1886 Motor Carriage around the 'ring! (in about 2 days)

• Thread starter James2097
  • 622 comments
James2097, you're what we Irish call a ledge (short for legend). Unfortunately, I don't have the patience nor the time to lap the 'Ring in something older than Monty Burns :lol:. Mucho respecto amigo! (I can speak some Spanish). 👍

Having "borrowed" the MB Patent Motor Wagen out from under the watchful eye of a sleeping guard at the Museum, I took the Wagen down to the Beginner's Course, carefully hidden in my racing hauler, during the dead of night, following a circuitous route to prevent detection.

Risking life and limb, I removed my racing helmet for my "speed" runs on the Beginner Course.

Removing my helmet gave me a nice weight advantage, so in the Arcade Mode I have run a 2.33.621 in the Wagen.

My speeds thru the turns increased markedly since my Wagen's center of gravity was significantly lowered without all that extra helmet weight positioned so high.

I doubt that I can continue to race in these excellent chariots since the excitement has become too much for me...(plus my son's excessive laughter when he saw what I was driving is embarrassing).

One final thought, did the "Carriage Masters" do an oil change to replace all the lost horsepower after their "speed" runs at the Nurburgring in GT Mode?

Respectfully,
GTsail290

Last edited:
why hello again
If your wondering why I havent kept up to your "i'll keep you posted" reasieme it's because someone stood on my 🤬 gt4 disk when I was changing discs :grumpy:. Only just got a new one the other day and have had so much school work to do that I havent been able to play it. :banghead:
Now that the schoolwork's over i'll have an other shot ;)
the first time I tried I couldent even get up the first hill...even with the sling shot effect thing. :lol: cheers
:cheers:

Wow, this thread brings back some old memories.

Makes me want to run out and buy GT5. I wonder if it has some of the old Benz cars? This could be fun to get going again...

Later PS2 models are indestructible. I used to leave mine on for 24 hour stints to finish Enduros. Would sometimes leave it on when I had to go to work and come back and finish A-Speccing. All you need to do is stand it on end and keep it in a well-ventilated place.

47 hours? Wouldn't your ps2 overheat?

Also, if you read the thread most of the runs ended up like 2-5 hours. Only the very first run that started the thread was ~47 hours because James let the thing run unattended for hours at a time.

I did it in slightly more than 7 minutes.
(since someone keeps grave-digging this thread every now and then, I thought I'd make a mockery of it) :)

(btw it helps having a V-12)

Last edited:
Later PS2 models are indestructible. I used to leave mine on for 24 hour stints to finish Enduros. Would sometimes leave it on when I had to go to work and come back and finish A-Speccing. All you need to do is stand it on end and keep it in a well-ventilated place.

I have done several 24-hour enduros on the original fat PS2, and not one single problem either :)

My god that is some commitment! Also, you can drop the clutch and coast forward direction if you hit the E-brake. That might bring down the time.

Back