box and we aren't done yet. Not at all.
Peugeot 205 next.

full

Looking spiffy 👍

click

That's it for the CM's, which means the Kyoshos are next.

full

I wanted one of these since when Andy first posted a picture in this thread. It looks amazing.

click

full

Similar story with this one. Loved it as soon as Andy posted a picture. (yes, the surface I was shooting on is a bit wonky.)

click

My posts don't count till there's a BMW in them, so...

full

So good. Only thing that would have been nice would be some advertising. Car looks a little plain with just the stripes.

click

More BMW!

full

I've got a Group 5 1/24 model kit waiting to be assembled and displayed with this tiny thing. I've always liked the Jagermeister livery, even if I'm not the biggest fan of the drink. :P

I was going to take a shot with the TLV BMW E30, but it appears that Kyosho were a bit naughty and made this model noticeably smaller than 1/64. I wonder if the rest of their models are off-scale and by how much.

click

That's the end of the Kyoshos as well. Only one thing left. This one is by Minichamps.

full

This is definitely my favorite of the set. My crappy pictures don't do it justice, but I decided it was my favorite when I nearly broke off the windshield wiper (that's why it's sitting so high. I've fixed it now). Yeah, that means the windshield wiper is a separate part, which I find awesome in such a small scale.

The butt shot deserves your bandwidth this time.

full

I knew I'd forget something, and I did. I also got a Majorette Dacia Duster rally car, which is all sorts of awesome, but that'll have to wait until next time I have something to post.

Thanks @AOS-, buy his stuff guys.

Would you look at that, Tomica has yet another new Skyline casting in their ranks;

And it's a Skyline R34 sedan, no less! Part of the Tomica police car line, this also means that if you feel that the Skyline above is a little too white for you, there is a different panda waiting for you in the proverbial jungle;

Want one so bad. I do kind of wish they had a normal casting.

Want one so bad. I do kind of wish they had a normal casting.

Well, since the casting has been finished now, Tomica could simply repackage the car as a civilian model just by removing the siren and adding a few additional colors. And if they can bring back an old Isuzu casting with new colors, I can't see why they can't do the same with a TLV NEO Skyline Sedan R34...

Well, since the casting has been finished now, Tomica could simply repackage the car as a civilian model just by removing the siren and adding a few additional colors. And if they can bring back an old Isuzu casting with new colors, I can't see why they can't do the same with a TLV NEO Skyline Sedan R34...

Very true, although I don't know if I have the patience to wait for it. :lol:

Very true, although I don't know if I have the patience to wait for it. :lol:

Or the wallet, for that matter. :lol: But you know what they say; good things take their time... It took this long for Tomica to create a Skyline R34 sedan casting, but at least that phase is completed. Therefore, it shouldn't take this long for them to release a civilian version of the car...

I want the R34 Patrol Car + if they are releasing stock R34 sedan, I'd most likely go for that as well. I'm bit tired of unmarked police cars right now. :crazy:

@R1600Turbo - Looks like you were right about the Johnny Lightning car situation. They have barcode stickers over old barcodes, and copyright years I saw were as old as 1995. It's kind of stupid though. At $6.95, every single cars I saw last week were still there + another car(new release, '2015'), which I assume was a return. Back in the day, I used to like Johnny Lighting for $3, $3.95, so unless they bring out the Land Cruiser or something, they can keep them at $6 & up. :crazy:

This one is by Minichamps.
I'm jealous of the CM's Peugeot, but man, this Porsche.

:drool: It has eluded me for years! All great addition though. 👍

Hmm... It doesn't seem that the front splitter is an adjustable part, but then again it's rather premature to be sure of that. The lack of a roof is also somewhat odd... I do hope that Mattel can do away with the orange rims, however.

Hmm... It doesn't seem that the front splitter is an adjustable part, but then again it's rather premature to be sure of that. The lack of a roof is also somewhat odd... I do hope that Mattel can do away with the orange rims, however.
Its a photo of a pre-production sample, there's probably about a 1% chance it'll have those wheels. And I bet that front splitter is set in stone.

Its a photo of a pre-production sample, there's probably about a 1% chance it'll have those wheels. And I bet that front splitter is set in stone.

Yes, I do have that fact in mind when talking about the photo, it is a bare - bones casting after all. On the plus side, it does seem that the splitter won't be the adjustable model which you feared, so has the Odssey earned a few points in your book?

Back