10 Reasons Why We Will See GT5's Sequel Next Summer

• Thread starter Earth
  • 192 comments
#10 - Tokyo Game Show is the perfect Arena to Suprise Everyone

Maybe.........maybe not.

#9 - Releasing GT Vita first is Illogical

So was GT on PSP, but it didn't stop Sony from insisting on it anyway.

#8 - GT5 isn't good Enough to Last 3+ Years

I must agree here. IMO it wasn't good enough to last 6 mos.

#7 - PS4 doesn't need GT6 to sell consoles

I think your dead wrong here.
All things considered, the console makers will need all the help they can get, this time around.
GT is one of the, last of the mohicans as a Playstation exclusive.
Even so, I firmly believe GT6 will be released for PS3.

#6 - Releasing GT6 on PS3 After PS4's launch Makes Little Sense

I have to agree.
Although unless PD speeds up the process, it could be a reality.

#5 - PD needs to buy time to optimize GT for PS4

If the jump from PS2 to PS3 is any indication, they will need an eternity.

#4 - Reusing Resources for GT6 PS3 Makes Sense Money-wise

So does having 65 million PS3 owners at the ready.

#3 - PC Sims Are Picking Off Former GT fans One at a Time

I believe this one maybe the most compelling of the bunch.
Due to what I consider an overall decline in the quantity and quality of console gaming,
I have already decided to buy a PC for gaming and pursue this avenue for my gaming preferences.
The two big hurdles to PC gaming have been overcome.
For the first time, you can now buy a PC that will play almost any PC game for about the same price as a console.
You can also download programs to use your wired or wireless 360 controller
so you don't have to use a mouse or keyboard.
These are significant changes to the gaming landscape, that open the door for more console gamers to make the switch.
Its difficult to imagine, PC gaming won't continue to win over more and more console gamers.

#2 - Forza 4 is already here. Forza Horizon and Forza 5 are Both Coming

Sorry, but this one is probably the most irrelevant of all.
There are some crossover players that own a 360 and PS3, myself included, but I believe it will have little if any effect on GT6 sales.

#1 - GT5 Is Easy To Improve

At this stage, you would almost have to assume it would be.

The Future of the GT series will be decided at TGS, for good or for bad

Maybe.........maybe not.

I believe we are looking at next Fall-2013 or Spring-2014.
Don't see how it could go later than that, but I never imagined GT5 would take as long as it did.
This time hopefully the PS4 will help to force its release sooner.

I learned my lesson on that this generation I got my PS3 for three games.

FFXIII, GT5, and MGS4 all, but one were terrible/mediocre can you guess which one lol.

No I can't
I loved MGS4 and I really love GT5.
Not interested in Final Fantasy.

What's it matter what system it's on?

Being a Polyphony game, WHEN it's coming out is of far more importance than "on what". Another large gap between games is unacceptable.

What's it matter what system it's on?

Being a Polyphony game, WHEN it's coming out is of far more importance than "on what". Another large gap between games is unacceptable.

Um, because one of them involves buying a £40 game, the other involves buying a £40 game + a £300+ console. Yes either way that's going to happen eventually but I'd much rather get my moneys worth on PS3 first.

I agree completely with #8. The only reason I played GT4 for over 500 hours is because money is not that easy to earn. There were no huge rewards in that game which made me play races over and over again just to get my beloved Toyota GT-One :D If PD is going to release GT6 soon, it better don't give away credits like it did in GT5.

Um, because one of them involves buying a £40 game, the other involves buying a £40 game + a £300+ console. Yes either way that's going to happen eventually but I'd much rather get my moneys worth on PS3 first.

That was kind of my point though.

In my opinion, GT6 will be on PS3. Your above post clearly illustrates why. With that said, the main question now becomes when.

machschnel
That was kind of my point though.

In my opinion, GT6 will be on PS3. Your above post clearly illustrates why. With that said, the main question now becomes when.

The problem is pd has such a hard time communicating that its hard to predict.

It could go either way with both sides offering good reasons to be right.

Last edited:
No I can't
I loved MGS4 and I really love GT5.
Not interested in Final Fantasy.

Well I own MGS4 as well love the heck out of it as a game.

GT5 and FFXIII were the correct answers lets just say GT5=FFXIII as far as games go seriously though I really thought about trading it in because the reality I don't think I'll miss it at all.

To go a little farther on the GT5=FFXIII just like this fanbase calls this GT the worse of all 5 games. FF fans called out FFXIII for being the worse of any of the FF games.

It will never happen. The sequel will be to this platform will be planned around the lunch of PS4 or XMAS.

Well I own MGS4 as well love the heck out of it as a game.

GT5 and FFXIII were the correct answers lets just say GT5=FFXIII as far as games go seriously though I really thought about trading it in because the reality I don't think I'll miss it at all.

To go a little farther on the GT5=FFXIII just like this fanbase calls this GT the worse of all 5 games. FF fans called out FFXIII for being the worse of any of the FF games.

Actually there is now correct answer.

I still play GT5 nearly every day. that makes it far from mediocre in my book.
To me a mediocre game is a game I get bored of after a month ( all COD or NFS installments for example).

So it's a matter of personal preferences and taste.

Now the thing I hate the most in GT5 is the freakin menu.
Just throw that s***t out the window PD, seriously.

When I boot rFactor in a matter of seconds I'm on track.

With GT5 it's so fooqueen slow. What about people just wanting a couple of races after a day work? I can't waste my time waiting the stupid loading menu, and yes I clean the chace everytime.

I want GT6 on PS3 with a much faster menu, or at least a fix for the damn thing on GT5.

HKS racer
No, F1 2010 is not that slow. GT5 has the most boring menu of all times. And I'm not talking about how it looks.

I don't know what some problems people have. My GT menu is fast. I have a Samsung HDD and a 100mbit internet connection. Maybe that's the reason.

No, F1 2010 is not that slow. GT5 has the most boring menu of all times. And I'm not talking about how it looks.

The problem is that every thing you do, there will pop up a small confirmation or save window right in front of you. When you buy a car, install a part or everything else. It should work faster and should be smoother.

I still enjoy GT5 and a few new tracks and 10+cars could add a lot more life to this already great game and as for the people who are saying GT5 has maxed the PS3 are delusional. GT5's engine has a lot more optimization left in it yet, you could tell straight away it was unfinished when it was released. GT6 will be like FORZA 4 was to Forza 3 the game it should have been and I for one will be buying it :)

Actually there is now correct answer.

I still play GT5 nearly every day. that makes it far from mediocre in my book.
To me a mediocre game is a game I get bored of after a month ( all COD or NFS installments for example).

So it's a matter of personal preferences and taste.

Here's the problem though I was talking about for me though. Especially since that original post was directed to other people. Although I do realize I didn't say who it was directed too.

There are some bad COD games and bad NFS games, but GT5 was just bad regardless I've had it less than a month I've put it down forever now.

There is nothing that can change how mediocre GT5 was for me it's the possibly the second worse purchase I've made on PS3, and no amount of DLC and updates will change how bad it is.

Zuku
Here's the problem though I was talking about for me though. Especially since that original post was directed to other people. Although I do realize I didn't say who it was directed too.

There are some bad COD games and bad NFS games, but GT5 was just bad regardless I've had it less than a month I've put it down forever now.

There is nothing that can change how mediocre GT5 was for me it's the possibly the second worse purchase I've made on PS3, and no amount of DLC and updates will change how bad it is.

If it was that bad why are you here? surely it was good enough for you to seek out gt planet?

If it was that bad why are you here? surely it was good enough for you to seek out gt planet?

Fan of the series plus just because of one bad game doesn't mean I'm going to up and leave. Plus if I'm not mistaken their starting to talk of GT6 as if it's happening soon and this is one of the threads.

Also just because GT5 was mediocre to me I don't discredit what it brought to the series.

Another thing I had been a member of the site almost 3 years ago just never really logged in at all.

In this post it is clear that to you it was mediocre but in the post I replayed to you made it sound like it's a fact.

Oh, we're starting the "reasons PD must(or will) make a new game in x amount of time" already?
All these "determining" factors that show how stupid it would be to wait, and there are "signs" of a new game approaching, something something blah blah.
All I'm saying is... :lol:

If you don't know by now that even a release date doesn't mean 🤬 coming from these guys, you never will.
And back to the :lol:

Carry on. :)

#3 - PC Sims Are Picking Off Former GT fans One at a Time

The PC sim market is growing. Before it was just a niche genre, now it's gaining steams and more and more developers are throwing their hat in the arena. With the arrival of iRacing, Sim Raceway and Rfactor 2 around the corner, as well as project CARS and others PD must respond, and fast. The bleeding needs to stop. Most sim buffs were disappointed with GT5 and have moved on. If PD waits too long to release a sequal to the disappointing GT5 then they risk losing alot of their core fanbase.

I don't really think PC sims are a threat to GT. I mean, physics in simulation games were always more advanced on PC than consoles, and whoever wanted more realism could have easily moved to PC a long time ago. If anything, GT5 made that gap smaller because even with all the flaws it's definitely the most realistic GT game to date. And besides, I think a big part of GT's appeal is the variety of everyday road cars which is usually not found in PC sims. GT has that "virtual car encyclopedia" feel while most pc sims are focused on race cars.

Besides, there is still a lot people who play Gran Turismo because it's a popular racing game with pretty graphics and aren't focused on its realism, and those people most likely won't care for something like PC sims. Another thing is, many people say that they are "leaving" GT forever and moving on, which is pretty silly IMO, I don't see why even a person who absolutely hated GT5 wouldn't be interested in what the next game will be like.

Gt6 will not be on the ps3! it will be nothing short of an epic fail if its not a ps4 title, let's be honest gt5 is too much for ps3 so gt6 would be awful.

mrkevans
Gt6 will not be on the ps3! it will be nothing short of an epic fail if its not a ps4 title, let's be honest gt5 is too much for ps3 so gt6 would be awful.

I doubt that. GT5 wasn't a epic fail in my opinion. They could add so much content which has nothing do with hardware power. I think they could push the engine a little bit further.

Of Course new hardware can deliver a better graphics, physics, more cars on track and other stuff.

GT6 = PS3

GT7 = Ok, Kaz, here's the PS4 hardware specs. Takes as long as you want....again.

Kaz: Good, but not good enough. Had to make many sacrifices.

He's an admitted perfectionist, always desiring more and expecting more. This is a common trait. Nothing new.

Going by that GT5 on PS3 was always going to be a fail and they shouldn't have bothered. No. For the last time, GT5 was not too much for PS3, there is so much they can do. Graphically maybe not, but yes in so many other areas.

Going by that GT5 on PS3 was always going to be a fail and they shouldn't have bothered. No. For the last time, GT5 was not too much for PS3, there is so much they can do. Graphically maybe not, but yes in so many other areas.

Yeah but when you look at what people want from GT6, like more cars on track, better physics, weather on all tracks, etc... all those require more processing power, and there is no doubt that GT5 IS pushing the PS3 quite hard. There is not too much room for improvement in that aspect. What they can do is improve is game design and fix some of questionable design decisions, but I don't think that is going to be enough for all the people who were disappointed with GT5 and and expect GT6 to be the second coming of Jesus.

And let's not forget that there are many people here who try really hard to justify GT6 being on PS3 because they don't want to buy another console.

Latest Posts

Back