1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
TLV May 2018 release

Isuzu Beret 1600 GTR

photo01.jpg

photo02.jpg
photo06.jpg

Hino HE 366 Wing Roof Trailer

photo01.jpg

photo05.jpg
photo09.jpg

Nissan Skyline 25GT-V

photo01.jpg

photo02.jpg
photo06.jpg

Last edited:
Think about this, in 20 years, the only reliable accessible photos of CM's will probably be photos by collectors. This is only because CM's has such a low presence in the interwebz.

So you bet your two butt cheeks it's worth taking better and clearer pictures. I thank you in advanced for contributing to the preservation of this brand's products.
Well I should probably take some better pictures of my own CM's Corp cars!

That trailer set isn't bad. I thought the trailer alone would be $120-ish, so with the Hino tractor head, I just jumped on it.

Blue Skyline & Bellett sure looks good, too. I'm gonna wait & see if I'm willing to pay $15~$20 per car when the time comes. I think I'll probably order those two at a later date. Again, truck/trailer came in cheaper than I thought(if you could call $100+ "cheap").

Blue Skyline & Bellett sure looks good, too.

On the fence about the Skyline. Definitely will be ordering the blue Bellett (You're really shocked by this news, I can tell. :dopey:), though there's no rush. The truck & trailer is cooler than I thought but I'm going to pass. Wish they did that colour Hino truck on it's own instead of the yellow and black one.

The inside of that TLV fold-down trailer: Full of circular mold marks as well as indented part numbers to aid the assembly workers. Would we have seen stuff like this in years past?

822FCBCD-FD3F-44E0-B456-965653C1E707.jpeg

I saw Japan Historics at my local Walmart!! I was there yesterday & they didn't have anything. I went there today, they had two RX-3's & nothing else. I didn't buy anything!!
The inside of that TLV fold-down trailer: Full of circular mold marks as well as indented part numbers to aid the assembly workers. Would we have seen stuff like this in years past?

View attachment 705845
After I was surprised by the reasonable price, I then noticed that the parts were plastic & saw those mold marks. While the design is much superior, they do remind me of $16 M2 Machines trailers....

How much would an RX-3 cost to send here? I don't think they sell them here, and I wanted to get one for my brother as he has his own RX-3.

I saw Japan Historics at my local Walmart!! I was there yesterday & they didn't have anything. I went there today, they had two RX-3's & nothing else. I didn't buy anything!!
I don't expect to see any. Just went on Fleabay to see what a set will cost me. Around $50...

SVX
How much would an RX-3 cost to send here? I don't think they sell them here, and I wanted to get one for my brother as he has his own RX-3.
Crazy expensive dude. USPS only ship priority international overseas for some reason. Your Toys R Us actually have Japan Historics 2 on the web, but they were sold out. In the U.S., our Toys R Us doesn't offer them on the site at all. :crazy:
I don't expect to see any. Just went on Fleabay to see what a set will cost me. Around $50...
It was $40 shipped for the set couple of weeks ago. It was $45 earlier this week. I bought a used Ford Edge yesterday. Maybe I'll go look around. More to get used to the new car, I doubt 100% I'll see anything except maybe, maybe RX-3 & the Z. :(

Your Toys R Us actually have Japan Historics 2 on the web, but they were sold out. In the U.S., our Toys R Us doesn't offer them on the site at all. :crazy:

I've never seen a Toys R Us in my life :lol:

I had a look, about $25-$35 NZD. :eek:

Is that the shipping? I keep thinking that you are in Australia. :ouch::lol:

Nah, just the car brand new (and on our version of eBay). Not sure what shipping would be. I'm planning to visit the States this year, so maybe I can just get a friend of mine to hold it and I'll bring it back with me.

I guessed :P

Last edited:
I'm super sad because I REALLY want to collect 1/64 police cars but the only brand that makes them is Greenlight and they all look like donkey doo. :(

Nice. 👍

Got the invoice in from AmiAmi for those two this morning. Wasn't sold on the green Crown at first but it's grown on me. Looking forward to seeing how that colour looks in person.

I bought this based on the photos on the tomytec website. The green colour there is darker and richer. As it turns out it’s a lighter shade. I would have preferred the original colour but it still look great. A nice quality release from Tomytec. Can’t say that often nowadays!

I enjoyed cruising in my new 2013 Edge. Swung by 3 Walmart stores, 2 Krogers & 1 Target.

Matchbox: 2 - Mercedes 6x6 things in a box. 1 - Camo series Ford SVT Raptor.
Hot Wheels: 1 - Cars & Donuts McLaren(for wheels). 1 - Then&Now Civic(Now)

Pretty pathetic! :crazy:

I ran across three of the Japan Historic cars at the local Walmart and snatched those suckers up quick. I got the Datsun, the Skyline, and the Laurel 2000GX.

I enjoyed cruising in my new 2013 Edge. Swung by 3 Walmart stores, 2 Krogers & 1 Target.

Matchbox: 2 - Mercedes 6x6 things in a box. 1 - Camo series Ford SVT Raptor.
Hot Wheels: 1 - Cars & Donuts McLaren(for wheels). 1 - Then&Now Civic(Now)

Pretty pathetic! :crazy:
I have a 13 fusion titanium my old car was a 08 Grand Prix that we got in 2012. Haven’t gone hunting recently because my radio decided to die and it’s $700 U.S to get a new screen/unit installed. Be careful with yours if you have the touchscreen my ford touch.

Two more CM's reshoots and one I don't think I've shown here before (1993 Impreza).

Subaru Impreza | 2002 Tour De Corse

Subaru Impreza | 1993 1000 Lakes Rally

Mitsubishi Galant VR4 |1991 Côte d'Ivoire

The Mitsubishi is definitely my saddest looking CM's model. The yellow wheels, strange uneven paint and decal errors don't look all that great.

Back