1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,425 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Took a few pictures of the FD Hot wheels I got a while back.
IMG_20171009_154322_397.jpg

IMG_20171009_154243_741.jpg

IMG_20171009_153939_390.jpg

[SPOILER/]

Took a few pictures of the FD Hot wheels I got a while back.
That was weird. I didn't even have the speakers on, but I heard the angel chorus.

Any chance I could share this on the blog? It's beautiful..... :embarrassed:
It did it again, the angel chorus. Would you say that chance of me finding this at the local Kroger, or Walmart's pretty good? Like almost as good as winning the $300 million lottery? :lol:

Edit: I just saw the "bundle" part. They expect us to buy the whole set AGAIN!? Jesus Mattel. Jesus.

The 510 is cool and all, but it seems like every other release has it featured in some way. We've got the Race Day bundle exclusive, the RLC member edition, Japan Historics 2, and just recently a mail in one too. How many more variants can there be?

The 510 is cool and all, but it seems like every other release has it featured in some way. We've got the Race Day bundle exclusive, the RLC member edition, Japan Historics 2, and just recently a mail in one too. How many more variants can there be?
You must be new to Hot Wheels. :lol:

That's what they do...

Hell of nice score with the AW Galaxie, looks great. 👍

Thanks, it's good to know the car is being appreciated by someone at least. 👍 With all the talk about selling cars and corrections, it almost feels that people are getting less and less interested in enjoying what others buy...

(did you expect me to say anything less? :dopey:)

Well I expected a 1000-word essay regarding all the reasons why the Family Truckster is awesome, but I suppose you were short on time and didn't want to comb through all your readily-available memes to find it... :sly: :lol:

Semi good HW hunt today. Poundland had long cards imported from HK, so now I have a second Fandango treasure hunt. Toys R Us had the Surf's Up 5-pack with the sweet yellow VW Caddy and red Jeep.

Thanks, it's good to know the car is being appreciated by someone at least. 👍
I think lot of us did. It's just that this thread is so busy & moves so fast it's sometimes too hard to catch them all, and then comment on them. :crazy:. P.S. Just in this post, I nearly missed two replies. That I know of. :crazy::lol:
VXR
so now I have a second Fandango treasure hunt.
:lol:👍
Kyosho Bentley GT3 sold for $66?

Time to consider selling mine 💡
Do Kyoshos go much higher in value? I'm of the impression that the ceiling for most Kyosho is around$80 to $100.... I could be wrong, as I'm not a big Kyosho collector.
I wouldn't be against this. 👍 Not with the magic Jun Imai I think could work on the design!
Pretty sure you guys already know what I'd say. ;)
Isuzu Piazza? :lol:👍

Well, this is just getting out of hand now.

29925 - 1-64 1972 Ford F-350 Ramp Truck w Last of the V8 Interceptors (1979) 1973 Ford Falcon XB (Front,High Res) by GreenLight Collectibles, on Flickr
With all the talk about selling cars and corrections, it almost feels that people are getting less and less interested in enjoying what others buy...

As a6 said this thread moves fast (not too far off hitting 50,000 replies. :crazy:). I'm always interested to see what people post. Also, I'll pass on the 1000 word essay, if you don't mind. :lol:
but I suppose you were short on time and didn't want to comb through all your readily-available memes to find it... :sly: :lol:

Oh yes, of course. :lol:👍
Isuzu Piazza? :lol:👍

Yes.

I'd be so down for a Piazza. I hope TomyTec see this!

I think lot of us did. It's just that this thread is so busy & moves so fast it's sometimes too hard to catch them all, and then comment on them. :crazy:. P.S. Just in this post, I nearly missed two replies. That I know of. :crazy::lol:

Well I suppose when you're such a popular old man around these part, you tend to get contacted quite often. Don't we always look up to the elderly for life advice...? :sly: :lol:

Ok, I kid (somewhat :dopey:). Joke aside, I understand the "thread speed" bit, as car variety does get crazy on some days with people positing all kinds of purchases, but there's something else I feel shouldn't be happening quite as often (see answer to Space Goat below);

As a6 said this thread moves fast (not too far off hitting 50,000 replies. :crazy:). I'm always interested to see what people post. Also, I'll pass on the 1000 word essay, if you don't mind. :lol:

Fair enough, it's just that sometimes I wonder if interest is waning in the face of rising prices and all the casting error talk. Sometimes discussions deal more with those topics than general appreciation. Nothing wrong with doing that from time to time, but they shouldn't be the only topics in discussion.

Brief rant aside, no no, I insist on the essay. Expert advice on such an important matter (if you don't think the Truckster is an important matter, you're not a family man) is always welcome. Unless you prefer writing a text about the great variety of Falcon Interceptor castings, which I certainly don't mind either... :P :lol:

I want the truck, but not the third Falcon. Only if I didn't give in to Down Under peer pressure & buy the second Falcon. :(:lol:
Fair enough, it's just that sometimes I wonder if interest is waning in the face of rising prices and all the casting error talk. Sometimes discussions deal more with those topics than general appreciation. Nothing wrong with doing that from time to time, but they shouldn't be the only topics in discussion.
I get where you are coming from, but here's where I'm coming from: I think we appreciate the products, or model cars plenty. The ups & downs caused by the high prices, poor build quality, etc., it just goes with the territory. When someone posts nice pictures of cars, which is every single pages, to me, that's somebody appreciating these toy cars.
No. And you've made me double angry because Piazza looks like pizza and now I'm hungry. :D
You think you are the only one!? I shared same frustration, although it was my own doing! :P
Greenlight doesn't have a ramp truck by itself do the
You'll have to buy the set, then sell the car. :crazy:
My brothers Woodie also has it
So is the rear part notched or something? Push in to lower it, pull it out to tilt that rear axle housing/bracket thing to raise it up? Sorry for bugging you, I've never seen such a design. Pretty neat! 👍

Sometimes discussions deal more with those topics than general appreciation. Nothing wrong with doing that from time to time, but they shouldn't be the only topics in discussion.

I can see where you are coming from. Has been a topic at the forefront of a lot of discussions around here lately. But I think that's part of it, as it is with most hobbies. We all want whatever cars we buy to be as good as they can possible be.
Unless you prefer writing a text about the great variety of Falcon Interceptor castings, which I certainly don't mind either... :P :lol:

There was never a ramp truck in any of the Mad Max films. It's all fake news!

*Fast forward to me buying one anyway*
Greenlight doesn't have a ramp truck by itself do they?

I wish, it's such a cool looking casting. So far it's only appeared in sets with a car, like that. Or this one.
33100-C - 1-64 HD Trucks 10 - 1968 Ford F-350 Ramp Truck w Topo Fuel Altered Drag Car - Pkg (Front,High Res) by GreenLight Collectibles, on Flickr
You'll have to buy the set, then sell the car. :crazy:

To you. :P :lol:

Last edited:
That STP set is hawt.

I really like it too. STP hasn't been over done like a certain other company (:P). Would be nice if they released the ramp truck on it's own for a change though.
I will start my own Mad Max car dealership. In 1/64. :(

You need the 1/43 and 1/24 versions of the Interceptor now, as well. Oh and a1/18 too. :P :lol:

Last edited:
I really like it too. STP hasn't been over done like a certain other company (:P). Would be nice if they released the ramp truck on it's own for a change though
I think I just like the racer. Now if GreenLight would package this racer & Mad Max ramp truck together for me..... :dopey:
You need the 1/43 and 1/24 versions of the Interceptor now, as well. Oh and a1/18 too. :P :lol:
Time to get some help Jarrodge. I think you've had too much of the certain AUTOart/Kyosho 787B Kool Aid. :P:lol:

Don't get so cut if not everyone remarks on a purchase lol, it's not necessarily that interesting to everyone.

I like the car but not that casting hence I didn't bother commenting in the first place cos then you'd complain about people complaining about it lol.

Just saying.

Oh and @a6m5 needs a 1:1 pursuit special too. (The black XB coupe is not an Interceptor, that was the XB sedan in yellow/blue/red).

29925 - 1-64 1972 Ford F-350 Ramp Truck w Last of the V8 Interceptors (1979) 1973 Ford Falcon XB (Front,High Res) by GreenLight Collectibles, on Flickr

Oh yes, of course. :lol:👍

Yes.

I'd be so down for a Piazza. I hope TomyTec see this!

Are the Greenlight cars decent quality? hard to tell from a pic

Back