1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Secret: The first owner was Japanese :lol:
True that. Another secret: I'm totally Americanized! XD
Due to the nature of this thread, I will disclose it once more that this is strictly a personal opinion on the subject, but here's a whole bunch of purple colour-shifting models:

20916877_10155849879594095_19810326_n_0a4fd666-ef51-4d1b-9d59-c6e704fe84a7_1903x.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Ferrari-458-Liberty-Walk-LB-Performance-Chameleon-Verision.jpg

118-JUC-Lamborghini-Aventador-LB-Performance-Liberty-Walk.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Maserati-Granturismo-LB-Performance-Chameleon-Carbon-Base.jpg

113276.jpg

I could just be jaded, but I think the harshness of colour contrast and shifting is most fitting on bodies that are slender with overall sharp points and angular forms, stuff that makes something look dangerous. A boxy soft-cornered body doesn't come off with an aggressive demeanor.
Oh yeah, totally. Just wanted to ask your personal opinion on them. Without having seen these paint jobs in person, it's hard for me to have any opinion, or position on the matter, but you know I value your take on something like this. 👍
Very true. Not disputing that one.
And you drive on the wrong side of the road amirite......

:lol:
No comment. :nervous: :lol:
tmg-slideshow_l.jpg

Locally, preorders for all three colours were offered at the same time. The white one should be out next month. I'm expecting my preorder to be cancelled for that also.
I just realized that I've yet to receive shipping notification from Tarmac Works....... This makes me bit nervous now..... :crazy:

Looking more at the MW 911 I picked up yesterday, I'd love to see it get the factory fresh treatment as it's a delightful casting.

Looking more at the MW 911 I picked up yesterday, I'd love to see it get the factory fresh treatment as it's a delightful casting.

Edit: my phone has it saved as a draft, leading me to think I hadn't posted it. Sorry.

Life of a Canadian international seller amirite.

Silly. I put a fixed price of 32$ as the shipping based on previous measurements. I was like, yeah this should cover any overmeasurement. This time when I pack it up for real, it's 300g heavier.

Canadpost says: Hmmm We actually have to do express for this one. Sorry!

Also That Macau E30 is wicked, yo.

This never ended! You, along with Japan, Great Britain, France must conform!!

Whatever you say dictator-san.
"Not sure" x infinity doesn't really go anywhere, does it? :P

No, you're predictable x infinity!

Anyway to keep this somewhat on topic. You really do need this, to go with your black bandit 510. It doesn't look that bad. (Well, kind of)

27960-C - 1-64 Black Bandit 20 - 1971 Datsun 240Z (Front,High Res) by GreenLight Collectibles, on Flickr
[twitter]

Sweet livery. 👍

Sweet livery. 👍
@domalorite Stripes on that car's wicked.
Silly. I put a fixed price of 32$ as the shipping based on previous measurements. I was like, yeah this should cover any overmeasurement. This time when I pack it up for real, it's 300g heavier.

Canadpost says: Hmmm We actually have to do express for this one. Sorry!
................ So it was Canada. Post. Amirite. :lol:
Found two gold Camaros in this shipper.
Congrats gotcamaroboy. 👍
Whatever you say dictator-san.
You'll like it once you understand how superior LHD is, just ask the Germans. :sly::lol:
No, you're predictable x infinity!

Anyway to keep this somewhat on topic. You really do need this, to go with your black bandit 510. It doesn't look that bad. (Well, kind of)
I opened the Black Bandit 510 today? It's still in blisters, but it doesn't look horrible. I'll open it sometime & take a closer look.

Feels good when you luck out on the time of month you choose to visit your local stores.

Grabbed two AMG GT3s and a white Repu yesterday.

What piece of error?
What is the error?
You guys don't see the booger stuck on the corner, on the right?
....Not sure I want to go there. :lol:
You are reading way too much into that, not that I don't usually give you are good reason to be suspicious with my statements. :P
Sorry, I'm not used to you opening things so quickly. :lol: Get the Z too!
I have the GreenLight BRE 510 due in anytime now. I'll check it out then.

More expensive than the TLV and no way near as good. Booyoo.

I also started taking photos of that Lambo freebie they gave out at the event. The car is so bad I stopped after shooting a few angles and saved my time instead. No wonder it was a freebie.

View attachment 745606

Shoddy build. Everything bent. All out of proportions.

I got out the recently released Tomica *MAINLINE* Huracan to use as a prop for this failed photoshoot. The Tomica is superior in everything.
Personally, I'd still have posted it. Blogs like yours & mine, I think they are useful references for other collectors. It's not pretty sometimes & that's okay.

0.JPG

Of course, by "not pretty" I mean fugly & by "okay", I mean it's okay to post it. It's not okay for Matchbox to create casting this fugly. lol

useful references for other collectors

Agree. Given the size of the market there are surprisingly not many websites like yours and mine, as well as some fellow GTP collectors. Sometimes when I want to look up an older release, 99.9% of the time Google only shows your blog.

However, this sad piece of an item is just bad. It was also late and I wanted to finish early so kind of just gave up.

It's not okay for Matchbox to create casting this fugly. lol
Fugly but looks to have no build issues. This freebie is fugly AND badly made. Tarmac Works QC is known to be patchy and it shows they still haven't addressed the issues. Just like that useless HWC website that HW hasn't improved after all this time!

Shoddy build. Everything bent. All out of proportions.

I got out the recently released Tomica *MAINLINE* Huracan to use as a prop for this failed photoshoot. The Tomica is superior in everything.

Tarmac looks like a hit and miss at the moment, started with water slide decals, but improved to tampo printed ones, and now this. :crazy:

Tarmac looks like a hit and miss at the moment, started with water slide decals, but improved to tampo printed ones, and now this. :crazy:

Yep those decals on early Tarmac releases were just down right terrible. They still use stickers on nearly all their releases but the quality has improved a lot. The Macau BMW is mostly stickers but they are applied well and it looks fine.

Agree. Given the size of the market there are surprisingly not many websites like yours and mine, as well as some fellow GTP collectors. Sometimes when I want to look up an older release, 99.9% of the time Google only shows your blog.

However, this sad piece of an item is just bad. It was also late and I wanted to finish early so kind of just gave up.
I totally get it, and I'm still blown away by your pace. Keep up the good work. 👍
Fugly but looks to have no build issues. This freebie is fugly AND badly made. Tarmac Works QC is known to be patchy and it shows they still haven't addressed the issues. Just like that useless HWC website that HW hasn't improved after all this time!
Okay, nothing is as bad as the HWC/RLC website. Not your Tarmac, not my MBX Skyline. Not even close! :lol:

Back