1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,442 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.7%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.7%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.1%

• Total voters
When I have been traveling in Asia all I have ever seen is long cards but in the UK it seems I've only seen short ones so now it makes sense. Seems kinda odd that there are two sizes, maybe its to save on shipping costs. I've got to decide which size I want to continue with!

Here in Portugal I've only seen the short card ones too.

Some of my old Hotwheels and Majorette toy cars I used to play with as a child.
I love the Porsche, and that RX7 is an absolute treasure. 👍
I have that yellow one, I find them pretty cute.
I have soft spot for them, as those ChoroQ/Penny Racers came out when I was a kid. Add that to those two car's throwback quality, and I'm there. :lol:

:D

DSCN3326.jpg

Here's the Fisker.

DSCN3327.jpg

I saw that Holden the other day and I'm going back to get it tomorrow. :)

I got a Matchbox Cadillac CTS Wagon last week - it looks pretty accurate, and quite nice next to my Hot Wheels CTS-V sedan!

A6M5, some of those are pretty cool! I've looked for the Initial D Trueno but it's prohibitive now, I really like how Jada achieved that casting, it has nothing to do with I-D, which I hate. But I guess I'm screwed by fanboys.

Kudos for the penny racers and the Playart and Yatimng (not sure) fire trucks; that Playart cabin has several versions including a tow truck, a tanker, and more, I have about four of those, but I'm missing the fire truck. Here is my dump truck:

kyujouij046.jpg

kyujouij047.jpg

kyujouij048.jpg

Robin, that Matchbox Countach is pretty good, that Matchbox has eluded me for along darn time, at least in Lesney livery, I have the Tyco one in black.

Super GT Racer, those are some good cars you have there, and pretty well kept, too! All the Majorettes are french? or France-made, to put it more clearly?

And Paulie, you're gonna LOVE the Ute. It's one of the best castings I have seen in a LONG while, and the new wheels Matchbox debuted this year make it look bad-ass.

Kudos for the penny racers and the Playart and Yatimng (not sure) fire trucks; that Playart cabin has several versions including a tow truck, a tanker, and more, I have about four of those, but I'm missing the fire truck.
I knew there were variants of Playart trucks! I couldn't remember for sure, as they are from so long ago.

The second truck, next to the Playart, is actually an Tomica refrigerated truck. I still can't believe the wide variety of collection you got going there. Ridiculous. :lol:👍

Super GT Racer, those are some good cars you have there, and pretty well kept, too! All the Majorettes are french? or France-made, to put it more clearly?

Yes, they're all French I believe, and they were pretty well kept, except I had to wipe all the dust off.

I have soft spot for them, as those ChoroQ/Penny Racers came out when I was a kid. Add that to those two car's throwback quality, and I'm there. :lol:

The game 'Road Trip Adventure', was based around Choro Q's, was a brilliant game.

I have got some interesting models made in the the early 2000-late '90s.
Most of them are Ferraris, since I am a Ferrari fan. Mazda rotaries are wonderful too. I will include pics of them later on.

Ferraris:
Ferrari 340 America [it didn't have a name in it, only Ferrari logos, thus I had to check out all the 50's road Ferraris to find out the model name, it's same car as the yellow race-Ferrari on the previous page]
Ferrari 156 "Sharknose"
Ferrari 365 GTB/4
Ferrari 512M [2 of them, one in red and one in ugly metallic brown]
Ferrari F40
Ferrari 333SP [again two of them, one in metallic blue and one in silver]
Ferrari F355 Challenge
Ferrari F50
Ferrari 456M
Ferrari 550 Maranello
Ferrari 360 Modena
Ferrari 360 Spider
Ferrari 575 GTC
Ferrari Enzo Ferrari [2 of them, one in Rosso Corsa and one in Rosso Scuderia]

Others:
Jaguar XJ220
Lamborghini Diablo
Lamborghini Murcielago
Maserati MC12
Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR
Porsche 911 GT1
Volkswagen W12 Concept [Nardo]
Williams FW16 [#0, Damon Hill, 1994 F1 car, correct model and livery, though quite a bit worn out as it was my favourite die-cast car when I was a kid]

Season 2004 livery F1 cars of the following teams:
Ferrari [F2004, #1, M. Schumacher]
Willliams [FW26, #3, J. Montoya]
McLaren [MP4-19, #5, D. Coulthard]
Renault [R24, #7, J. Trulli/J. Villeneuve]
Jaguar [R5, #14, M. Webber]
Jordan [EJ14, #18/19, N. Heidfeld/G. Pantano/T. Glock, car missing the racing number for some reason]
These models are of low design, a generic F1-like design. Liveries are correct and tobacco sponsors are censored in the way they are in real 2004 cars. Ferrari and Renault have blank space, while McLaren has David's name and Jordan has the "Be On Edge" logo on it.

I wonder will the X2010 ever make it to a die-cast. It could quite possibly fit in Hot Wheels' 2012 "lineup" seeing as they've always made fantasy cars.

Last edited:
Here are my Choro Q's, I started collecting them last year :D.

Datsun/Nissan 240Z (Left) Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86 (Right)

p1020325s.jpg

Nissan R390 Le Mans (Left) Toyota TS010 Le Mans (Right)

p1020326z.jpg

Toyota Celica 1600GT TA22 (Left) Toyota Celica GT-Four ST205 (Right)

p1020328i.jpg

Toyota Supra (Left) Mazda RX-8 (Right)

p1020330.jpg

Ford Crown Victoria Taxi (Left) Ford Crown Victoria Police (Middle) Choro Q Bus (Right)

p1020331z.jpg

Lamborghini Countach (Left) Nissan 300ZX (Right)

p1020333y.jpg

oooo time to e-bay some of those. The Trueno is specially nice.

EDIT: freaking forget it, they are mind-numbingly expensive. I'll have some redlines before.

Last edited:
Here are my Choro Q's, I started collecting them last year :D.
Wow, just about all of them are cool in each unique way. 👍

I have no idea where I stashed them, but I had old Supra(89-ish), too. I also thought I had LeMan's car, too. Don't remember which model, except it's not the Mazda. I'd remember that! :lol:

Yeah, they're all unique. Even the pink one :rolleyes:. I love collecting these, as they were a big part of my childhood. You should find yours too! They're great for show.

I just found my Hot Wheels collection that I made a couple of years back. Will definitely post some pics when I get them altogether. I've got some gems.

I just found my Hot Wheels collection that I made a couple of years back. Will definitely post some pics when I get them altogether. I've got some gems.

Be sure to do so. It's always cool to see what other people has in their shelves.

As for me, my friend just called. He has all my E-Bay shipment in his office. I'll go there wednesday to pick it up. It's HUGE.

Be sure to do so. It's always cool to see what other people has in their shelves.

As promised. They were dirty as hell, so I took 45 mins to clean them up a bit. I have more, but I have to find them first. :banghead: I'm actually going to start/continue my collection, but without taking them out of the packaging.

Ferrari Collection by newyorkkillabee, on Flickr

Porsche Collection by newyorkkillabee, on Flickr

European Cars by newyorkkillabee, on Flickr

Japanese Cars by newyorkkillabee, on Flickr

American Trucks by newyorkkillabee, on Flickr

Classic American Muscle by newyorkkillabee, on Flickr

American Cars by newyorkkillabee, on Flickr

BTW, I started this collection when I was about 7 or 8 years old, back in 1997-1998 and probably stopped in 2000 or 2001. Enjoy.

As for me, my friend just called. He has all my E-Bay shipment in his office. I'll go there wednesday to pick it up. It's HUGE.

I've actually been hyped for this for a while now! Cano's awesome buys are always... awesome!

So everybody prepare yourself for sweet greatness!

Ah, yes. There's gonna be a lot of pictures of much stuff soon. Coming are some Hot Wheels redlines, a set of Lesneys, LOTS of HW Garage and Delivery and loads and loads of loose 70s, 80s and 90s HWs, and some 100% premiums as well. Heck, some of the cars that are coming are even for restoration. I've been into it lately and it's way fun.

M-Power, nice stuff, though I was expecting older cars to show up, as you said you had been collecting years ago. Problem is, many of those you posted are almost 10 years old by now, but for me they are comparatively new. The R32 Skyline with those wheels is hard to come by, as well as the CLK GTR in red...

Pretty nice collection you have there.

Thanks. 👍

Wish I had that silver F512M. :drool:

:D

M-Power, nice stuff, though I was expecting older cars to show up, as you said you had been collecting years ago. Problem is, many of those you posted are almost 10 years old by now, but for me they are comparatively new. The R32 Skyline with those wheels is hard to come by, as well as the CLK GTR in red...

Yeah, thanks man. I agree some are still pretty new, I didn't really know what I was doing, since I was still kind of young. Just bought the cars I liked at the time. I do have more, but I have to look for them. I remember counting at least 100 and I also remember I had a Jaguar XJ220.

Is there a website I can visit to learn more about when certain models came out? Also, where can I find rare models? I'm interested I'm starting to collect again.

www.southtexasdiecast.com has the largest hot wheels guide in teh interwebz, by year, letter and all that stuff. Jus go there and click on the Hot Wheels guide link. As for finding stuff? nothing beats e-bay. My collection has grown exponentially since I discovered it.

Tomica limited Vintage neo on its way being shipped from my angel..."damn shes awesome"

Nissan 240ZE(1976)

Nissan sunny AWD turbo.(1989)

Mitsubitshi galant VR4.(1989)

Subaru legacy sport turbo sedan (1990)

Nissan bluebird SSS (1991)

Honda CRXSI ballade sports(1989)

Tomica limited KPG10 GTR race car.(1974)

And tomica regular NSX and GTR(spec v)2011.

She bought a Kyosho BNR34 and BNR32(simular to the white one she bought me) for her own collection and i bought her MAC cosmetics like she asked... Gift giving is wonderful.

Will post on arrival :D also @ M-POWER_FTW Love your collection, Especially the 2 Porsche 911 GT1 Le mans cars.

@ M-POWER_FTW Love your collection, Especially the 2 Porsche 911 GT1 Le mans cars.

Thanks man. :)

BTW, I just looked at the 2011 line-up, so if anyone happens to see the Datsun 240Z or the Nissan Skyline KPGC10 Race, please pick it up for me or let me know where you got it. Will give moneyzzz. ;)

PS. Bought some Hot Wheels yesterday, so I'll be posting a pic later.

Back