10 Reasons Why We Will See GT5's Sequel Next Summer

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Earth, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Zuku

Zuku

@ BlisterHand

I couldn't tell and in 720p which is also GT5 native resolution they were way better graphical wise than GT in creating a believable feeling.

Pixelated Cheapness my as*.

2. daus26

daus26

Gamescom can actually be a possibility. Tokyo Game Show, of course, is the seemingly better event to present GT6, but PD has put up a big presentation on GT5P before at gamescom so it shouldn't be too surprising for us if gamescom will be the event that will present GT6 for the first time.

According to this, Sony has at least two unannounced titles. It may or may not be GT6, so yes, nothing but speculation. I'm just saying it's not "impossible."

http://translate.google.de/translat...ndigungen-auf-der-gamescom-dafur-kein-beyond/

3. mathieub33

mathieub33

If GT6 is on PS4 it will take 5 more years to have it in stores lol

4. Gejabo

Gejabo Premium

I don't think there is a difference in standard or premium cars when it comes to the game/physics engine.

And with a more powerful machine you'll could probably add more parameters to the equation.

5. karelpipa

karelpipa

This. + don't forget the money from sales on the same console with much less money needed to develop it.

Yep. Cars are enough detailed, now let add RMs to majority of them and redo trackside detail and it would be perfect, from GT7 on PS4 graphic point of view, game.

6. Earth

Earth

I'm sure PD has improved the graphics for GT6, but mostly in areas of performance, such as framerate, and better object in mirrors.

Yes, logic. For a long time I wanted GT6 on the PS4, preferably as a launch title. Its better hardware, so why not? But after thinking about it for a while logic says its a bad idea

I really like this point. If GT6 was a PS4 launch game then what are the most copies it could sell? A little over a million if every PS4 owner decided to buy it. Even if GT6 was released on the PS4 12 months after launch the global install base might not have reached 10 million at that point. Theres really no way they could sell more copies of GT6 on the PS4 then on the PS3.

Some will say it will force alot of people to upgrade to the PS4. I'm not so sure about that, especially after being disappointed by GT5. Forking over $300+ for a new console and $60 for the game and $120+ for the new wheel is an expensive proposition for a game that let alot of people down.

However I'm undecided on when PS4 will launch. I've heard rumors that say 2013, your link says 2014. The lack of big titles being announced at E3 says the PS4 and 720 are close, and that some games are being held back for them. When PS4 launches is key. Sony has a very narrow time table to work with...release PS4 too late and you risk leaving PS3 owners with too few new games for months as developers move all resources to next gen consoles. Release PS4 too early and you risk hurting the sales of a low priced PS3 ultra slim.

The reason PS4's launch date concerns us so much is because it will no doubt affect GT6s release date.. Holiday 2013 or Holiday 2014, it may not matter. GT6 can still launch late summer/fall and not interfere with a Holiday PS4 launch.

As already mentioned logic points to GT6 on the PS3. It's almost a sure thing. Another point about DLC. It cant fix or improve everything wrong with GT5. And even if it could as you mentioned financially it doesnt make sense to do it that way

This article mentions the possibility of a simultaneous GT6/GT Vita launch.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...to-playstation-vita-as-well-as-playstation-3/

To simplify things I am very confident we will see GT6 in 2013 on the PS3. I expect it to launch July-September if Sony decides to release the PS4 Holiday 2013. I expect GT6 to launch Holiday 2013 if Sony holds the PS4 back until 2014.

I am also quite confident GT6 or GT Vita will be at TGS.

7. jabofu

jabofu

Didnt PD said that they created the premium cars with such high quality, for using them in the next generation?
    I think they didnt just prepared the cars for the PS4, but also other content like tracks. The Nürburgring and Nordschleife are built with mad quality levels. Some are also as good as them, but only a very few. PD is Sony and if somebody is prepared for the PS4, PD is it. I dont see why the engine wouldnt work on the PS4. And if not, they already would be working on a new one. Sony wouldnt punish their own studios with a new hardware that would make their work useless.

A GT for Vita might happen, but I dont want a new GT for the PS3. I am full of seeing the jaggies and the poor antialiasing. Graphics are not everything, but I dont see PD implementing any killer features for the next game that would make me buy it on the ps3.

I understand the arguments of the earth, but a new hardware also needs a system seller.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  8. ch3ng

ch3ng

I talked about the premium cars and the car modelling. Physics are a different story.

Of course the can improve the engine, but i think they made the engine for the future, too.

The 400.000 car model are without doubt build for the future.

Of course. "Add" is the special word here. Creating a Engine for the future doesn't mean you can't improve things.

Look at Star Wars 1313. A true Next Gen game with UE3.

9. Gejabo

Gejabo Premium

Edit:

Never mind

Googled it :sly:

10. Samus

Samus

You need to stop posting things as if they're facts when they're not.

Also what makes you think they could deliver a PS4 game quicker than a PS3 game considering their track record.

11. evanzo7

evanzo7

Very good post by Earth and everything he said has logic behind it.
    PD are a very hard company to predict what they are going to do.

My wish would be for another GT to be released next year, hopefully I will have the GT5 platinum by then lol

12. calahan

calahan

rather than graphic i think the first thing they need to do is upgraded the car collision.
    this game collision is fell like 90s racing game .

13. BlisteredHand

BlisteredHand (Banned)

No GT5 is not maximum 720p native resolution. It's 1080p native, 1280x1080 native upscaled to 1920x1080.
    1080p native means it produces 1080 progressive vertical lines, GT5 does this without any up-scaling.
    I would think your display you use for PS3 makes it appear 720p and 1080p native are similar, on my TV it's a significant difference I was disappointed seeing the pixelation in Uncharted. Also when I set GT5 to run in 720p it looks poor.

14. Samus

Samus

Citation?

If you really think GT6 would be a PS4 launch title you're kidding yourself.

15. Zuku

Zuku

Look at it this way on a HDTV there is really no difference between 720p, 1080i, and 1080p for GT5

You say it looks poor and I'm tell you there is no difference I got mine in upscale 1080p, but it looked the same as 720p.

Judging by exactly what you're saying you play wayyyyy too close to the T.V which means your eyes will go blind sooner or later.

As for the whole thing about Uncharted get off the high horse man UC2 looks that much better than GT5.

16. amar212

amar212 Premium

I sincerely recommend you to buy a better TV than. Seriously.

Saying there is no difference for GT5 in 720p and 1080p is pure madness.

But if your TV can't show you the difference, than I blame the TV.

Good luck with buying, I wholeheartedly recommend you to try Panasonic FullHD plasmas :tup:

17. Zuku

Zuku

I'm not going to there may be a difference, but it's so small that I barely notice I got a Slim LED TV right now it's a recent purchase.

Plus I'm not the guy that cares about 720p vs. 1080p like that there are hardly any games that are native 1080p the only one I know of is Wipeout HD/Fury as I own that game and it blows GT5 clear off the map. Actually GT5 was never on the map to begin with concerning those two games.

18. NLxAROSA

NLxAROSA Premium

I tried it on my TV and the difference was glaringly obvious. At 720p, cars will look less jaggy because of the increased AA, but the backgrounds, trees, etc. will look horribly pixellated. It was a lot worse than the difference in AA, so I put it back right away.

19. Zuku

Zuku

I just went through all three settings 720p, 1080i, and 1080p

All on my T.V the differences I noticed was in the colors that's it though, but the best looking setting on the T.V was 1080i, but it showed up little white dots that 720p didn't.

As for 1080p it looked dull and lifeless, but to me it's still small differences.

As for the trees sometimes I'll notice them, but honestly no matter which setting I used between all three trees looked back regardless well not bad, but they looked pixelated at the top of the trees from a distance.

20. Samus

Samus

It all depends on viewing distance vs size. Here is a handy chart:

[​IMG]

21. BlisteredHand

BlisteredHand (Banned)

Zuku you need a new TV or you are too far away from the screen. You have been missing the quality of GT5 for over 2 years if you can't see the difference of quality between 720p and 1080p mode.
    As demonstrated in GT academy the normal distance between you and the screen for ideal play is quite close.

22. Zuku

Zuku

I've sat the same distance away from the T.V as I normally do I think it's only 4-8 feet away from the T.V depending on where I am.

Again I'm not buying a new T.V just for a blade of grass that I couldn't see with this T.V.

I have a 26' Westinghouse Slim LED TV Native Res is 1080i, but it can do 1080p again Wipeout HD blows anything GT5 got in any res out of the water and it's an HD remake not a brand new game.

Plus I'm only a college student so my funds are not the best right now. Anyway my sister got this T.V for a great price at only $200. For that it's done what I wanted it to do and more.

23. BlisteredHand

BlisteredHand (Banned)

I have a 42" and sit 140cm/55" away which is as close as I can get before the G27 pedals hit the TV stand. On a 26" TV you would be better off being about 2-3ft away rather than 4-8ft. You should go as close as you can really. That's probably why you can't see the difference, too far away.

24. Zuku

Zuku

Going as close as I can I don't want my eyes to burn out of my sockets.

Like I said the T.V I have is doing me great I don't need a bigger T.V to see a blade of grass better or a piece of s*it clearer.

25. amar212

amar212 Premium

Okay, this is getting hilarious :)

First you come here and present your personal opinion as an fact - regarding how there is no real difference in GT5 in 720p or 1080p. You say it is like that, period.

Than we tell you how in fact there is and how difference is pretty great. We also tell you how you should maybe reconsider a new TV because the set could be reason you can't see the difference.

Than you say how you have a new TV in fact, and how your extensive testing proved there is no difference.

Than we tell you again how maybe the size of the TV is problem, because difference is absolutely noticeable.

Than you say that you have 26" TV, that you're a student (respect, keep yourself educated :tup:) and how you do not want to have a new TV because this one suits you great.

Than we tell you how maybe distance is the problem, because your screen is fairly small for perceiving 1080p resolution for that distance (which quite frankly it is) and experiencing the real difference.

And than you conclude with above post.

Man, total respect :lol:

26. neema_t

neema_t Premium

I don't understand, why would that be "the worst thing they could do"?

Again, why?

I probably agree with this but you're having a laugh if you think GT6 will be any more ready to release next summer than GT5 was to release in October 2010, and PD can't afford to repeat that mess all over again. They know that, too. Sony probably regrets forcing their hand, too, so PD might be given all the time they want.

You're right, but that doesn't mean GT6 will be a PS3 game. One thing has nothing to do with the other, proven by the fact that GT5 wasn't a launch title for the PS3 even though it was supposed to be.

Thus further strengthening the theory that it'll be a PS4 game.

Which they're doing by supporting GT5, even as scantly as they are. When the GT Academy prize calendar was announced my first thought was that it's a ploy by PD to fake increased player figures; if they'd released all the prizes at once many people would simply log in, get their cars, test one or two and then stop playing GT5 again. Release them over a period of time and those same people might get one car, try it out for five minutes, stop playing GT5 until the next car, etc. Releasing GT Vita between GT5 and GT6 would buy them even more time, too. That's forgetting the fact that before GT5 came out, PD said they'd built the engine for better hardware so developing GT6/a GT for PS4 would be easier.

Can't argue on that one but if they release another GT with more than three quarters of the cars being standards and the rest premiums, I'm definitely not buying it. Not because I feel entitled to have 1000+ premium models, but because if it's not a significant improvement in that area (and AI) then I'm happy enough with GT5. I imagine a lot of people feel that way. Also the 'quickly released' window for an apologetic 'this is the game we wanted to make' release is long closed, it's been just shy of two years.

This is true across all genres. As the current hardware stagnates, PC gaming becomes more appealing to hardcore gamers of any genre; BF3 and Day Z are great examples. I'd argue that what GT had that PC sims don't is a proper career mode, no messing around with stuff that isn't the game and a huge selection of road cars. Fun is subjective, though.

Ehh, not sure about this one. You've got a point but PD aren't about to bow to the pressure of Forza to suddenly drop the quality and quantity of their games. Turn 10 has it easy because they don't have the reputation of their previous game to live up to, so 200 cars or so will be plenty for Forza players. Imagine if GT6 dropped 800 cars just so they could release it in time to coincide with Forza 5! Also, the PS3's hardware means there's more to live up to; 1080p, 50GB of data (compared to 8GB per DVD), so on and so forth.

I'm going out on a limb here, but you don't have any experience of producing a first-party AAA title in a Japanese studio. It's safe to say you have no idea how much work it takes, you may be right, you may be wrong, but you don't know and you can't state it as fact.

We won't hear anything about GT6 at TGS.

p.s. Holy wall of text! That's my word quota for the day.

27. Zuku

Zuku

Amar212

I'm just saying if it looks good it's okay by me I feel as though people like you are putting too much stock into the 720p vs. 1080p thing. To each his own y'all feel as though 1080p is where it's at I'm just saying for me it's 720p.

The original T.V I had come(small 14' CRT Sanyo) from to the HDTV I got now was much worse. This HDTV could be the crappy brand name T.V which I think for most people Westinghouse is, but if it can display things properly I don't see a point in going to spend $800 for a brand new T.V. When the only thing it will probably do better than my T.V does it show a blade of grass clearer. Until it breaks down of course which is what the other one did.

28. amar212

amar212 Premium

I know man, it was just funny flow of thoughts :tup:

Keep up the good work and study, your TV is great, do not feel pressure and enjoy both your GT gaming and your time on GTPlanet :cheers:

29. Earth

Earth

Most of GT's core fanbase is not interested in GT Vita, delaying GT6 by a year or more to release GT Vita would only spurn them more.

For the next entry into Gran Turismo I'm going to take a positive, non cynical look at it. I would surely hope 30 months is enough time to create a proper sequel to GT5, especially considering how the vast majority of GT5 can be copy pasted over to GT6.

Have you read Amar212's lengthy post on the 1st page yet? He outlines many reasons why it only makes sense to release GT6 on PS3.

Did they build the graphics engine for better hardware or did they model the quality of cars for better hardware? The cars may be next gen ready but PD still needs time to work with the new PS4 hardware. From the rumors the new PS4 hardware will not have a cell processor like PS3. So it will require different techniques to maximize the power of the new console.

Do you want GT6 to look like Forza 2? Thats what happens when a racing game is poorly optimized for a next gen console.

Maybe the apology came in the frequent updates? GT5 isn't nearly as broken as it was at launch thanks to all the updates.

With GT6 my personal realistic expectations are just over 400 premium cars, with around 700 standard cars. Thats about 40% premium and 60% standard. As long as the standard models are largely kept to the many variations of Miatas and Skylines, I'm fine with them being there.

Which relates to point #1. GT5's main problem was not content, but simple things like no GT Mode qualifying, too much grinding, and not enough A-Spec races.

Whats really funny is I can edit the AI of NASCAR 2003 racing season by changing numbers on a simple Microsoft word pad document. Really, how hard can it be to add practice and qualifying? Longer races? An event creator sounds a bit more difficult, but many racing games have had such things for years. Nobody is really asking PD to reinvent the wheel.

I'll answer this with your own quote

:lol:

30. Zuku

Zuku

Thanks I didn't mean any negativity towards you. That's just a topic that touches the nerves for me.