11/12 Fantasy Football League! (Read First Post!)

Arsene Wenger sums up my decisions to swap out Kevin Davies, play Mikel Arteta, make Aguero my captain and leave my Liverpool defender on the bench this week...

Ars-ne-Wenger-007.jpg

I see we only get one free trade a week this year :ouch:.

Plus I left Jarvis on the bent last week :mad:

...and leave my Liverpool defender on the bench this week...

Could be worse you could've left 2 Liverpool defender on your bench. :ouch:
And then subbed in 2 Everton defenders who were bound to beat QPR who were drubbed by Bolton, right? :ouch:
Oh, well. I figure it worked in my favour in the end, Liverpool won, and if I'd left my players on the field they probably wouldn't have! The price of Never Walking Alone, I'd rather Liverpool have a good season than my Fantasy Team (although both would be nice!) :lol:

I'm also worried that so far my team has taken 2 penalties, and missed 2 penalties! :mad:

I see we only get one free trade a week this year :ouch:.

You only got 1 change a year in this league format last year too. You can save a free trade from 1 week and make 2 free trades the following week, however, you can only accumulate a maximum of 2 free trades at once. You do get 2 wildcards to use in the season, one for use anytime, and one for use during a period sometime in March / April (I think? :dopey:) You'll also get unlimited free transfers in January transfer window.
You can make more than 1 trade per week if you want, but it'll cost you 4 points per player. 👎

Plus I left Jarvis on the bent last week :mad:

Really? Isn't that sort of thing against the AUP?!!! :P
Wonder what Darren thought about that?

I think that's a pretty good team Seismica, except you should remove Keane as he's been sold to LA Galaxy.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_7103501,00.html

:facepalm: Wondered why he was so cheap :lol: I should keep my eye on the transfer market.

It turns out my decision to swap Adam out for Maxi Rodriguez was silly. Whilst Rooney did net a lot of points (He was payed for which the afformentioned downgrade), my second choice for a striker was actually Bent (As Van Persie was too expensive) which just made me die a little inside.

Picking the wrong captain and having one of my highest scoring players on the bench didn't help either.

EDIT: Took the plunge and used my wildcard. Going for 3-5-2, with Nani, A.Young, Adam, Milner and Van der Vaart in midfield. This is at the expense of Rooney, with Agbonlahor in and Ashley Cole out for Evans J (As Man U are having injury troubles in defence right now).

Really not up to speed with who is first team and who is under threat from leaving, I seem to have lost a lot of points because of this. Nani really needs to return to form, him and Carroll carried my team last year. Want to bring Carroll in but Suarez has adjusted to the team much better, and he's cheaper too.

Last edited:
:facepalm: Wondered why he was so cheap :lol: I should keep my eye on the transfer market.

It turns out my decision to swap Adam out for Maxi Rodriguez was silly. Whilst Rooney did net a lot of points (He was payed for which the afformentioned downgrade), my second choice for a striker was actually Bent (As Van Persie was too expensive) which just made me die a little inside.

Picking the wrong captain and having one of my highest scoring players on the bench didn't help either.

EDIT: Took the plunge and used my wildcard. Going for 3-5-2, with Nani, A.Young, Adam, Milner and Van der Vaart in midfield. This is at the expense of Rooney, with Agbonlahor in and Ashley Cole out for Evans J (As Man U are having injury troubles in defence right now).

Really not up to speed with who is first team and who is under threat from leaving, I seem to have lost a lot of points because of this. Nani really needs to return to form, him and Carroll carried my team last year. Want to bring Carroll in but Suarez has adjusted to the team much better, and he's cheaper too.

Blimey, that's ballsy. Wildcards are usually best saved for later in the season when fixture congestion leads to 4 or 5 teams playing twice in a week and thus you get the chance to score double points for many players. Although getting rid of excess baggage, especially Keane, early on is a good call. Sadly Agbonlahor is hamstrung at the moment after an initial impressive 45 mins at the weekend, otherwise I was looking at him as an effective replacement for the non-playing / oft-subbed Ba of Newcastle. Although 2 games is hardly a Premier-League benchmark!!!! ;)
Beauty of this game is you get to call your squad week-by-week, especially given their upcoming fixtures. I too died a little, after getting out of bed at 4:45am on a Saturday morning to watch Arsenal vs. Liverpool, to discover my double-pointing captain languishing on the bench! :scared: Looking at a double "1" point score of 2 for coming on the last 20 mins, thankfully he did me proud an racked up an impressive 7 points, doubled to 14! :D
Thankfully Liverpool get the late Saturday game this week, which means a lie in until 9:30am! But it's against our bogey team of Bolton. :indiff: Leave the tired Suarez in as captain despite being played in a Carling Cup match last night, and if he doesn't play, hope my vice-captain nets a hat-trick, or leave him in, and risk the ignominy of him only grabbing 2 points as a last-minute, time-wasting substitute and make a guaranteed starter my captain instead? Decisions, decisions...
Who'd be a footy manager? I should be paid millions for this agonisation too. :grumpy:

Last edited:
I have used my first wildcard too, I decided I hated my team. :) It's ok though I do this every year it seems. If Barton goes to QPR though I'm taking him out of my starting eleven at the very least. I'm never happy with my team, I find fault in things/people, etc far easier than I find the positives, it's just the way I am.:lol:

Suarez as captain... ugh, only 2*2 points :( When Adam scored 10. I bet Nani gets about 20, he's been my captain for the previous weeks, only this week did I decide to change.

I remember having Berbatov as capain last season when he got 25 points in one gameweek :D Giving me a total of 50, pushing my total to around 120. I was very pleased, but 9 times out of 10 I get the captain choice wrong.

It's a good job I have Young as my Captain otherwise it would have been another poor week for me.:)

61 points for me this week.

Just transferred Rooney in for Bent and switched my team to 3-4-3.

Been sorely tempted to use my wildcard, as a friend in another league has played his this week, and we're about level. My team is OK, but I'm lagging behind badly in this league (not helped by getting stiffed out of a decent haul in week one :( ) but mustn't grumble... I am instead going to persevere with my current squad and try using free transfers, rather than gambling that the current crop of top scoring players are going to keep scoring big... I think the extra wildcard will come in handy later in the year - although getting to the top of the league early is a big bonus in itself, since chasing players can't sign the same players as you 💡

Does anybody know how you can view the Dream Team for a particular gameweek, and also the most valuable teams? The old layout was so user friendly and there were lots of interesting statistics you could view. But right now you can't really do much apart from look at individual teams.

The transfer market lets you know who scored the most in a gameweek, but it's a bit of hassle and not very user friendly, and it doesn't show it on the pitch either. The formation of the dream team would usually trend towards one particular type (e.g. 3-4-3) and this would influence where I want to put most of my transfer money. There is a Dream Team link in the drop down box in the transfer market, but it doesn't seem to do anything :confused: Or is that just my slow internet connection combined with my impatience for it to load? All the other fields load instantly.

Ooh, 72 points in the last week, not bad. That's helped me climb the table a bit, had to make some much needed changes during the internationals which paid off this week.

I'm still lying mid table and I'm still not happy with my team. I have some ideas on what to do with it but it's going to take a few weeks to get it where I want.:indiff:

I've spent the last two seasons leading fantasy football in the first half of the season only to lose out at the end of the season, maybe this year it'll work the other way round.:sly:

Last edited:
If it wasn't for Rooney's hat trick, this week would have almost been a complete disaster for the Spacegoats FC.

Last edited:
Well that was absolute bobbins all round for my team. :yuck:
My captain talked himself into a booking, missed a sitter and thus scored 2 points. None of my defence score more than 2 points, my midfield were woeful bar Walters' penalty, Dzeko was an 8.7 million pound transfer in only to be a benchwarmer and my other striker was so ashamed of the rest of "Birdhouse In ur Goal"'s performance that he's gone to U.A.E. :ill:

My teams had a shocker, I've had to use my wildcard already, something I've never had to do before :(

Dzeko. :ouch:
Still an 8.7 million pound benchwarmer, losing value by the game and I was gutted he was actually used as a 2 minute time-wasting substitute this weekend, instead of allowing me to substitute in Taarabt who'd have got me a whole extra point! All in all he's also been a massive disappointment and entirely failed to replicate any kind of form that helped to win QPR the championship last season and has lost value too.
And for that reason, Adel Taarabt, you are the weakest link, welcome to the Fantasy Premier League transfer market! :D

I'm in the lead by 1 point. 62 points last week, could have been a lot more had i decided to put Andy Johnson in at the last minute but put in Boswinga in defence instead!

And we are back after the international break.

Liverpool v Man Utd. I can't wait!

It looks like Aguero and Adebayor are injured this week so hurry and do your transfers.

And the fightback begins... Currently 17th, but highest scorer in the league last week and highest so far this week, with Van Der Vaart, Adebayor and Sturridge still to play. Wish i'd put Brown on the team, instead he's at the bottom of my bench, so his points for the goal he score shall go to waste, unless VdV, Adebayor and Sturridge all don't play (i.e. if the match gets postponed or something, which is unlikely). Hopefully Adebayor and VdV will be fit, i'm expecting a goal rich match and I need one to stay ahead.

Woo! Finally back in the top half! After a good start, I'd really lagged behind, and I was last for a few weeks before I finally broke down and played my wildcard. Ever since, I've gained at least one spot a week, and I'm solidly in the top half now sitting in 7th.
Considering this is my first real season of fantasy football, I'm reasonably happy with that!

Back