20 million credits for free!

Well, grinding now isn't so bad. PD has already given us the ability with the login bonus and events to make a lot of money now. This is what I was waiting for, and I was afraid we might not get it till January. Well, there is a God. :D

As for you guys throwing tantrums over the glitch being defeated and GT6 being worthless to you, I don't get you. Evidently it wasn't such a big deal in GT5 to be stuck with ways to make millions through grinding high payoff races, whether you kept your login bonus up or not. And do you remember how long we had to wait for that patch? I can't now, but it seemed like it was several months to a YEAR. And it was more essential in GT5 because we needed not just an income boost, but the XP system improved too. Remember that?

GT6 is a much better game all around, minus the goodies yet to come like Course Maker II, Event Maker, Online tools, possible Race Mod and Livery Editor... even without those, GT6 is an incredible improvement simply because the dynamics of the cars are so darn good. I like racing in the Fit! You guys can go enjoy whatever game makes you happy, I'll

And I like the fact that SONY CE isn't being meanies about this and having PD drop code bombs on us to wreck things, though that would most likely be more trouble than it's worth anyway. SONY the megacorp is probably livid over this loophole, but I'm betting that Kaz Hirai and the other regional heads of SONY CE are philosophical about it, and realize it's good if brief PR for them.

Actually, they have been doing this right along.

Polyphony Digital cites fan feedback as their guiding factor when developing the functionality, and sure enough, several of the new features are some of the most requested in GTPlanet’s online racing forums.

And there are a lot of interviews scattered all over the web, way too many for me to wade through right now because I have to get on with my day, but surely people remember a number of things from sounds being worked on, new cars and tracks being considered with fan input, damage being tried, additions to the game like the above credit boosts - which we just got as you know, etc.

I know this is an oft debated topic here, but this is something which will never be resolved to anyone's satisfaction, because everyone has their druthers. And I fear what the typical gamer's list will be, especially fans of that other game, as it seems inevitably to include mostly muscle cars, supercars, race cars, drift cars - LOTS of drift cars. Even with the gaps in GT6's car list people complain over, I prefer it to any other game.

I'm still not of the opinion that anyone from PD or SONY CEA needs to have a presence here, because the tendency to use anything GT or PD as a punching bag is just too strong. The people from Turn 10 are a mixed bag, and only one or two know how to take a ribbing. It's a good thing that Che Chou is gone, because he in particular was a flat out troll, and was banned from most message boards - multiple times, and I'm not sure he can even post anywhere outside of XBox forums. Even here, the Forza forum seems to be the least friendly place unless you're a devoted fan.

The GT boards are sometimes a series of pillow fights, but at least you can get a wide spectrum of viewpoints. And even if someone like America producer Taku Imasaki doesn't join in the mudwrestling here, they have mentioned a number of times that they take our input, collate it, judge it, and if worthwhile and doable, they act on it. And having someone here isn't going to make sounds improve any faster, for example. Nor will it make anything happen any differently in GT6 updates. We'll get what we get over the coming months, possibly years, and we can either spend time grouching on boards, or racing. And I'd rather race, so I'm about to vamoose. ;)
Yeah just saw the login bonus and the increase in payouts, its not so bad actually ! Well it looks like GTA online is the only game i've ever glitch for tons of in game cheddar lol

Here is what I believe PD/Sony did to correct the "exploit". I have yet to try and confirm this. This is solely based on what I am reading from other posts.

Update v1.00: As this is the base code, this will always work from the beginning.
Update v1.01: No longer a valid update code for use on any higher update. Thus, you can only go down from here to update v1.00. Also note that if you have a game save in update v1.01, "special" vehicles you have in this version can only be sold downstream to v1.00 and not brought up to v1.02.
Update v1.02: All previously updated "special cars" including: BMW M4 coupe, Acura NSX Concept '13 and Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT have been re-coded to only sell for v1.02 and above. Thus, these cannot be purchased on this version and downgraded to v1.00 for resale.

Am I correct in my hypothesis?

EDIT: I may be wrong, but I believe what they have done is completely nullify update v1.01. Thus, if you choose to continue to purchase "special" vehicles in v1.01, the only place for you is to go down. Meaning, if you purchase "special vehicles" in v1.01, you cannot bring those vehicles into v1.02 as those same "special vehicles" have been re-coded. Someone with the v1.01 update please verify this. Before doing so, make sure to back-up your original save game onto an external UBS storage device.

Last edited:
are you on crack? how can 1.0 not allow you to sell the 1.01

so you're "expecting" PD to lock the game and nulify 1.01 and under save games to block the glitch?

Here is how:

All the cars are in a database, 1.00 reads the the database named "cars".

In 1.01 it still uses the database named "cars" so any changes or "glitches" done here can be seen in ver. 1.00.

Now if in 1.02 they made a NEW database called "new_cars" version 1.0 would not read it / see it. So in version 1.02 the "glitch" cars are saved in the database "new_cars". So if you changed back to 1.0, it would never see the new cars, so you could never sell them.

Simple really.

Here is how:

In 1.01 it still uses the database named "cars" so any changes or "glitches" done here can be seen in ver. 1.00.

Now if in 1.02 they made a NEW database called "new_cars" version 1.0 would not read it / see it. So in version 1.02 the "glitch" cars are saved in the database "new_cars". So if you changed back to 1.0, it would never see the new cars, so you could never sell them.

Simple really.
okay so all i have to do is put my 1.01 save file on usb and reload it on ps3?

Here is how:

Simple really.

They could just as easily make ALL cars change to the new DB. Which, again, is why we should refrain from speculation until someone actually TRIES to use a 1.02 save file in 1.01.

Well, grinding now isn't so bad. PD has already given us the ability with the login bonus and events to make a lot of money now. This is what I was waiting for, and I was afraid we might not get it till January. Well, there is a God. :D

As for you guys throwing tantrums over the glitch being defeated and GT6 being worthless to you, I don't get you. Evidently it wasn't such a big deal in GT5 to be stuck with ways to make millions through grinding high payoff races, whether you kept your login bonus up or not. And do you remember how long we had to wait for that patch? I can't now, but it seemed like it was several months to a YEAR. And it was more essential in GT5 because we needed not just an income boost, but the XP system improved too. Remember that?

GT6 is a much better game all around, minus the goodies yet to come like Course Maker II, Event Maker, Online tools, possible Race Mod and Livery Editor... even without those, GT6 is an incredible improvement simply because the dynamics of the cars are so darn good. I like racing in the Fit! You guys can go enjoy whatever game makes you happy, I'll keep on burning rubber in GT6.

And I like the fact that SONY CE isn't being meanies about this and having PD drop code bombs on us to wreck things, though that would most likely be more trouble than it's worth anyway. SONY the megacorp is probably livid over this loophole, but I'm betting that Kaz Hirai and the other regional heads of SONY CE are philosophical about it, and realize it's good if brief PR for them.

Actually, they have been doing this right along.

Polyphony Digital cites fan feedback as their guiding factor when developing the functionality, and sure enough, several of the new features are some of the most requested in GTPlanet’s online racing forums.

And there are a lot of interviews scattered all over the web, way too many for me to wade through right now because I have to get on with my day, but surely people remember a number of things from sounds being worked on, new cars and tracks being considered with fan input, damage being tried, additions to the game like the above credit boosts - which we just got as you know, etc.

I know this is an oft debated topic here, but this is something which will never be resolved to anyone's satisfaction, because everyone has their druthers. And I fear what the typical gamer's list will be, especially fans of that other game, as it seems inevitably to include mostly muscle cars, supercars, race cars, drift cars - LOTS of drift cars. Even with the gaps in GT6's car list people complain over, I prefer it to any other game.

I'm still not of the opinion that anyone from PD or SONY CEA needs to have a presence here, because the tendency to use anything GT or PD as a punching bag is just too strong. The people from Turn 10 are a mixed bag, and only one or two know how to take a ribbing. It's a good thing that Che Chou is gone, because he in particular was a flat out troll, and was banned from most message boards - multiple times, and I'm not sure he can even post anywhere outside of XBox forums. Even here, the Forza forum seems to be the least friendly place unless you're a devoted fan.

The GT boards are sometimes a series of pillow fights, but at least you can get a wide spectrum of viewpoints. And even if someone like America producer Taku Imasaki doesn't join in the mudwrestling here, they have mentioned a number of times that they take our input, collate it, judge it, and if worthwhile and doable, they act on it. And having someone here isn't going to make sounds improve any faster, for example. Nor will it make anything happen any differently in GT6 updates. We'll get what we get over the coming months, possibly years, and we can either spend time grouching on boards, or racing. And I'd rather race, so I'm about to vamoose. ;)

Enlightening post. Please do not get me wrong. I am neither a fanboy of either title. Although I was of Sony and PD for quite some time. Now, I appreciate and enjoy both titles. I only wish fanboys of either title were more open-minded to actually give the rival title the unbiased opportunity to experience what each has to offer.

Here is what I believe PD/Sony did to correct the "exploit". I have yet to try and confirm this. This is solely based on what I am reading from other posts.

Update v1.00: As this is the base code, this will always work from the beginning.
Update v1.01: No longer a valid update code for use on any higher update. Thus, you can only go down from here to update v1.00. Also note that if you have a game save in update v1.01, "special" vehicles you have in this version can only be sold downstream to v1.00 and not brought up to v1.02.
Update v1.02: All previously updated "special cars" including: BMW M4 coupe, Acura NSX Concept '13 and Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT have been re-coded to only sell for v1.02 and above. Thus, these cannot be purchased on this version and downgraded to v1.00 for resale.

Am I correct in my hypothesis?

There goes my dream of having every car in every dealership color for this game without having to worry about grinding for $$$ :(

I only wish fanboys of either title were more open-minded to actually give the rival title the unbiased opportunity to experience what each has to offer.
Yeah, this is a problem. It's a little discouraging when I mention something either positive or negative about Forza here, because extremists make it such hell, you can't say boo about the series on most Playstation or GT boards. It really does have a lot of good features to offer for discussion regarding Gran Turismo features, but even if the discussion is going well, some of the mods here are pretty heavy handed in squashing the discussion dead. So messed up...

Anyhow, it seems that GT6 is getting something for it just about every week, and may be that prodigious for a month or two, so I'm pretty excited about the prospects. Kind of like getting little presents throughout the coming year. :D

okay so from now on I will just keep a 1.01 save file

create a bunch of psn accounts. Buy 20000000 cars update then gift and sell for credits

Sigh. There is so much wrong with what you just proposed. First, if you had a backup copy of 1.01 and your save file from 1.01, every time you restored it you'd lose all of your progress from 1.02. Second, there IS NO GIFTING in gt6...

For the record, I complained then too.

But honestly it's not enough that we just go back to GT5. It doesn't matter what we used to have. People have been vocal about what they want, and it is in no way asking for a lot. A free mode is trivial to make. A-Spec is not. Why do we have the complex mode and not the simple one?

GT6 is a much better game all around, minus the goodies yet to come like Course Maker II, Event Maker, Online tools, possible Race Mod and Livery Editor... even without those, GT6 is an incredible improvement simply because the dynamics of the cars are so darn good. I like racing in the Fit! You guys can go enjoy whatever game makes you happy, I'll keep on burning rubber in GT6.
I was waiting for a physics demo to decide on whether or not GT6 was worth it. One never came. Then the insanity of charging money for credits came up and that pretty much killed it. I don't know why, but console games just aren't taken seriously by devs. I'd likely enjoy driving a good number of the 1200 cars on the disc. I just wish you were actually allowed to do so.

There is no doubt they listen to feedback. There is also no doubt they are very random in doing so.

Sorting through fan requests should be pretty easy if you're willing to put a little effort in.

We'll get what we get
Possibly, but that doesn't mean we can't get what we want either.

The patch goes both ways, I bought a M4 in 1.02 and it didn't show up in 1.00. I also bought a Trans Cammer Mustang in 1.00, when I updated to 1.02 it wasn't there. Money appears to work the same way, you can still sell a AMG VGT or M4 in 1.00 to get 20 million credits, but if you update back to 1.02 the money you made in 1.00 isn't there.

The patch goes both ways, I bought a M4 in 1.02 and it didn't show up in 1.00. I also bought a Trans Cammer Mustang in 1.00, when I updated to 1.02 it wasn't there. Money appears to work the same way, you can still sell a AMG VGT or M4 in 1.00 to get 20 million credits, but if you update back to 1.02 the money you made in 1.00 isn't there.

Awesome. Thank you for that confirmation. After I confirm this for myself, if you do not mind, I would like to add you to a v1.02 post-exploit update to the how-to.

Basically, v1.02 is what v1.01 should have been in terms of the direction purchased vehicles can/should be taken. I do not believe this resolves the issue of vehicles that you have already purchased and are already in your garage though, as it should not anyway. There is no way PD/Sony would be able to recognize how vehicles were purchased. There is no way for them to discern whether the vehicles you have in your garage were purchased via glitch, grinding or store purchased credits. And thus, if you have a stockpile of vehicles in a v1.00 save game, you are free to update to v1.02 and sell them there. This worries me though. Be very wary about continually selling these vehicles for exorbitant amounts of money as PD/Sony may be able to track your spending habits via credits purchased in store versus credits earned versus credits used for purchases, etc.

Correct,

If your still on 1.01 everything was how it was and your free to glitch, as don as you hit 1.02 you can no longer do it.

I am away from my PS3 at the moment. Is there any way for you to confirm if 20M credit vehicles in the v1.00 save game can be taken to v1.02 for a 6M credit resale?

I just completed my last cycle of using the glitch.....when I downloaded the newest patch 1.02, the 20 million credits I had left were there and I sold a 20 million credit car and received 6 million for it....currently waiting for the images to update.

I just completed my last cycle of using the glitch.....when I downloaded the newest patch 1.02, the 20 million credits I had left were there and I sold a 20 million credit car and received 6 million for it....currently waiting for the images to update.
So you went from 1.01 to 1.0, did the glitch, then updated to 1.02?

So you went from 1.01 to 1.0, did the glitch, then updated to 1.02?

Yes, I did not download the update, bought a few "money" cars, deleted 1.01, went back to 1.00, bought some bankable cars, and then downloaded the 1.02 update. My money is at 26,000,000 after selling 1 of my "banked" cars.....

update....just finished the image update and sold another "bank"car and all is well...

Yes, I did not download the update, bought a few "money" cars, deleted 1.01, went back to 1.00, bought some bankable cars, and then downloaded the 1.02 update. My money is at 26,000,000 after selling 1 of my "banked" cars.....

update....just finished the image update and sold another "bank"car and all is well...

I will try to confirm this myself and I will be sure to add you to the post-exploit how-to. Thank you for confirming.

I just dropped a spare 256GB SSD I had laying around in my PS3 for testing. The SSD I took out has GT6 at v1.01. When the new drive is all done updating, I'll be able to move save files between v1.0, v1.01, and v1.02 to see what happens. I'm just curious to see if you can take a v1.02 save file into v1.01, and then get glitch cars and go back to v1.0 again. Anybody want me to test anything?

For the record, I complained then too.

But honestly it's not enough that we just go back to GT5. It doesn't matter what we used to have. People have been vocal about what they want, and it is in no way asking for a lot. A free mode is trivial to make. A-Spec is not. Why do we have the complex mode and not the simple one?
Most of us grouched about the stingy economy, and how hard it was to get XP. Especially since Ex Points were an extra and unnecessary hurdle to clear to be able to unlock races and cars. The star system is sort of the same thing, but mostly not. It's basically a visual aid to indicate to you what races you've cleared and how well. In GT4 at least, races were unlocked by completing previous event series too, so as I say, it's mostly a visual aid.

As for getting all the cars to play with, many racing games unlock car content as you progress. The ones that don't are those pesky racing sims which usually have a paltry number of cars. And compared to most Gran Turismos, 100 some odd is a paltry number to me. Gran Turismo has always had an out to let you race many of them in Arcade Mode, and in GT3 you could throw in your entire garage. With the Obama-free economy in GT6 now improved, I really don't see how it's such an ordeal to do a little grinding now. Log in for five days, do some races, and you can buy many of the race cars, or a whole gob of street cars and mod them to your heart's content.

Still, to each their own, and a bunch of us are now pretty happy campers. Now, I'm curious as to what was in such a big update...

Last edited:
So they've lowered the money cap back down to 20m, or only 20m can carry over from 1.01 to 1.02?

The cap is still 50 million in 1.02, you can only have 20 million in 1.00 as a max. When I went from 1.00 to 1.02 the 20 million I had was still there and then I sold 5 "bank" cars to get back to the 50 million limit......

Back