100000 Club

• Thread starter route_66
  • 725 comments
WOW, I can't believe there are still people doing this. It's great. I was the second member and I can't believe it has been over 5 years ago. Back when I thought GT5 would be out pretty soon! lol

Don't worry 50 will happen eventually, not everyone has GT5 yet. I want to get to 100000, but life will probably prevent me from getting there before 2010 is over.

WOW, I can't believe there are still people doing this. It's great. I was the second member and I can't believe it has been over 5 years ago. Back when I thought GT5 would be out pretty soon! lol

I was thinking the same. Not been here for ages, and it's good to see people still A specin. Shame there is none in GT5.

ANK
I was thinking the same. Not been here for ages, and it's good to see people still A specin. Shame there is none in GT5.

Amen to that!

I doubt there will be 50 member before 2011.

Now everyone will be playing GT5!!

Mine arrives Nov 30. Can't wait.

I'm not so sure. From what I see so far, GT5, other than the online aspect will be a relatively short lived experience.

I'm not so sure. From what I see so far, GT5, other than the online aspect will be a relatively short lived experience.

Yup, I myself have been playing GT5 and was none too pleased to find out there is no A-Spec hunt. So displeased I started a new game of GT4 just so I can have that challenge again. 👍

5th vote here, have to clean the bloody lens on the 8yo PS2 just to play again.
However, GT5 did inspire me to get back into it, largely due to you aspec mongrels

Throughly gutted that GT5 is really just a grind and not a hunt. Such a massive oversight by PD. Perhaps there will be something that can be 'created' by the GTP community that replaces it.

XPs should have been made relative to the users car and not just to the field. Really still searching for that 'something' that highlights the driver and not the car.

Throughly gutted that GT5 is really just a grind and not a hunt. Such a massive oversight by PD. Perhaps there will be something that can be 'created' by the GTP community that replaces it.

XPs should have been made relative to the users car and not just to the field. Really still searching for that 'something' that highlights the driver and not the car.

It's a superior game to GT4 in everything EXCEPT for exactly what FishforRent said.

So true.

After the GT4 experience, my disappointment in GT5 is practically unconsolable.

Kindly requesting admission to the honourable ranks of the 100 000 Club.
After several months since March this year when I began playing the game (with scheduled break between July and October) I finally did it!

This quest wasn't that obvious at the beginning, because I was used to playing GT as in the previous installments: just grab a fast car and win it. But after a (long) series of 10 A-spec points races I came to a conclusion that it doesn't look good. Then I thought, ok, let's do some 100 A-spec point races, just out of decency. I did that and noticed: I am doing it pretty easily with several seconds MoV. What if I put on some ballast or get on an inferior tyre? From then on, the hell of this hunt broke loose...

It wasn't easy, because I am mediocre and erroneus racer - to be able to win I need a margin over my opponents due to my ever so common offs and spins. I am using DS2 with d-pad, because I can't get a feel of the analog sticks (nor afford the wheel). Finally, I am always using automatic transmission, because when I am approaching the corner I'm fully focused on taking the right line and meeting the braking point - downshifting at the same time would probably overload my cpu.

Having said that I need to mention one important thing: I wouldn't be able to do this without this place. I spent countless hours browsing through this subforum searching for inspiration and priceless tips. Being this late with the game gave me the comfort of having this huge knowledge base moulded over the years at my disposal whenever I needed. So I can clearly say: YOU MADE ME DO IT!:bowdown:
Special thanks must go to Mr Dotini whose numerous setups and line-up fishing tips I used to great effect.:bowdown:

I am not going to lie to you - to get here I used every dirty trick in the book: I bumped, I wallrode, I shortcutted. I have used the RAM quite a few times, I basically cleared 3/4 of the spec. condition hall with it as well as PD Cup and few other events which I can't recall at the time. As a not-so-good racer I think I'm justified. I have also used the GSX/R, but I personally do not consider it a cheat car. It's just unbelievably good handling car: it turns, it breaks, it turns while breaking and it's not the last in the power department. I would still be driving it even if it would not yield so many points. It's my favourite car of the game really, just as FTO LM Edition was in GT1&2 and Pennzoil Nismo GT-R in GT3.

So, finally, here's my screen:
img1751m.jpg
GT4-gamestatus.jpg

I would really like to post a screen with round and shiny 100% completion, but I can't right now and you probably all know very well what I'm missing. sigh

All in all, the score is not final yet. Although all the easy points are taken, there's a couple of hundreds points to grab with moderate effort on my part. For example the classic races are far from squeezed (mind you, I still haven't bought my BLRA).
But it will have to wait. I seriously overplayed the game recently (three 24h races and FGT tournament in the period of one month is a little bit too much) and I need to make a break, long one. I'll be back with the final score in 2011 for sure (I won't be buying ps3 just yet).

Last edited:
Gentleman,
I am pleased to inform you that due to your help and fighting spirit I was motivated to enter the 100k quest. On 26/12/2010 the goal was reached.

I am new to GT and still learning the physics and 'real' driving techniques.
Beeing for many years a Need For Speed Fan and also 'The most Wanted Street Racer in Rockport', I had a really hard time relearning how to drive properly.
After two months of GT4 I began to ask myself about the meaning of A-Spec points.
I was really disappointed with my 10 A-Spec races and set a goal of reaching at least 100 points in every race.
After finding this forum and feeling that I was improving I entered the quest.
My greatest respect to all who showed the 'Eye of the Tiger'spirit and reached their goals.

Now I am afraid of finishing 100%. What comes next?
What would be the next 'real' challenge in GT5?

Yours faithfully,
George 'Rodes'

Attachments

• The100KScreen.pdf
    575.4 KB · Views: 159
Hi George, congrats with the result. :cheers:
If you're looking for another challenge then try to improve you Golds. GT5 is fun but to be honest I think that GT4 gives you much more fun for the money. There is no Aspec hunt in 5 :(
I'll be updating post triple 2 soon.

AMG.

Congratulations George!!!

The quest helps get a lot of enjoyment time out of this game. I just surpassed 107,xxx points last night, finishing a 6 hour endurance race at Suzuka. I have the 3 24 hour enduros left, plus about 12 of the 15 F1 races. Then of course there are cars I have to wear out to get max, and a 4 hour Miata nightmare that eludes me for max points still. I cannot believe there is so much more to accomplish in the game even though I have been playing it for so long. Who needs a PS3??

Many congrats tmtk and george!!!!!

The A-spec hunt is the single most wonderfull experience that I have had in gaming to date. I finished my prowl at 106k+ with probably only 3k more to accomplish, but now GT5 takes all my game-time. So far for me, GT5 is second to GT4 from that perspective.

Again, Way to go!

Last edited:
Gentleman,
I am pleased to inform you that due to your help and fighting spirit I was motivated to enter the 100k quest. On 26/12/2010 the goal was reached.

I am new to GT and still learning the physics and 'real' driving techniques.
Beeing for many years a Need For Speed Fan and also 'The most Wanted Street Racer in Rockport', I had a really hard time relearning how to drive properly.
After two months of GT4 I began to ask myself about the meaning of A-Spec points.
I was really disappointed with my 10 A-Spec races and set a goal of reaching at least 100 points in every race.
After finding this forum and feeling that I was improving I entered the quest.
My greatest respect to all who showed the 'Eye of the Tiger'spirit and reached their goals.

Now I am afraid of finishing 100%. What comes next?
What would be the next 'real' challenge in GT5?

Yours faithfully,
George 'Rodes'

Fellow Racers,
I have continued the Quest and reached a nice round number.
Happy Racing
George Rodes

Attachments

• The100kScreenUpdated.pdf
    377.3 KB · Views: 170
As promised in post #703 here I am with my (*probably*) final score in GT4. The increase in my A-spec point counter is not very big, but for me every single point above 105k is golden and very hard fought as I was left with the hardest races (for myself), like the classics.

On my first try I just couldn't pass the 100 A-spec point barrier in the classic races, now I finally bought my BLRA, set it up to race (thanks Dotini!) and I upgraded every possible race to the region of 150-200 points (it seemed impossible before).

In this run I just tried to improve points, not max them out, but there still were quite a handful of races that I did for 200 A-spec points (mainly one-makes).

Here's my screen:
IMG_1766--.JPG

As you can see I also improved my completion percentage (and added those priceless 250 A-spec points).
That is my special achievement this year, because the dreaded Mission #34 was a major pita as I've got this thing to complete my GT games (and I always did, up to the GT4). I'm on the NTSC version of the game so it was extra tough.
After I failed at it freshly off my 24 hour endurance at Nurburgring, I knew I had to approach it differently.
First, on one of my alternate saves I bought the damn car (I will never buy it proper - I don't like it and I don't need it) and went for the Nurburgring 4hour endurance equipped with N3 tyres.
That allowed me to learn how to lap this track in this car slowly, with careful lines and early breaks. I entered this race on and off whenever I get some time (never really finished it). The opponents weren't a threat, just some moving obstacles, but it's ok - it gave some idea of how to pass. I spent like 7-8 hours in total practicing like that. My record time on N3 tyres was 7:12 (I could easily lap around 7:14).

Then I equipped S1 tyres and made 1,5 hour practice with them. Record time clocked about 7:04. After that I decided to finally try the Mission itself.

The car in the mission is not 100% stock, it must have some settings altered because the stock SLR do not behave this way on the kerbs and grass, also the jumps are much higher and crazy. It likes to spin way too much than the purchased one.
On my second or third try I managed to be 2nd with 4 seconds deficit and it was great because before I never get beyond +15secs on the line.
My final try (maybe 10th?) wasn't great at first, I messed a few corners in the first half but never spinned and stayed off the penalties, the second half was much better, maybe because my splits weren't ideal and I expected to just practice the final sector. The split on the beginning of the long straight was +14.3.
The passing of the second placed car was great and crazy, very high speed on top of the hill (just after the last split) with two wheels on the grass. I think I gained a lot on the approach to the final esses.
I saw the gullwing making the final corner and thought to myself: cool, this will be the first time I'll see him passing the line. Last corner wasn't perfect, but just nice enough to hammer down those hp's in the sprint to the line.

I won by some 0.3 secs.

And I thought Complex String time trial in GT3 was hard. Phew!

So, that's it. Maybe I'll get back to the game in the future (there's some space to improve my golds in the licences, maybe some small points hunt), but a long time must pass as I am putting this game to sleep now. It was great, sorry to hear that GT5 lacks this replayability factor...

Last edited:
(thanks Dotini!)

Kind remarks like this mean the world to me, and make my own efforts mean something, as they helped others beyond myself.

Highest regards and blessings for all your endeavours,
Steve

A setup for a allround fast car is not really necessary for me, but for a car capable of 200 point race is a huge help.
I browsed numerous times through your setups at gtvault and many of them were my way of getting those 200 pointers sorted. Frankly, without them I would not be in the 100k club today.
Some setups I tried are radical and aggressive and most of the times I couldn't use them. Your setups are friendly, you can make a tough car easier to drive and it just suits me.

So thank you, Dotini! Your input made the average racer like me step up higher than expected.

Ok I'm done; After Re-doing some special conditions races I crossed the 100000 point marker (Chamonix Reverse Easy to be precise) and then finished off the rest of the Extreme hall to give my (for now) final points tally of 102102.

My first 200 point post was back in 2010, so this has taken quite a while to complete. I knew when I started this style of play meant it would take a while to finish the whole game, so I was in no rush and only played when I felt like it. There would have been some whole months or more without any GT4 activity, and at other times I've probably knocked out 2/3 championships in a week.
For each race I generally tinker with the car/lineup till I can do the race for maximum points, once I've done it cleanly I record the replay (yes I should have replays of all the races I've posted). I also write down the parts, setup & lineup info, then console reset and re-do the race hopefully first time to keep my win % respectable. (It would probably be around 10% if all the pre-reset race enter/exiting, and loses were included.

My personal race rules just to reiterate:
-No Nitrous Used
-No Qualifying Used
-No B-spec Used
-100% OLR Clean Races (special rules for endurance races)
-No AI Contact (special rules for endurance races)
-No excessive or deliberate AI blocking
-No use of the Dodge Ram
-Road cars against road cars & race cars against race cars as much as possible.

The information on this forum has been invaluable, helping me find useful line ups & the best car for certain series, has often saved a bunch of time.
I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to the 200 point subforum, there are a lot of posts in here I've looked at more than once. Even though its not as active as it once was, having the forum to skim over has at times helped motivate me to finish this.
Lajb8Z.jpg

jMV2SW.jpg

Back