1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Crying for attention is one thing, but all that came across as really, really desperate. :crazy:

My post today. I really like this set: Tomica Limited Vintage 2 Models Taxi Set

0000000000000000000000000.JPG

0000000000000000000000000000.JPG

Love the vintage taxi look!

Crying for attention is one thing, but all that came across as really, really desperate. :crazy:

My post today. I really like this set: Tomica Limited Vintage 2 Models Taxi Set

0000000000000000000000000.JPG

0000000000000000000000000000.JPG

Love the vintage taxi look!

Love the livery. Wish they'd reissue on updated castings.

I second that. The rims are awesome, puts a lot of the newer TLV's to shame. Great set a6. :drool:👍

They were actually an attempt to relpicate these stock hubcaps, but came out so badly they look like alloys.

IMG_8244.JPG

How old are these castings? Quality isn't as good as the current TLV casts.

2004, the very first year. Crude compared to later releases.

Speaking of Nippon Kotsu taxis, here's the first (and only) TLV variation I've encountered. Initial release is on the left, with the wildly oversized roof light common to early TLV taxis. Revised release is on the right, with the light shrunken down to more realistic proportions. No other changes, although the paint colors are deeper and more vibrant on the earlier car. AFAIK this variation is undocumented.

IMG_8247.JPG

IMG_8245.JPG

IMG_8246.JPG

What is up with that guy? He could just sell those lol

Cry for attention from Greenlight and M2. Like when a toddler starts throwing and breaking toys.

That guy has gotten freebies and recognition from Majorette and Round 2 (AW/JL/RC).

Last edited:
20170828_135231.jpg

Normally I tend to not get multiple versions of cars I already have, but I made an exception with the green Fairlady since it's my favorite variation thus far.

20170828_135204.jpg

These three are a part of the Mystery Models series that has cars in pouches with little viewing holes to help you guess what might be inside. However, there is a trick to these that can make finding the ones you want much easier.

20170828_135453.jpg

This little number corresponds with what number the car inside is in the series. In this case, number 11 in the series is the Mazda Furai, which is what was in this pouch.

20170828_135540.jpg

Lastly, I was able to cross off a car from my Hot Wheels bucket list yesterday.
20170828_135250.jpg

20170828_135256_001.jpg

20170828_135316.jpg

Overall the Simon & Simon Camaro looks great, and while some exterior details are inaccurate compared to the real thing, I'm still very pleased to add it my collection.

Cry for attention from Greenlight and M2. Like when a toddler starts throwing and breaking toys.

That guy has gotten freebies and recognition from Majorette and Round 2 (AW/JL/RC).
Seems like a douchebag dude bro type to me, just like some of his followers who approved him of doing it. If he wanted to be that kind of guy, he should burn the Kyosho and AutoArt lol

View attachment 669638
Normally I tend to not get multiple versions of cars I already have, but I made an exception with the green Fairlady since it's my favorite variation thus far.

View attachment 669642
These three are a part of the Mystery Models series that has cars in pouches with little viewing holes to help you guess what might be inside. However, there is a trick to these that can make finding the ones you want much easier.

View attachment 669647
This little number corresponds with what number the car inside is in the series. In this case, number 11 in the series is the Mazda Furai, which is what was in this pouch.

View attachment 669648

Lastly, I was able to cross off a car from my Hot Wheels bucket list yesterday.
View attachment 669649
View attachment 669650
View attachment 669651
Overall the Simon & Simon Camaro looks great, and while some exterior details are inaccurate compared to the real thing, I'm still very pleased to add it my collection.

Man, that Camaro would look even better if the rear wheels aren't bigger than the front.

How old are these castings? Quality isn't as good as the current TLV casts.
They are old. According to Tomytec, release date was March of 2007. More than ten years old. On the quality level, I can't quite agree. I realize it's not remotely close to "for everyone", but as you can see from the comments from @Johnny1996 & @Spacegoat immediately following the post, some of us actually prefer these to many of the newer, higher quality TLVs. Super accuracy, no(this is even funnier following info from @GroupB about the rims lmao). Style points, very high for some of us. It was just over $40 for the set & I was throwing the money at them like Jarrod's favorite gif going "take my money!!" :lol:
Is Majorette Premium any good?

A Challenger Hellcat from that brand just showed up at my local minimart for like $2.5
I wouldn't even worry about what others think. If you actually got to see it, what did you think?? I'd be surprised if it held resale value like Hot Wheels, or TLVs, but if you like it & it looks good, who cares? :D
Love the livery. Wish they'd reissue on updated castings.
I was thinking the same thing. This wasn't in the set, but it's been on my mind for while.....

11965_Nissan_Cedric_Special.jpg

:drool:
They were actually an attempt to relpicate these stock hubcaps, but came out so badly they look like alloys.
This actually made me laugh. I fell in love with the vintage "mag" look wheels on these taxis. To me, they failed, but created something wonderful, even if unintentionally. :lol:👍
2004, the very first year. Crude compared to later releases.
Ah, okay. Set's from 2007, but the casting was there from the first year. That makes sense. 👍
Speaking of Nippon Kotsu taxis, here's the first (and only) TLV variation I've encountered. Initial release is on the left, with the wildly oversized roof light common to early TLV taxis. Revised release is on the right, with the light shrunken down to more realistic proportions. No other changes, although the paint colors are deeper and more vibrant on the earlier car. AFAIK this variation is undocumented.
OMG, the thing TLV-related you come up with! :bowdown: Can I copy & paste this on my blog? This is first I've seen of TLV variations. Very cool. 👍
That's just amazing. I feel like I want to know more, but that'd be playing right into their hands. :crazy:
We've known this for sometime in this community, but the last batch? At least the cases my Walmart were selling, every single one lacked these code stamps. I sure hope it was an isolated case, and next series will have stamps on them. :nervous:

Edit:

This excited me little bit, @Spacegoat

Capture.PNG

Idemitsu Tomicarama going for roughly same price did not excite me. I need it & I don't have. :(

Edit 2:

Grachan 10 has arrived for preorder!

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
We've known this for sometime in this community, but the last batch? At least the cases my Walmart were selling, every single one lacked these code stamps. I sure hope it was an isolated case, and next series will have stamps on them. :nervous:
One or two that I saw were missing code stamps, but otherwise all had them (don't know if the set my Wal-Mart had is the same as yours though). Also, it appears the Furai has a quality issue with the wing; it looks as though the plastic has gone off with imperfections and pale color. Other Furais I saw had the same thing going on, so it must be a manufacturing defect or something.
15039711934261881529393.jpg
For reference, it should be the same vibrant red as the interior, but looks more like a pale orange color.

My friend surprised me with this the other day.

This is what I was afraid of when I decided to stop collecting, finding stuff like this van that would instantly make me regret stopping. :lol:

I was thinking the same thing. This wasn't in the set, but it's been on my mind for while.....

View attachment 669710

:drool:

That's no ordinary Cedric. I6, LWB. Would be a great addition.

OMG, the thing TLV-related you come up with! :bowdown: Can I copy & paste this on my blog? This is first I've seen of TLV variations. Very cool. 👍

Sure. As an aside, every TLV has a date code stamped inside one of the box flaps, and the original release said Feb. 2004, while the revised one was from March. AFAIK all other TLV's are only built in one month and that's it.

Later, I did think of 2 other variations, also from the early days. The LV-01 Cedrics and the LV-02 Crowns initially all came with black interiors but were later updated with coordinating colors.

AFAIK all other TLV's are only built in one month and that's it.
200_s.gif

Later, I did think of 2 other variations, also from the early days. The LV-01 Cedrics and the LV-02 Crowns initially all came with black interiors but were later updated with coordinating colors.
That is crazy. Closest thing I've encountered to variants were on the Tokyu buses? When I was looking for one, every stock photo I came across online had silver bumpers:

10a93373fc0502de29131e2a92e8c80a.image.500x371.jpg

However, I believe those were the production demos & all retail models came with bumpers in tan:

000000000.JPG

I emailed this eBay seller once. I asked them if the bumpers were silver, like in the stock photo they were using in the listing. They just replied how it's exactly like in the photo. I didn't believe them & I passed on that one. :crazy:

Been on the lookout for the Kyosho F50, but the open top kind(whatever they were called). Expensive. :(

One or two that I saw were missing code stamps, but otherwise all had them (don't know if the set my Wal-Mart had is the same as yours though). Also, it appears the Furai has a quality issue with the wing; it looks as though the plastic has gone off with imperfections and pale color. Other Furais I saw had the same thing going on, so it must be a manufacturing defect or something.View attachment 669738For reference, it should be the same vibrant red as the interior, but looks more like a pale orange color.

The wing is a separate piece from the interior, and they did indeed choose a cheaper grade of low density polyethylene to mold these wings as they lack the smooth surface I'm used to seeing in earlier releases. Whatever though. They don't make Furais frequently enough to justify using the better materials.

:crazy:

That's incredible. I'm glad they stuffed up trying to recreate the stock hubcaps because it looks so much cooler, the way they did it. :lol:
This excited me little bit, @Spacegoat

Man, they've shot up in price, eh? Weren't they around the $80-$100 range before?

New Auto World cars hitting ebay. But, looks like only one seller at the moment and they are well aware of that because they are charging double for the cars. :rolleyes:

New Auto World cars hitting ebay. But, looks like only one seller at the moment and they are well aware of that because they are charging double for the cars. :rolleyes:

No kidding. Not paying $12 plus shipping for what can be had for lower once other sellers make them available.

Back