1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,408 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Casual stop by Walmart ends in disappointment as usual. Looks like I missed the Boulevard R33 and of course the only Matchbox transport missing was the Tesla. :rolleyes:

IMG_20200129_130727.jpg

IMG_20200129_130734.jpg

More details of the Mini GT C8 Corvette. Also coming soon is the Bugatti Vision GT in 1/64 scale.

Screenshot_20200130_170651.jpg

Majorette stepping up their game!

Dammit, just got stung with customs charges on the IG R34.

£8.46 + £12.00 for Parcelforce's handling fee (been a while since I've paid customs through PFW, has the handling fee gone up?).

Effectively puts the price at 150% :irked:

Dunno if UK customs are tightening their belts, I've just been unlucky lately, or if it has something to do with my new work address (as they buy a lot of goods from abroad and might be on the radar)?

...worth it though!

CA113CEA-F9F1-4CD6-8EE9-7F6371243257.jpeg

4CFD5690-9BD4-41B2-B810-067CE4B47D60.jpeg

17D3E2B4-CACF-4970-B1CD-3172AF2F08F3.jpeg

Incredibly sharp casting, pictures don't really do it justice. I'd say the only things that let it down are the painted (rather than moulded) front indicators and the wheels which aren't quite right shapewise, seem a tad too big and lack the NISMO decals (Tomica manage on the GT-R NISMO). Other than that, by far my best diecast of 2020!

Only other models I'm desperate to order are the Tomica Premiem R31 and the two Tomica Evo RS's in March. I'm trying to cut down on my diecast spending.

Once again HW supplies locally seem to have gone stale again. I wouldn't mind picking up a 22B or the 850, but haven't come across either (both local supermarkets seem to be stuck on the cases with the red Z32).

...worth it though!

View attachment 886539

View attachment 886537

View attachment 886538

Incredibly sharp casting, pictures don't really do it justice. I'd say the only things that let it down are the painted (rather than moulded) front indicators and the wheels which aren't quite right shapewise, seem a tad too big and lack the NISMO decals (Tomica manage on the GT-R NISMO). Other than that, by far my best diecast of 2020!

Only other models I'm desperate to order are the Tomica Premiem R31 and the two Tomica Evo RS's in March. I'm trying to cut down on my diecast spending.

Once again HW supplies locally seem to have gone stale again. I wouldn't mind picking up a 22B or the 850, but haven't come across either (both local supermarkets seem to be stuck on the cases with the red Z32).
Yes the Ignition Models are quite expensive. For that reason, I can't justify buying a heap of them. Besides, they sell out really quickly on Ami Ami:lol:

Is there a site which has lists for the rarity or importance of car models?

I'm particularly interested in older cars from the 70's, 80's and 90's. I don't think I would have anything of any value, especially with no packaging, and signs of wear and tear, but it would be nice to know if I have anything 'significant' for any reason. :)

Besides, they sell out really quickly on Ami Ami:lol:

Because they stop making them afterwards and prices, at least with 1:18s, always goes up. These cost a lot less than they do, so it's very much possible that those collectors who wish to spend less will aim for the little ones.

...worth it though!

View attachment 886539

View attachment 886537

View attachment 886538

Do the wheels roll?

Found a new antique store that had a decent selection of Hot Wheels/Matchbox. However...they were priced from $4-$5. I bit the bullet and picked up a Matchbox Morgan Aeromax. (The vendor decided it was a good idea to punch holes in the cards to put price tags on... Luckily I plan to open it anyways) Was rather surprised to find the F&F cars after visiting 3 Targets and only found the Silvia and City at Walmart. The JH3 cars had some badly damaged packages, but managed to get a damaged box discount of $4.50 each.
84411153_10222115752222189_3416274393771278336_o.jpg

Back