11/12 Fantasy Football League! (Read First Post!)

Gained 4 positions this week due to my 90 points haul. I doubt i'll do as good in the next game but I feel I have a solid enough team to keep climbing in the league :)

I had an awful start to this season :(

My teams had a shocker, I've had to use my wildcard already, something I've never had to do before :(

I've just used mine also. We get to use two, but the second can only be used during match day 20 and 23. I hope I didn't use mine too late. My goal is to try and finish top 5 in the league as this is my second season doing EPL as I follow La Liga regularly

My team is doing quite well at the moment after falling to 17th a few weeks ago, The Spacegoats FC are sitting in 12th postion after a nice points haul of 55 this week, I'm now a step closer to reaching my goal of hopefully finishing in the top ten by the end of the season.

Despite the nice score of 66 points this week, I'm still sitting in 12th postion. It has got really tight in the middle of the table, I'm only 4 points ahead of 13th and 9 points behind Smallhorses in 10th. Hopefully I can get another nice points haul next week that will finally see me break into the top 10.

Last edited:
I'm on my way down! Gave up on Aguero, he was scoring for fun until I bought him to replace Suarez but had done bugger all since, so I transferred him out, bought Suarez back in, and replace Larson with Dempsey who's also scoring for fun recently.
Cue Man City 3 v 0 Fulham, no goals for Dempsey, goal and an assist for Aguero! :ouch:

Beware Arsenal fans, Van Persie is on my shopping list! I need them to stop scoring so Liverpool can overtake them! Muwahahahahah! :mischievous:

I just want to say a big thanks to Robin Van Persie who scored 40 of my 60 points so far. :lol:

It has certainly boosted my total. I feel sorry for those that haven't got him this week.

Indeed, they have missed out on a huge score this week.

Just checked the updated standings and I've climbed to 10th :D. Hopefully I can get some nice points out of the remaining games and stay there.

Last edited:
Van Persie has almost single-handedly turned my team around... I'm now 3rd in our league after being 19th in October :D I've also taken the lead in my friend's league for the first time :cool:

Just found out about this place, and added myself to the league :). My team's name is devilsunited03 (no I'm not a Man U fan :lol:)

I've totally forgot about this for the past few weeks :lol:, hasn't really affected my league standing that much. Was 10th, now 14th.

I'm doing my customary bad spell. My only transfer that has come off recently was Papiss Cisse, the rest of them have been garbage.

Referee!

46245062.jpg

It seems that mohitraina91's team has been added to the league.

Nothing personal against mohitraina91, but I don't think that this is fair at all.

It was one thing to let danze1984 join very late (GW 22/23?) and go straight to the top of the table, but letting a new team storm into the lead on GW 34 is really pushing it.

To be honest, I'm not really sure how I didn't notice danze1984 (Deportivo Immigrante) slipping into the league at the end of Jan/start of Feb, but looking at the Gameweek history, he must have joined around then, and he would have gone straight in at the top. Personally, I don't think this is very fair. Perhaps it's a bit late now to raise an objection to danze1984's team being allowed in, but there's no way that I'll accept a new entry coming in at this stage with a 50 point advantage over teams that have been in the league from the beginning.

Last edited:
Referee!

Nothing personal against mohitraina91, but I don't think that this is fair at all.

It was one thing to let danze1984 join very late (GW 22/23?) and go straight to the top of the table, but letting a new team storm into the lead on GW 34 is really pushing it.

To be honest, I'm not really sure how I didn't notice danze1984 (Deportivo Immigrante) slipping into the league at the end of Jan/start of Feb, but looking at the Gameweek history, he must have joined around then, and he would have gone straight in at the top. Personally, I don't think this is very fair. Perhaps it's a bit late now to raise an objection to danze1984's team being allowed in, but there's no way that I'll accept a new entry coming in at this stage with a 40 point advantage over teams that have been in the league from the beginning.

I agree and I didn't even notice the other late entry but really no one should be allowed in after the first few weeks of the season, nevermind after the half way point or as late as last week, it's not exactly fair to everybody else.

Well I should've done that about 8 weeks ago... Just used my wildcard thingy cause I forgot about the fantasy team for ages. In comes Van Persie, Modric, Howard, Silva. Out goes Rooney, Nani, the injured Reina.

Referee!

46245062.jpg

I agree and I didn't even notice the other late entry but really no one should be allowed in after the first few weeks of the season, nevermind after the half way point or as late as last week, it's not exactly fair to everybody else.

I noticed something iffy, about that time, I had a good work with more points than everyone round me, but I still slipped a place, an addition to the league was the answer.

As for the latest addition, that shouldn't be allowed. We need to make sure for the next one, that no one can be added after 6 weeks or something.

It is up to Nick/Smallhorses to decide since it's his league, but I think it would only be fair to disqualify mohitraina91 (devilsunited03) on the basis that allowing new people to join in (and immediately assume the lead) at such a late stage in the season ruins the league for everyone else.

It's unfortunate that no-one noticed that the same thing also happened about 10 gameweeks ago with Danze1984's team (Deportivo Immigrante), which went straight in at the top of the league and has stayed in top spot since then (despite being heavily outscored by a few others since his team joined our league).

With regard to Danze1984, there's three options as far as I can see: 1) create a second league scored from after Danze1984's entry (e.g. GW 23/24 onward); 2) accept Danze1984's entry and take no action; or 3) disqualify his team. I guess we'll all have our own opinions on that, but I'll wait to see what Nick says first before I say anything else. With regard to mohitraina91, though, I personally would not be happy if he was allowed to stay in our league - no offense to the guy, but I'm sure he'd not be happy if someone was parachuted into the league infront of him next week either...

Last edited:
It is up to Nick/Smallhorses to decide since it's his league, but I think it would only be fair to disqualify mohitraina91 (devilsunited03) on the basis that allowing new people to join in (and immediately assume the lead) at such a late stage in the season ruins the league for everyone else.

It's unfortunate that no-one noticed that the same thing also happened about 10 gameweeks ago with Danze1984's team (Deportivo Immigrante), which went straight in at the top of the league and has stayed in top spot since then (despite being heavily outscored by a few others since his team joined our league).

With regard to Danze1984, there's three options as far as I can see: 1) create a second league scored from after Danze1984's entry (e.g. GW 23/24 onward); 2) accept Danze1984's entry and take no action; or 3) disqualify his team. I guess we'll all have our own opinions on that, but I'll wait to see what Nick says first before I say anything else. With regard to mohitraina91, though, I personally would not be happy if he was allowed to stay in our league - no offense to the guy, but I'm sure he'd not be happy if someone was parachuted into the league infront of him next week either...

I completely understand, actually would have been surprised if this hadn't come up. I entered the private code for the league, joined, saw where I would stand and immediately thought "uh-oh" (not that I mind with my current score :sly:).

I don't think the issue of fair/unfair can crop up here, but yeah definitely kills the fun/point of the league.

At least I know there's a GTPlanet league and I can see you all there next year :)

👍👍

I appreciate the understanding - and you can count on there being another league next year. Judging by your performance this year, it looks like you'd be in with a good chance :lol:

Unfortunate to hear the issue about people joining late, but I honestly don't see the problem myself; if they're on GTPlanet and simply didn't know about the league until recently then they should be allowed to join (Providing their GTP join date preceded the season start). I can understand for those in contention for the win there would be frustration, but because there is no prize like there is for example with the Fantasy F1 league, I don't think anything can be done.

I'm slowly rising in the league, 7th place currently, and I started the season pretty much dead last :) I think the top 3 are out of reach for the rest of us though, 4th is the best I can hope for, and the best of the rest.

Well, there's another problem then, since Danze1984 joined GTP the same day he joined our league.

4th is the best I can hope for

... assuming no-one else joins infront of you, that is ;)

Last edited:
Well, there's another problem then, since Danze1984 joined GTP the same day he joined our league.

Well then I suppose it's up to Smallhorses to decide then :) But in my opinion those who joined GTP after the season start date should be disqualified (Or joined after a particular milestone such as Christmas).

... assuming no-one else joins infront of you, that is ;)

Indeed :lol:

Last edited:
After peaking at 10th (briefly) a little over two months ago, my team has now dropped to 18th. :ouch: Only myself to blame for having completely forgotten about this for the past few weeks.:indiff: Hopefully, I can gain a few spots back before the season ends.

Back