1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Alright, that's somewhat affordable, even if it is a 1/64 model. And Kyoshos aren't exactly a common sight around these parts, so the Pagoda has that going for it...

IMG_8281_zpszcj1so9l.jpg

IMG_8439_zpsmxluupqi.jpg

IMG_8434_zpsvppx49xs.jpg

IMG_8437_zpsmomubkbc.jpg

My boxes are tagged hastily in marker at the moment - I intend printing out proper labels soon. The rectangular green tag means unopened packages in that box (red tags are opened cars stacked in trays) if I were go into the box labelled 'Flame Livery' this is what I would see:

IMG_8445_zpssfqbmmcw.jpg

All these cars fit in the box named 'Flame Livery' - but good news! There's room for more.

Some close ups: All these packages are duplicates (one was opened) but some have one extra for trading or gifting.

IMG_8444_zpsdzgei9pt.jpg

IMG_8443_zpsmclbbmqv.jpg

IMG_8446_zpsmdxpq3tj.jpg

If anybody needs ideas for flame livery on their everyday RL car I have some examples.

:)

Last edited:
I swear to god, either my colleague has been the one going through the case at work, or some random dude actually walks into the back to help himself. No way a new case we received is perfectly 50% empty.

Did matchbox ever do a 5 pack with regular cars besides the exotic pack?

Yes, there are a few selections - there's one that comes with both the Beetle and the Kombi van, too. There's also 5-packs with only jeeps, or regular vehicles dressed in military or police livery. Here are some 5-packs I have - these pulled out from the box pictured in post#40744:

IMG_8450_zpswbfe4bl3.jpg

All these cars and the five 5-packs came out of one box:

IMG_8456_zpsoewfaiiq.jpg

All these cars and the five 5-packs came out of one box:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/bayvroom/A4%20Forum%20Posts%202015/IMG_8456_zpsoewfaiiq.jpg

You must've been the one who took half a case of Hot Wheels from the stock room!

Nah I kid. I'm just shocked unauthorized member of the city stepped into a no-customer zone. :P

Latest things arrived. TLV N-Attack GT-R, Nissan Skyline Diesel, Honda Civic & Tomica Mazda CX-5 Patrol car.

078.JPG

You must've been the one who took half a case of Hot Wheels from the stock room!

Nah I kid. I'm just shocked unauthorized member of the city stepped into a no-customer zone. :P

I saw a teen shop-lifter being held in the backroom by two burly Dollarama thugs once; they were holding her till the cops showed up.
You're missing half a case? I got 32 full boxes here.
You guys are not spending enough time in the back room.

Wish I had your space...

Space is expanding, Cano. Or well, something is - we have to expand with it . . .

"It's all about Space Management. Merchandisers will know what I'm talking about" ;)

From here:

I've seen many store them in plastic Tupperware-type boxes that usually slide underbed, and kept out of sight that way. Also maybe cabinet drawers, and some occasionally have them pinned up on the wall.
I myself have a wall 12 X 8 feet that is covered in packaged cars, with shelving strips running the width of the middle that holds opened cars, and two side panels that are 4 X 8 expressly for packaged cars, and also a chest of drawers that holds only packaged cars, and then several other storage boxes filled with loose cars.

Keeping your collection organised is one of the important things towards truly enjoying the hobby. You don't want it to be a headache, you want to relax with it. If you still have under a hundred cars - good time to start getting organised right now.

It's all about Space Management. Merchandisers will know what I'm talking about.

If you live alone - well, no problem - your space is your own - just don't let the cars take control of your bed because then it's off to the Nessy Ford DVA Clinic. But if you live in a family - or with room-mates . . . then . . problem. Look around your personal space - look everywhere - under the bed, atop cupboards, behind doors - there is storage space to be found.

Shoe and Hat Boxes are also great for storing 'sets'.

Which was the page we really started talking about 'space' after seeing this: :lol:

OK here I go, this pictures were taken a year ago (time flies), now I have not 1 but 2 fridges full of hotwheels :scared:

DSCF2243.jpg

DSCF2244.jpg

DSCF2245.jpg

DSCF2241.jpg

DSCF2242.jpg

We need more space. Is there any out there?

Latest things arrived. TLV N-Attack GT-R, Nissan Skyline Diesel, Honda Civic & Tomica Mazda CX-5 Patrol car.

View attachment 484399

Could you show off your collection? It seems quite interesting based on the models you buy.

Could you show off your collection? It seems quite interesting based on the models you buy.

Everybody collects different. It's quite fascinating when you view a collection as a whole mass - or even sections of it.

I'll buckle up in readiness for Jarrod's jellynigans.

IMG_8484_zpsutjpv3dr.jpg

IMG_8485_zpsd4juxwyg.jpg

Could you show off your collection?

Best I can do is just link you to my Flickr, all the stuff I post here is on there. 👍 I've also created an album on here for my TLV collection as well but it's not complete. I'll get around to taking pictures of the remaining models.....one day. :lol:

Edit: Just realised that I had set a lot of the older pictures to private. Fixed now. :)

Last edited:
Ah, you should see that place now. It is totally unlivable there. You can barely walk.

We need more pics then; report on the latest called for.
@AHMEDFINK should be giving us monthly updates of his living conditions. Just so we can make sure the cars are safe.

I began to dig into that MBX box that was labelled 'Commercial vehicles' and was hooked for awhile - so many nice models in there - made me want to go play with the opened ones (which of course have their own box)
Here's a few more shots of the goodies in that box:

IMG_8465_zpslmnsbaph.jpg

IMG_8462_zpsu3ufhvii.jpg

I have more varieties of models opened since it is not always possible to get a second card - then I open the first one.

You know what's funny about this picture now? I started documented how much money I spent on 1/64s since the beginning of this year, and it's amazing how fast I'm catching up to the total expenses of 1/64s (Jan to Nov) with 1/18s only this past month.

It would seem like 1/18s get expensive more quicker for me than Hot Wheels now. :embarrassed:

While I'm at it, since there's been a strong craving for the larger cars and a huge decline in interest in 1/64s, I decided I'm going to sell off almost everything in the 1/64 collection now. It will help fund the big cars on the wishlist.

I'll go through what I'm willing to pass up and will be open to taking offers. So if any of y'all have an interest in some of my HW, MBX, Kyosho, Norev, Spark, Majorette, Minichamps and TLV, I'll have announcements made later in December.

Haul for tonightimage.jpeg
Dodge d100, charger, challenger Srt, Chevy 2 from Walmart, Toyota truck, challenger drift car, ford ranchero from one Meijer. Blue Chevy, 180sx, and blue Urus from another Meijer. One Meijer had a dump bin of q and a case cars. And I almost forgot about the yellow ranchero.

I bought a Matchbox car.

Yep.

Pic stolen from eBay. :P

:lol: Took me a whole day to get that.
Actually MBXs are increasingly hard to find on the pegs and whatever is left on the pegs is usually those oxymoronic MBX 'fantasy' vehicles.
Pretty much the only place I can find MBXs in at least half a dozen models on the pegs would be Dollarama. The big boxes - Walmart, Sears, TRU and so on focus only on HWs and the Premium diecast makers like GL, Tomica, Bburago et al. MBXs get very few pegs and models are usually their selection of aircraft or some 5 or 10 packs.

74 Dodge Monaco Highway Police Interceptor´s Roof :cool:

I wondered what that surface was - the scratches and rust confused the hell out of me. So now a real Monaco and a model on the same page. Coincidence? :sly:

For both Hot Wheels and real cars. :mischievous:

This is so true. Especially true of Hot Wheels. More so true of Hotwheels than collecting any other brand of box-size cars (let alone authentic replica diecast models.)
I might even come up with some horror stories of lives ruined to dissuade you lot from . . .

. . . straying down the wrong path.

Collect wisely.
Or don't collect at all. ;)

Back