1978 Trans Am visual problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter berettagt88
  • 14 comments
  • 1,400 views
Messages
795
United States
ohio
Messages
beretta-gt88
I removed racing exhaust after to get my pp down to 500 pp and the stock exhaust pipes did not return it's still racing in front of rear tire on the driver side, has anyone else notice if other cars do this?
 
Yes, mine did that and now I'm stuck with the awful sound of the racing exhaust, I think you have to buy a new one now.
 
Yes, mine did that and now I'm stuck with the awful sound of the racing exhaust, I think you have to buy a new one now.
I just bought a new T.A. this time a Black Special Edition :drool: my other T.A. is my first car, it's Martinique Blue Hood Bird 267.5 miles :sly: I won't change the exhaust this time :dopey:
 
Last edited:
I just bought a new T.A. this time a Black Special Edition :drool: my other is my first car it's Blue with a blue bird :sly: I won't change the exhaust this time :dopey:
Mine was my first car too, I still have to buy another bandit edition.
 
I've been able to change from stock to sports to semi racing to racing and back to semi racing without problems.
 
I saw the same problem. I haven't tried it, but I'll bet the problem will go away if you "update image" in the garage.
 
I removed racing exhaust after to get my pp down to 500 pp and the stock exhaust pipes did not return it's still racing in front of rear tire on the driver side, has anyone else notice if other cars do this?

I noticed in the car selection screen there is an option to restore appearance?Might this restore the car to how it should look? Never noticed this in a Gran Turismo title before.
 
I saw the same problem. I haven't tried it, but I'll bet the problem will go away if you "update image" in the garage.
I tried that, its still there and also the sound stays the same as the racing exaust too, which is terrible by the way.
 
Yeah, the racing exhaust sound is horrid. I only have the 'bandit' edition and have been using it everywhere I can
 
I tried that, its still there and also the sound stays the same as the racing exaust too, which is terrible by the way.
restoring image in the garage does nothing if only there was a option to restore the car to stock again.If I notice any other cars with this problem I'll post it.
 
Last edited:
I just made a post about this, I cant seem to get the stock ehaust tips back on any car Ive changed the exhaust on. Its pretty annoying. I changed to a sports exhaust on my 246 Dino and hated the look. Changed back to standard to get the dual tips back and it still has the ugly sport tips.

Thanks for the heads up, wont be changing the exhaust on my 78 TA anytime soon because of this. Love the 78 TA in the game btw, probably my favorite so far.
 
I just made a post about this, I cant seem to get the stock ehaust tips back on any car Ive changed the exhaust on. Its pretty annoying. I changed to a sports exhaust on my 246 Dino and hated the look. Changed back to standard to get the dual tips back and it still has the ugly sport tips.

Thanks for the heads up, wont be changing the exhaust on my 78 TA anytime soon because of this. Love the 78 TA in the game btw, probably my favorite so far.
I love it too. Had a '77 in Germany for 6 years. With different tires and final gears, it would do over 160 MPH on the autobahn.

I'll just have to buy another.

I'd say don't worry about the exhaust. Just buy another since the car is fantastic in many races. just remember, peak HP is at 4000 RPM stock, and I forget... maybe as high as 4600 with power options.

Shift accordingly.
 
I just made a post about this, I cant seem to get the stock ehaust tips back on any car Ive changed the exhaust on. Its pretty annoying. I changed to a sports exhaust on my 246 Dino and hated the look. Changed back to standard to get the dual tips back and it still has the ugly sport tips.

Thanks for the heads up, wont be changing the exhaust on my 78 TA anytime soon because of this. Love the 78 TA in the game btw, probably my favorite so far.

Your welcome My first T.A. is a beast at 523hp NA Engine stage 2 and I added TREMEC 5 speed gear ratios my top speed so far 178 mph before hitting the breaks for the second to last turn on Mount Panorama very cool track :dopey:
 
Ill have to upgrade mine soon, been using it stock for now with some wheels and the spoiler delete. Not fast, but still fun to drive and listen to. More upset about the other cars like the Dino. Really liked the stock exhaust and they arent as cheap as the TA where Id buy another one just for that.

Its too bad they didnt put more Pontiacs in the game. Would be nice to have 3rd and 4th gen Formulas and maybe even a G8. Classic Oldsmobiles would be nice too. Oh well, cant complain too much.
 
Back