1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
New Hot Wheels Car Culture Alfa Romeo is a beauty and presents well, but seems large. Measuring wheelbase and doing some maths show the diecast is at 1/57 scale, or close to Siku 1/56. This is the gaming "28mm" scale. Other recent Car Culture offerings are also in the 1/56 range, the Cosmo and the Silvia for example. Nice, but prefer closer to 1/64 scale. A common feature to all cars is the 40-42 mm axle distances.

33 Stradale 800a.jpg

What scale am I? The Mattel Dream Car is a cute little thing and the bubble canopy looks like a lens. Nice quirky design and a great homage to a 1953 model. But what size would it be if such a car existed IRL? Here are comparisons to common diecast " 3-inch" scales

So I'd say it is a 1/68 Scale, that wide front end would take up a good part of a lane, cockpit looks a little cozy.
Nice car!

mattel dream2 800b.jpg
mattel dream 800a.jpg
mattel dream3 800c.jpg

Attachments

• mattel dream 800a.jpg
    mattel dream 800a.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 9
How hard to find is the aqua color Dodge Van right now?(2021 release?) I see them on eBay, but I can't find them anywhere locally.

How hard to find is the aqua color Dodge Van right now?(2021 release?) I see them on eBay, but I can't find them anywhere locally.

Be patient. My local stores seem to be behind what other collectors are finding. Finally grabbed a Ford Lightning & the TMNT Party Wagon tonight....along with the Shell Little Red Truck.

20201218_212206.jpg

Funny story about the Shell truck. Our local Walmart didn't have it scanned into the system. So we had to wait for an associate to help. She walks up & says she just rings them up for 98 cents. We all know they usually charge nearly $5 US for those premium Hot Wheels. :lol:

Funny story about the Shell truck. Our local Walmart didn't have it scanned into the system. So we had to wait for an associate to help. She walks up & says she just rings them up for 98 cents. We all know they usually charge nearly $5 US for those premium Hot Wheels. :lol:
I had same thing happened to me when I used to go hot wheel hunting years ago. I didn't get a price break or anything though. 👍

Be patient. My local stores seem to be behind what other collectors are finding. Finally grabbed a Ford Lightning & the TMNT Party Wagon tonight....along with the Shell Little Red Truck.

View attachment 979090

You lucky bastard :lol:

I had same thing happened to me when I used to go hot wheel hunting years ago. I didn't get a price break or anything though. 👍
I had it happen every time I get new Tomica cars they have to type it in the screen and add the price.

With the huge popularity of 1.64 in recent years, i might consider to make a little collection in this scale in future.
The Premium Castings from Mini GT, INNO64, Tarmac and other companies are quite tempting... too bad here in Italy expect for some HW and Matchboxes it's quite rare to find those.

My first haul of 2021.

_MG_4008.JPG
_MG_4011.JPG
_MG_4013.JPG

"Pizza Trio" complete!

_MG_3999.JPG

_MG_4002.JPG

_MG_4005.JPG

We Filipinos call them "pizza" mainly because of the tail light shape. It's our way of distinguishing Lancers in the 90s.
(Lancers from 1992-1996 including Evos 1-3 are called "eggs")

Last edited:
Well use of a dirty car roof for that photo. The streaks really help create a sense of speed.

We Filipinos call them "pizza" mainly because of the tail light shape. It's our way of distinguishing Lancers in the 90s.
(Lancers from 1992-1996 including Evos 1-3 are called "eggs")

Can't unsee that now. Thanks.

Do you guys have nicknames for Evo 7 and up?

Last edited:
Can't unsee that now. Thanks.

Do you guys have nicknames for Evo 7 and up?

We tend to give those nicknames on normal Lancers, but giving them to Evos is also okay.

For 7-9 we call them "Cedia" based on its JDM name.

For 10 we call them as "EX".

We even have a term named "Assemvolution" - normal Lancers converted to Evos using legit Evo parts and drivetrain. They are prevalent here, to the point that used legit Evos fetch a premium.

Last edited:
Back