1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,431 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Yeah, it's just stupid on their part as a business to ask that much out of a student.
Given, I'm out of classes for the day by 12:30, but I just can't swing 1pm to 11pm like they're asking.
It's annoying, not to mention extremely discouraging how difficult it is to get a job when you're almost 19. :grumpy:

I got a job when I was 19... I'm still working at the dollar store... that sells poop Maisto basics. That manager is dumb. All he/she needs to do is hire more students and then fill the schedule with whatever time slots you guys are available on. That way, there's enough people working. My current manager is horrid and your description of your employer reminds me of her.

Dude, 4? :eek: Even though you didn't even want one, congrats anyway. :P:tup:
Why can't I get four different THs that I hate! Had to be four of the same one I don't care for. :dunce:

Do you wanna trade my four for one of yours? :P

You reminded me of that time back in 2010 when I walked towards the pegs and noticed a green stipe, it was a 1965 GTO, the green with orange flames regular TH. I immediately grabbed it even though I already had it, because trades. Then I start going though the entire stock. By the 15th (yes, no typo, fifteen) I stopped counting. No other model. No errors or something like that. Only grabbed three. My guess is that maybe one of the "magic cases" of a store or Mattel employee was found and put on back again.

Most employees that are clueless and only look for the Green Stripe are going to have a rude awakening this year. :P

Oh yeah, recently had the green stripe experience right before my eyes. I mean I was a meter away from the guy as he was hangin' cars in the pegs and he didn't put like 5 '41 Willys and a Surf Crate. Didn't say a thing because I had already found two Willys and the Surf Crate is pretty horrid, nobody wants it.

TH is a special find to most of us. It's definitely better than not finding one at all. :dopey:
You reminded me of that time back in 2010 when I walked towards the pegs and noticed a green stipe, it was a 1965 GTO, the green with orange flames regular TH. I immediately grabbed it even though I already had it, because trades. Then I start going though the entire stock. By the 15th (yes, no typo, fifteen) I stopped counting. No other model. No errors or something like that. Only grabbed three. My guess is that maybe one of the "magic cases" of a store or Mattel employee was found and put on back again.
I'm horrible, but if I saw fifteen of this Chevelle TH that I didn't want, I most likely would have grabbed all fifteen just for laughs. :ouch: :lol:
Oh yeah, recently had the green stripe experience right before my eyes. I mean I was a meter away from the guy as he was hangin' cars in the pegs and he didn't put like 5 '41 Willys and a Surf Crate. Didn't say a thing because I had already found two Willys and the Surf Crate is pretty horrid, nobody wants it.
There is better than 50/50 chance I'd #@%* with the guy. "Umm.... execuse me, I actually wanted to buy those.... can I talk to the manager then?" :lol: Then again, we routinely pull similar act at our work(we don't deal with coveted collectables though), so I can't really judge. :P

I can't believe I waited two whole days to post this! :ouch:
8027279889_1208a0181a_z.jpg

I've never came across this many different Decades all at once. These were all Walmart had minus I think a copy of the ZR-1, Firebird, and C3 Corvette.
I settled for what you see below. I have the Mercury in the picture above, but I just noticed it's not in the picture below.
8031573874_98bc302088_z.jpg

I thought the '56 Ford was interesting because its hood doesn't open as the other '56 Fords do.
Also, a color combo I haven't come across before on the Gallardo and the Walmart exclusive (I believe) GT2 RS.
8031575815_2c9b2720bc_z.jpg

I found the Beetle I've been after too! Turbo look-a-like, here I come!
8031575667_dc55b61889_n.jpg
8031573526_198c0d240e_n.jpg

MAY customise.
8031575455_c6eed315ba_n.jpg
8031573122_59d8c01b8c_n.jpg

8031573258_ff0480dcb7_z.jpg

And Spector; which I've never heard of! :eek:
As you can see, it bends at those two points.
8031572974_90f0a35288_n.jpg
8031572810_1c3de2e71b_n.jpg

I hope I don't regret opening this one.
Right now I'm after a not-too-special-edition one of these to customise,
but so far this is looking to be my best bet on account of its window color.
And I know, I could have found something a bit more elegant to prop up the body than a some ol' three spokers. :ouch:

If anyone wants them bad enough, I can get at least a half dozen of the 2013 black 458 with the greyish tan interior.
Sadly though, you may not have the one with black interior my girlfriend found. :P

I'm horrible, but if I saw fifteen of this Chevelle TH that I didn't want, I most likely would have grabbed all fifteen just for laughs. :ouch: :lol:

There was also this time later in 2010 with the Rat Bomb when I also counted more than 10. Didn't grab a single one because that car was more common than some mainline cars. Everyone had a bunch. The 2009 (I think) Pink '53 Cadillac suffered from the same, but I never saw more than 7 of those. One of those ended up in Australia, with JPap.

There is better than 50/50 chance I'd #@%* with the guy. "Umm.... execuse me, I actually wanted to buy those.... can I talk to the manager then?" :lol: Then again, we routinely pull similar act at our work(we don't deal with coveted collectables though), so I can't really judge. :P

Ah, I've done the "call the manager" boogie once or thrice.

Cano, you rule. :lol:👍

McZ: Yeah, I've observed the same from Walmart last time I was there. I already got ones I want, so I haven't bought any lately. Although the Hachiroku might be a nice one to have a spare of, and they are plentiful. :dopey:

I like the Batgirl car. While I have zero interest in that comic series thing, I did take notice of the Batgirl one before. Very nice. 👍 I have the Aquaman-boy-whatever, but it was on clearance for two bucks. :crazy:

Cano, you rule. :lol:👍

Yeah? Ask that to the kid I scammed. Back in 1996 (no I don't have that good of a memory, that's the only year the car has come out) I was riffling trough gigantic, december-style pegs at a very VERY far-away-from.home Wal Mart (don't remember wtf I was doing there) and there was NOTHING. I only had found a Chevy Lumina Taxi. Then this little brat pulls my pant: "oi, can you hand me that one way up there?"

I turn up my head and see a chassis like I had never seen before. Intrigued, I kinda climb a small step in front of the peg and, with the help of the Lumina blister card, make it fall down. The child grabs it. I'm like "Oh, lemme see!" He gives the car to me. The First Edition Drag Bus. I... er... ran the bejeezus out of there, leaving the kid behind with a wtf face.

I DON'T REGRET A FREAKING THING. I never saw it again, that very car is sitting on my shelf right now collecting dust.

They may be plentiful where you live, but not here. I gobbled up the only one I saw.
Yeah, I like comics a little bit, but I mostly bought it for the car. My roommate liked it though as he has a couple hundred comics in his collection. Him and I always joke about how I have so many carded Hot Wheels laying around and his has big boxes full of comics. :crazy: We're equal in that respect.

Edit:
The First Edition Drag Bus.
The yellow one? :dopey:

Edit again:
Never mind, I'm thinking of the Surfin' School Bus. And I guess that came out probably close to 10 years ago. I still have mine and love it. :)

Most employees that are clueless and only look for the Green Stripe are going to have a rude awakening this year. :P

My eyes lit up when I saw a green stripe the other day.. I looked at it and it didn't look like a TH at all. Nothing special about the wheels, no TH or new symbol... and then late I saw a different car with a green stripe as well and then I went "oh...."

Yeah? Ask that to the kid I scammed. Back in 1996 (no I don't have that good of a memory, that's the only year the car has come out) I was riffling trough gigantic, december-style pegs at a very VERY far-away-from.home Wal Mart (don't remember wtf I was doing there) and there was NOTHING. I only had found a Chevy Lumina Taxi. Then this little brat pulls my pant: "oi, can you hand me that one way up there?"

I turn up my head and see a chassis like I had never seen before. Intrigued, I kinda climb a small step in front of the peg and, with the help of the Lumina blister card, make it fall down. The child grabs it. I'm like "Oh, lemme see!" He gives the car to me. The First Edition Drag Bus. I... er... ran the bejeezus out of there, leaving the kid behind with a wtf face.

I DON'T REGRET A FREAKING THING. I never saw it again, that very car is sitting on my shelf right now collecting dust.

That's not a scam.

That's taking candy from a baby. Or hot wheels snatching.

:lol::lol::lol:
They may be plentiful where you live, but not here. I gobbled up the only one I saw.
Yeah, I like comics a little bit, but I mostly bought it for the car. My roommate liked it though as he has a couple hundred comics in his collection. Him and I always joke about how I have so many carded Hot Wheels laying around and his has big boxes full of comics. :crazy: We're equal in that respect.
I was referring to the decades cars. Batgirl car do seem to disappear fast!

It'll be nice for collectors, up until the scalpers learn about the logo in the package and see it behind the car. (Lucky for the Bread Box being large enough to block it). Still think the print behind the car will make it a tad difficult. :indiff:

I know, I'm just stating that though it may take "too much" effort for the scalpers to look for the logo, it'll be easy for them to see it through the package. The logo on the car will be more "difficult," but the logo on the package itself will show with a smaller model.

Sort of like this...but with smaller models, it'll be quite obvious.
DSC02507.jpg

I was referring to the decades cars. Batgirl car do seem to disappear fast!

As was I. The first line was a response to what you said about the Hachiroku.
It was my fault for kind of mixing the two different topics. Sorry about that.

Gives me time to fill "the list". ;)

The list :drool:

Nor should you. Your actions are completely justifiable in that case.

The kid, would have just ruined it anyway. :lol:

That was the only time I ever saw the Drag Bus in a store. A month ago one of them came my way. I sold it at the convention for about $30, as that car was extremely hard to find here in Mexico. I only know of like 5 people that have it since new.

I agree with you there Cano!👍 When it comes to Hot Wheels, i live life with no regrets.:) Me and my brother both have had Hot Wheels we have only seen once, i rememher my brother found a truck called Semi Physco back in 2006 and once he got, it was years before we ever saw it again!:drool: There many more i could name! I remember back in 2007 i was in check out lane at Wal Mart and a little girl said red and pointed to me and i think she had noticed my Tuned Enzo Ferrari, but i didn't let her have it.:sly:

Latest Posts

Back