1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,422 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Dang dudes. 2 for 2. Second stop, found all of the Gran Turismo cars I've been after.

DSC_0015.JPG

Oh it feels really good (evil laugh). I'll probably have the card spent in under two hours on tools. :lol:
You are the customer, Johnny & you know what they say. :)

Wow, KMart is actually good for something.
Exactly how I feel. :lol::lol:
Dang dudes. 2 for 2. Second stop, found all of the Gran Turismo cars I've been after.

View attachment 591279

You are the customer, Johnny & you know what they say. :)
I need to find the premium GT cars myself. And I just realized that Hot Wheels is kinda true to GT form, one line of standard cars and one line of premium cars. :lol:

As for Kmart again, I feel the need to buy myself some lottery tickets.

Last I had a very important phone call from Kmart regarding the issue I had weeks ago. As it was last update, I'm free to go into the store. But now there's more: the employee who started the whole mess has been fired and the manager put on a probation until the end of the calender year. The second employee got a warning and me? I have a $50 gift card coming in the mail. :cool:

I'm am very happy to hear this. Good on you for speaking up about it!

Also, calendar.

Good riddance.
Indeed.
I'm am very happy to hear this. Good on you for speaking up about it!

Also, calendar.
I had to do something. On my way home I knew that what the kid did wasn't good for him at all and I'd be stupid to not anything.

Ah 20 years old and I can't spell calendar. I guess I need to go back to first grade. Always the little things I swear. :lol:

So, as some here might know or not know, today was my birthday. And my cake had a little something special on top of it;
View attachment 591496

It's a Bburago Bugatti Veyron Grand Vitesse! Something I saw in a toy shop at Porto, but didn't expect to have... Talk about a loaded cake! :D :lol:

Hope that car was sanitized before perching on the cake! Factory hands aren't the cleanest things in the world!

Also, pills for a present. Sweet deal đź‘Ť

CM's versus TLV Delta Integrale.... Complete....

View attachment 591527

I went with the CM's. Both great castings, but how much CM's accomplished with so much less amazes me.

Great stuff! TLV has some parts looking bold (mainly the use of black giving it a stronger presence). I'm interested to see that some of the forms on the TLV are drastically different than CM's (mainly how the front bumper protrudes differently. But somehow I think CM's has the overall shape better. The TLV looks a bit more like any compact car with the narrower top half.

Lastly, always appreciate the effort to boost community knowledge. Keep it up, bro. đź‘Ť

Great stuff! TLV has some parts looking bold (mainly the use of black giving it a stronger presence). I'm interested to see that some of the forms on the TLV are drastically different than CM's (mainly how the front bumper protrudes differently. But somehow I think CM's has the overall shape better. The TLV looks a bit more like any compact car with the narrower top half.

Lastly, always appreciate the effort to boost community knowledge. Keep it up, bro. đź‘Ť
Thanks Andy. đź‘Ť I don't know about boosting knowledge, but I do try to spread whatever bits of information I come across.

I looked at many pictures of the real life Delta HF Integrale working on that post, and while most of them looked like the TLV version(minus the narrower license plates), there were things like chin spoiler that some seems to have had them way it looks on the CM's. I have no idea how that is(different year? market? version? dunno), but yeah, I liked the CM's casting more as well. Still so impressed by the resin/plastic fog lights where some brands in that price range skipped that even with head/tail lights.

Hope that car was sanitized before perching on the cake! Factory hands aren't the cleanest things in the world!

Well I am pretty sure my mother had her hands pretty well clean before slapping a Veyron on my cake (man does this sound weird). Besides, it was her day off, so she didn't use them to move fruit and vegetables around like she usually does. Only the finest birthday plans for yours truly! :lol:

Also, pills for a present. Sweet deal đź‘Ť

Oi, that's not what I meant, Canadian! The Veyron is the pill, an orange and black pill. I already take other pills to calm my nerves down anyways... Why have more? :sly: :lol:

As for the car itself, a little review; compared to the early 1/64 Bburagos, it certainly feels like an improvement. Ride height is close to 100% accurate, and the wheels no longer look like they were caved in by a hammer to dig them deeper inside the bodywork (one of my main peeves regarding early 1/64 Bburago models). The two-tone paint isn't quite perfect near the car's rear end, but all things considered, it looks nice. The engine bay is generic-looking, sadly it lacks attention to detail.
But the part that really impressed me was detailling; Bburago is trying to ape TLV when it comes to miniscule text, because you can tell very small lettering for the Bugatti badge on the front and "Vitesse" and "Bugatti Veyron 16:4" writings in the license plate on the rear. Bburago, you tryin' to be Japanese? :P :lol:

All in all, I like it. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a possible 1/64 Chiron just to see whether or not Bburago would do an even better job with that...

Rather than post a list, I've gone the lazy route and taken some crappy photos. You can sort of make out what everything is, so if anyone here is interested in anything just ask and I can provide more info. Willing to let most of these go super cheap to get them out of here before moving day. There's a bunch of wheel variations in here too.

DSCN8310.JPG

DSCN8311.JPG

DSCN8312.JPG

@R1600Turbo, Toyota 2000GT Roadster, all the Caterhams, in the bottom photo the yellow car with the red logo on the roof and all the Jeeps (see attached picture). I'd like at least a closer photo of each if that's not a problem. You can PM me if you'd like.

20161001_175010.png

Well I made my way back to the Collectors Antique Mall yesterday and got what I wanted and then some. :D My brother gave me a bit of a shock the other week with some things he bought and he has some from yesterday I would like to share as well.

Starting with mine:

Didn't see this one coming, but I am quite happy to have it. It's been ages since I got another hauler, I was really little the last time I got another one of these.
image.jpeg

I forget which race car this is, I assume it's a Pontiac. Always happy to have more of these.
image.jpeg

Chevrolet Corvette. I could not resist this when my brother told me about it, especially since it's a former Corgi I happen to be quite fond of.
image.jpeg
The packaging may say "80's Corvette", but it's the not this one, it's the ex Corgi Chevrolet Corvette. While they both look remarkably similar, they both have some noticeable differences in the interior and engine. (I know this because I own both)

Ferrari 308 GTS. Been years since I seen this one again and I have been wanting to do a wheel swap on this former Corgi for about as long. Now I finally have another for that purpose.
image.jpeg

Yea I made sure I didn't leave without this set especially since it was still in it's original packaging. It even has a Hot Wheels coupon that expired back in 1995 still in there! :lol:
image.jpeg

My brother may have gotten this set as well, but I wanted to get one for myself anyways. My uncle has this same set and I got to see it a year or two ago, I even posted it here. Now I have it for myself. :D
image.jpeg

I got a lot more I will wait and post later including some interesting finds and what my brother got that I feel is worth sharing. Cheers! :cheers:

Back