100 Laps of Complex String!

• Thread starter Vasco
  • 226 comments
Originally posted by BigJamesGTI
So do we do this is arcade mode ??

Im going to do this when I find out about the tyre wear - tyre wear is on I presume ? So pitting is involved as well ?

sum1 let me know and I'll do this

I fancy the R390 or the Elise ?

Either Arcade/Free run or in Run and settigs from yoour garage, as has been mentioned kepp it under 600HP, dont use a race car and the TCS/ASM is set to off

Enjoy 👍

I forgot all about the 100 lap's of complex string when I went to my dad's:(. I had so much time to do it because my step bro had his girlfriend down and I had the PS2 for my self all day almost everyday:banghead:.

Originally posted by Bollocks#999
Either Arcade/Free run or in Run and settigs from yoour garage, as has been mentioned kepp it under 600HP, dont use a race car and the TCS/ASM is set to off

Enjoy 👍

the proceedings are commencing tonight - I think I'll have to leave PS2 on for a while !!

NO WAY

Ive just had a bash in the RX7 Ruf and the TVR

5 laps in each of the Mazda and the RUF and I thought Id go with the TVR

15 laps later and a best lap of 4.21.696 and I am now turning it off !

It has pissed me off so much and my hand, eyes, neck, back are killing.
Its not like I dont sit here for hours on end playing GT3 its just the size of the task infront of me and the endless tarmac surface that is the Complex String.

I am now going to win the R390 Road car and I will probably do the 100 laps but not for a while - Im going tohave nightmares about the TVR and complex string

OH btw Bollocks#999 you are a legend for completing this mammoth task and I can only hope that soon enough I'll have achieved what you have (not with the friggin TVR though)

Now where can I win a 390 road car ?? !!

C'mon James, you can do it!

I took regular breaks to rest my thumbs and eyes. I also went to bed halfway through. Hope you get it done.

The R390-road is available in the Pro GT World Champs.

I know

I started the race to win the 390 road car but gave up !! Not very determined tonight

I will do it though once I have a full day and the 390

So there will be another mad-man with 100 laps of complex behind him !

an elise 190 ?? Damn it , where do you get 595 from ?

That would be a cheaty hybrid... :D

I had a brief Complex crack last night too. 5 laps in the Zonda C12-S (598hp) yielded only a 4'13... I think I'll join you in that R390 Road Car :D

and there I was all excited and ready to tune my little Elise up to a healthy BHP !!!

The new Lotus Elise 900 !!!

I'll get the 390 soon enough and get this done in a day - Its just that its evening time for me (and Famine - thats if you didnt already know Famine!!) and Im tired

Do you not have an Xport? You'd have an R390 in seconds...

no - I havent got one ! Sell the idea to me cos Im not sure of EXACTLY what it does - how much it costs - where to buy one etc ...

X-Port V2. PS2 to PC link via two USB-A to USB-B cables and an ickle box'o'tricks in the middle.

Allows you to upload the contents of - or individual files from - a memory card in Slot 1 to the PC (or internet even), so you can use the PC as a big-ass memory card (mine is 5,000 times the size of a memory card...). Or, you can download them from the PC (or internet... :D) back to the memory card...

But it from Play.com, now at a stupid £14.99

http://play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=PS2&title=110622

And once your GT3 garage files are ON your computer, you can have some fun with them... :D

http://www.famine-online.co.uk/gt3hybrid.html

http://www.davidanderson.org.uk/gtgenome.htm

:D

Well I need to get me one of them !!

I really need to look into my PC though its so slow and its not right at all

Whenever Im online if I minimise gtplanet and go to look in my control panel or my documents I get the error message saying iexplorer.exe has generated errors asd will be closed by windows
blah blah

and it really pi**es me off !

It has pissed me off so much and my hand, eyes, neck, back are killing.

I took breaks at the end of every 10 laps or so to ease the pain :D and every 3 laps to write down lap times

Im going to have nightmares about the TVR and complex string

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OH btw Bollocks#999 you are a legend for completing this mammoth task and I can only hope that soon enough I'll have achieved what you have (not with the friggin TVR though)

Im not the only one to do so, but I am the only one to do it in the Speed 6 ;)

Here that guys, Im a legend :lol:

You would need a life support machine after the first few hours of playing.

I would rather space out 8 hours into drift practice.

I must give you credit if you manage to complete 100 laps without your eyes falling out of there sockets. Goodluck and my the force be with you.

:D

When GT4 comes out you will be able to do this race with other people! I would do it if I had the time.

I was the first crazy person to do this race (seen as i came up with the idea) and i was basicly the 'test dummy'.

I did the whole thing in a very, very tail happy 595 hp Nissan 300ZX and i think i have the second slowest time out of all those who have completed this race. :D Best lap was a 4:19.xxx which is a lot slower that the RGT and TVR's best laps.

I also only took about four breaks during the seven hours or so and only one break lasted longer than three minutes (an hour for lunch). I'm not sure how, but i can sit down and do a full endurance race (like the 2 hours of Rome for instance) and can do that without pausing once. I have breaks while the car is driving into the pitstop usually.

And i'm not sure whether it is mentioned in the rules or not, but hybrided cars are not allowed. Gives you an unfair advantage sorry.

That it does, only 3 breaks in 7 hours :eek: my hat to ya man, nice job 👍 especially in the 300

When is the next event?

You guys that are quoting sub 4:10 lap time for cars under 600 HP must be really good ... or lying. I searched GT3Times database and it's pretty rare that anyone breaks 4:10 with 600 HP, and they're all using race cars.

Originally posted by Bollocks#999
Make time sonny :lol:

Good luck when you do do it 👍

I will :cheers:

I think Im good to go for it quite soon cos my shifts at work are changing to give me wednesday and thursday off so that should do it !

@ Loud Music - I was nowhere near the lap times quoted but than again Im not the best OLR !

You guys shouldn't worry about who was fastest and slowest, just that you did it. I'm going to do this soon. You can count on it.

I really want to do this race but I never have enough time at my dad's house and I'm also affraid to go to my dad's house because my step sister has head lice EEEW! and I dont wanna get head lice from her. I need to get a job and buy a PS2 and TV.

I just ran a few laps in 550hp or so R390 road car and times were looking like low 4'00's and would probably break the 4'00's by lap 100. I will run this in 4x25 lap sessions so all of my replays can be saved :) although i dont think anyone would be bothered to watch them.

I would like to see more races like this. :D

Ok, i will be starting my run now.

Car: R390 Road Car
HP: 544hp

Settings:
Spring Rate: 8.0kgf/mm - 13.0kgf/mm
Ride Height: 75mm - 75mm
Damper Bound: 10 - 10
Damper Rebound: 10 - 10
Camber: 1.9 - 1.0
Toe: 0 - 0
Stabiliser: 4 - 4
Brakes Balance: 18 - 15
LSD Initial: 0 - 5
LSD Acceleration: 0 - 20
LSD Decrease: 0 - 5
Final Gear: 3.400
Auto Level:18
DownForce: 0.74 - 1.08
ASM: 0
TCS: 2

Just did 12 laps but i wont be completeing the race. Not this weekend anyway.

4'03.158
4'05.331
4'13.167(SLOWEST LAP)
4'04.345
4'01.833
4'03.514
4'00.968
4'03.491
4'00.482
4'02.989
4'02.018
4'00.144 (FASEST LAP)

Theres my laps. Spun it on lap three on the part after the first turn.

Back