1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,421 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Found some stuff at a hobby shop
6EA1AA47-1136-4D57-8FBF-BAA2C596AE41.jpeg

and some Target stuff. Was able to find all of the Decade cars
7873B2F9-2269-4588-A8AB-D41307AF4400.jpeg

Been a while since I've bought anything new.

TSM Mini GT McLaren Senna

DSCN7956edit.png

I've been eyeing this one for ages. It's very nice

TSM Mini GT Honda NSX GT3 | 2018 24h of Spa

DSCN7954edit.png

24h endurance races are some of my favourites, so this was an obvious purchase for me. And on that note...

Spark Mercedes-Amg GT3 | 2016 24h Nürburgring winner

DSCN7952edit.png

The primary reason I decided to buy anything. The other two were more of a "well, if I'm paying for shipping anyway..." purchases.
Unfortunately this model is very disappointing because the wing is all sorts of crooked.

DSCN7958edit.png

DSCN7959.JPG

(excuse the blur)

Yeah, it's bad. No good way of fixing it either. Very disappointing, especially considering I've had good experiences with Spark in the past.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's bad. No good way of fixing it either. Very disappointing, especially considering I've had good experiences with Spark in the past.
Break it off and reglue it?

Did this with my 787Bs.

Break it off and reglue it?

Did this with my 787Bs.

I'd need to break/cut it off and glue it cleanly, which sounds quite fiddly.
Then again, it's so badly misaligned that it'd probably be better no matter how much I botch it.

Completely random thought, but I wonder if we put together all the models that were ever shown off in this thread, how big of a collection that would be.

Hey guys, it's been awhile. This morning, I'm checking my emails in bed right before getting up to go to work? I saw eBay notification for one of the cars I've wanted for sometime. It's this:

jarrod's white tlv skyline.jpg

No, not the Tomica Premium 300ZX. It's the Jarrod Goat special TLV Skyline. Repeatedly asked @Spacegoat to gift his to me, but he refueses. :grumpy: Well, from eBay, it was $25 shipped for used one, so I jumped on it. As I'm checking out, I noticed the seller was in Arizona. I thought that was weird. Most TLV ships from Japan, Hong Kong, Europe, or maybe California. Imagine my surprise when I went back & saw that seller name was none other than gt3man2001(I know it well). I got a good kick out of that. A TLV model I wanted from one GTPlanet member I ended up getting from another GTPlanet member. Thanks @R1600Turbo :D:tup:

Figures all the cheap stuff sold already and the stuff I need to really sell is still sitting there. :lol:
It's not my fault you don't have Atlanta Braves snowglobe listed on your account! I'd have bought it! :P
But speaking of things that I have and you want. Nissan Service Prairie next, amirite...
That car's been #1 on my list for the longest time. My bad. I was reading it upside down(zzzzzzzingggg).

That car's been #1 on my list for the longest time. My bad. I was reading it upside down(zzzzzzzingggg).

Ah, Choro-Q Alto's must be #1 then if you are reading it that way.

Or it could be a certain 90's game console. :dopey:

So the AMG GT3 spoiler was really bothering me. And since @AOS- gave me the idea of just... well, fixing it, I decided to go for it.
I remembered that I have some old photoetched saws by tamiya that would work perfectly to detach the spoiler. The plastic is very soft, so it was quite easy.

20191228_123125.jpg

Originally, I wanted to keep one side attached and simply re-glue the other side properly, but since the saw is only 0,1mm thick, it didn't take off enough material. I'd need to awkwardly sand that side away, trying not to damage anything. Alternatively. I could just saw the other side as well and work on the spoiler that way, with more freedom.

20191228_123435.jpg

This car cost nearly 15€ + shipping.

20191228_123839.jpg

With the spoiler off, I decided to do more work on it than I had planned initially. I sanded away the cast seams and clear coated the entire thing to protect the decals. The image above partly shows why. Admittedly, with the spoiler attached the seams aren't too apparent, but detached they're quite obvious.
The decals, being quite exposed on the edge, started coming off. Surely due to me touching them a whole lot during the removal process, but partly due to them being a bit big for the spoiler as well.
I used semi-gloss clear coat, which looks a lot like the bare plastic anyway. I re-attached it with standard cyanoactylate glue (superglue for all you non glue nerds).

Final results:
20191228_133527.jpg

20191228_133627.jpg

20191228_134018.jpg

I reckon it looks much better than originally. Not just due to better alignment, but because the decals and plastic look a lot more uniform thanks to the clear coat, which doesn't come off that well in the pictures. If you know what to look for, the glue is visible, but honestly, not nearly as visible as the plastic seam that I had gotten rid of during the process.
Since I hadn't even noticed the seam when I first got the car, it's worth assuming that the reattachment job probably isn't all that obvious either, so job well done in my book.

I know this is towing the line between this thread and the customisation one, but I mentioned the problem here originally, so posted the followup here as well.

So the AMG GT3 spoiler was really bothering me. And since @AOS- gave me the idea of just... well, fixing it, I decided to go for it.

Wait a sec- Was it possible to disassemble the model to pull out the wing instead of cutting it at the base like you did?

Wait a sec- Was it possible to disassemble the model to pull out the wing instead of cutting it at the base like you did?
Nah, that's what I checked first. It's riveted and I don't want to mess with that.

Last edited:
Back