1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Boulevard series was the bomb. Maybe today's Culture series are the classics in the making....
Nah, Boulevard series is so diverse and on point. Maybe lacking a bit details but my oh my, i love the cars. Not even the latest Eurospeed Porsche can top the Boulevard in terms of detail.

I think Boulevard Porsche might be the most detailed 993 that Hot Wheels has ever released.

Picked up the Greenlight Tokyo Torque Series 2 1971 Datsun 240Z Rally. I'm a fan. Obviously doesn't compare to the Kyosho Beads release (which I hope to obtain someday). Digging the spare tire in the back, similar to how the TLV 1600SSS Bluebird Rally release also has a spare tire in the back seats!

IMG_1720.JPG

Never was able to find that Porsche. But the '57 Chev and CRX are up there with the bestest Boulevard's though.
You liked that Bel Air? Was it the orange one?
Bummer is an extremely polite way of putting it. :lol:
Time heals almost all wounds. :lol:
Nah, Boulevard series is so diverse and on point. Maybe lacking a bit details but my oh my, i love the cars. Not even the latest Eurospeed Porsche can top the Boulevard in terms of detail.

I think Boulevard Porsche might be the most detailed 993 that Hot Wheels has ever released.
I agree on diversity, but my loose yellow Porsche looks like it backed into something. lol
The BLVD 993 is just taillight
Yep, one (side). lol
Or you could buy it off me
If @shellac10 doesn't want it, I'd be interested in the price, too.

Well... You're not wrong, mine too lol
I remember.... or was that @domalorite who had crooked rear tampo?
Yep. Such a cool casting, love the wheels. 👍
True. I have it, but I only bought it because I couldn't find anything else at this Kroger store that have everything picked clean within hours. It ended up being a keeper though(well, until the current purge lol).

P.S. It was extra satisfying to have found the $uper Treasure Hunt Silverado there one time. In their ugly dirty faces, you insider scalper/hoarder collectors! lol
You'll be pleased to know that it's still carded. :P
You are Kim Jong Un of Hot Wheels collecting.
The key word there being, "almost". :lol:
Too bad you couldn't just keep this one carded. :lol:

True. I have it, but I only bought it because I couldn't find anything else at this Kroger store that have everything picked clean within hours. It ended up being a keeper though(well, until the current purge lol).

P.S. It was extra satisfying to have found the $uper Treasure Hunt Silverado there one time. In their ugly dirty faces, you insider scalper/hoarder collectors! lol

'57 Boulevard and the $uper Silverado? Seems like the scalpers around Japanese Oregon have horrible taste. They leave all the good stuff! Lucky for you, eh? 👍

You are Kim Jong Un of Hot Wheels collecting.
Kim Awkward.gif
Too bad you couldn't just keep this one carded. :lol:

:lol:👍

Last edited:
Yep. Such a cool casting, love the wheels. 👍

You'll be pleased to know that it's still carded. :P

I wish I could've found someone who likes it a s much as you do. I had sold mine with the lowest regards!

That Corvette on the other hand....hhuuuu!

'57 Boulevard and the $uper Silverado? Seems like the scalpers around Japanese Oregon have horrible taste. They leave all the good stuff! Lucky for you, eh? 👍
Oh, I'm sure they hated missing out on that $uper TH. It was at the very front on the peg, too. :P
P-h-a-t, phat.
I think perfect compared to yours amirite?
Much better.
@a6m5 The very first TLVs are being re-made for the 15th anniversary of the series. Great news, as the quality of the castings was pretty crude compared to what came later.

View attachment 751000

https://minicar.tomytec.co.jp/product/detail.html?id=1169
image.php

I'm not gonna lie, this looks REALLY good. Your link said the car was 3-D scanned? Wow......

Oh, I'm sure they hated missing out on that $uper TH. It was at the very front on the peg, too. :P

P-h-a-t, phat.

Much better.

image.php

I'm not gonna lie, this looks REALLY good. Your link said the car was 3-D scanned? Wow......
Is that some new innovation? A 3D scan of the actual car condensed into 1:64 scale? That's neat. What car is this exactly? I can't read Japanese.

Is that some new innovation? A 3D scan of the actual car condensed into 1:64 scale? That's neat. What car is this exactly? I can't read Japanese.
Not at all, 3D scanning has been around for ages, though it wasn't really used till the 90's/00's. I recall hearing about cars being 3D scanned for use in video games a couple years back and with the technology getting cheaper and more viable I'm certain Tomica aren't the first to use the technology to make scale cars.

EDIT: Polyphony has been doing it since over 10 years ago.

Last edited:
@CLowndes888 While I realize 3-D scan of vehicle models isn't anything new, for what it's worth, this is the first time I've heard of someone using the technology to produce a 1/64. That I can remember.

According to Mr. Tamiya though (plastic model guy), in his autobiography, he mentioned how he couldn't just miniaturize exact measurements to smaller scale, as scale models could look little awkward to the eye. Tamiya tweaked their plastic models until they looked proportionately correct. At least they used to (old book).

Duplicates
That is crazy! If anything, you should be looking to add more to start a fleet of Kitahara Taxis. :lol:

I have two TLV Tokyu buses, but sometimes, I wish I had like couple more.........

tlv tokyu.jpg

I wish I was kidding, but I'm not. :lol:

P.S. I checked my TLV tires. My LV-N24a, the ladder truck with rectangular roof lights had excellent tires. LV-N24b did have tires turning bit sticky. Checked Shell Tank Lorry, and that one was fine. Blue/white Hino truck I think was starting to get sticky as well. Nissan Diesel(680 I think) Newspaper delivery truck I took pictures week ago, that one had perfect tires.

Back