120 Minutes of Thunder

• Thread starter left888
  • 190 comments
You'll find Sandbaggers in every opportunity possible and iRacing is no exception.

That sucks Jav.
Man I'm still mad about it!

Oh and thanks to Neil Hind who got me an awesome Autobacs paint job just a day before the race!

dp5u.jpg

If anyone else wants it, it should be in his free paints thread soon. Thanks Neil!
That thing looks awesome!!

Yeah I can see how changing the points system would help eliminate the sandbagging.

No need! Lower splits always get less points! The problem would be on the special events, wich isn't really a problem anyways...

Last edited:
We had a pretty good race in Split 10. Of course we had a couple lap 1 incidents, but they were minimal and only sent a couple people in for repairs.

It happens with every race in iRacing, people shouldn't have expected this to be any different. Most people aren't used to such big races, nerves get to you, and you make mistakes. I think most people were trying to be respectful, but we all make mistakes.

I think having the Caddies in front contributed to alot of the carnage....

but I don't know what for sure... all I saw was idiots going 4 wide into turn 1 ... and crashes/pile-ups at every major turn of the track on lap 1!! ... I swerved patiently through what must have been at-least 3 or 4 pile-ups and was even warning survivors to stay left or right thru the debris .... only to get completely boxed in on the last turn on lap 1... with a caddie sliding sideways infront of me.

I mean there was nothing I could do but come to a complete stop outside the pit-lane bunched up in a pile of 4 cars... the road was completely blocked, lol

I was in 9th split of 17 races.... finished 7th but man what a boring racing being either up or down a lap on everyone else.

3rd in class on my split. 👍

The usual and predictable first-corner-carnage followed by a massive pile-up heading into the boot section on lap 1.

I think at the end there were only like 6 caddy's running! The DP drivers were pretty good in the race but I think it was a big mistake starting the Caddy in front.

Overall, very enjoyable :) Not even the software for my motion set up quitting on me spoiled it (that crapped about about halfway through leaving my seat tilted slightly to the right!). When's the next one? :lol:

It seemed really weird to put the Caddy's upfront which I think caused them to think we got to get going to get out of the way. Overall once the race really got spread out, we actually had a good time even if we did make some mistakes. It just was first few laps we had alot of guys who could win taken out.

The mistake on the gridding was just that, a mistake. It wasn't supposed to be that way. Whoever was in charge of setting up the event on the iRacing side got them switched around by mistake.

3rd in class on my split. 👍

When's the next one? :lol:

That's excellent Simon. 👍

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I was in like the last split (C - A) and we had absolutely no problems on the 1st turn. In fact it wasn't until lap 2 that the DP's started to pass us Caddy's. I was bumped by a DP going into turn 9, he hardly hit me but it was a 12 minute fix. For the most part the race was clean, I messed up 3 times in the race and it cost me dearly. There were 2 DP's that were causing a lot of problems, dive bombing mostly and cutting off Caddies.

One of them quit after a few laps and there weren't to many of us Caddies that finished. I have a lot of work to do to get anywhere close to you guys. It has been hard on me to go the distance and I am really hurting ATM. :) The thing that hurt me the most was me, I worry to much about who's behind me and trying to stay out of the way, which led to many incidents. All in all it was great experience and I'm looking forward to the next one.

^ Yeah at times i was being very giving and letting DP's have the inside corner, but then they wouldnt take it, slowing me down in the process. I know you're supposed to hold your line, but some DP's force the issue and some dont, so its hard to tell what they're going to do. Overall the DP's were very clean, but one of them smashed me hard when i was holding my line, so oh well.

Latest Posts

Back