20 million credits for free!

What do you mean? It was worth 20 million?

I might be missing something here but:

In v1.01 buy a ton of M4s.
In v1.00 sell a M4, get 20million. Buy 20million Car.
Repeat this until you have enough.
In v1.01 sell 20million car for 6million.

This last bit. Somebody said apply tuning to take the sell price back to 20 million. ??????

I mentioned it somewhere. Rather than keeping an insane amount of credits and drawing attention. Keep it in collateral. 20m cars are pricey to sell. So keep a couple XJs, if you run low, sell one.

It all sounds like a great idea. Until Sony decides to make all of the 20,000,000 CR cars unsellable, as they did in GT5. :nervous:

Hate to break it to you.. what do you think GT academy is for. (doh)

:lol: Oh please. Yes, there are things you can learn from a simulator. But if anybody takes the lessons they learned from career mode in GT5 and applied them to the track, they're in big trouble. Trying to haphazardly pass 10+ cars in 3 laps is exactly the kind of lesson we shouldn't be learning if we want to succeed in any real racing series. As much as I respect the opportunities that GT Academy has given to some talented racers, you do realize that it's nothing but a marketing exercise by Nissan and Sony? And "playing" GT is not going to turn somebody into a racing driver.

0 in the uk does nothing but at long last I've worked it out.

I'm late on this but 0 does work. I'm guessing you didn't have your controller set to no 1. It shouldn't be necessary to change your internet settings to deny accepting a patch.

- sell BMW for 20mln in 1.00
- buy Ferrari for 20mln
- do it 5 times
- sell another BMW for 20mln
- update to 1.01
- sell 5 Ferraris for 6mln each

That's it, 50mln in the bank :)[/quote]
That what I did the other day.:cheers:

The only 2 cars you really want to buy in 1.01 are the 2D and 2J.
Under 1.0 they are 12.5m and 15m while under 1.01 they are approx. 4m each

You know honestly, I think its worth a couple of M4s for these under 1.00 instead, instead of spending some of the jag/ferrari 6 mil a pop money (I guess both ways its two M4s, either converted to 20milion sold for 6, or 20 million buying 12.5 with change, I just prefer the change).

I've done all of the above and bought every (almost 200 now) car i've ever wanted. I'm almost 44 years old now, raising two young kids and time is so limited these days so this huge cash workaround is such a gift to me. I had just started on the GT races when this glitch appeared so i'd already done a lot of competitions. Now i can Just enjoy the cars, enjoy the tracks, and still enjoy collecting all those other stars. I've collected every car in every GT game since GT1 but was honestly not looking forward to grinding again due to very low pay outs for those ultra expensive cars. I will not be loosing any sleep over this either. I also think it's horendous how much Sony are charging with the micro transactions and i think it's really tainted GT as a series and it's possible path into the future.

Basically use this time now to buy every and any expensive car, in the event that PD do render 20 million credit machines unsellable.

BMW M4 method is the most profitable but also most time consuming.

I also think it's horendous how much Sony are charging with the micro transactions and i think it's really tainted GT as a series and it's possible path into the future.

As being a path into the future, I can see where the glitch can hurt them now. but, if they correct the glitch, people will eventually create a boycott of these microtransactions. Keep in mind that they will surely revise the way it works for these micro-transactions of they do not get the expected results.

Once, a averageley known Fictional Character explained to another that the future isn't written yet. Yet the setting in which they were is fictionous but the advice is as real as it is ever going to be.

If Sony and PD gets S.O.L. from microtransactions, expect them to be removed from the game, and rewrads for the races to raise.

But, The glitch is not a good moral move IMO. Yet nothing refrains us from doing it, Think of it as if you were offered the keys of Fort Knox, and being told that nobody will see them stealing from it...

But, The glitch is not a good moral move IMO. Yet nothing refrains us from doing it, Think of it as if you were offered the keys of Fort Knox, and being told that nobody will see them stealing from it...

Disagree - this is more like my kids leaving their markers on the table and one of their friends using them to draw a picture without asking... Fort Knox has real money. My kids markers will still work just the same after their friends have used them (assuming the little 🤬 put the damn lids back on)!

It all sounds like a great idea. Until Sony decides to make all of the 20,000,000 CR cars unsellable, as they did in GT5. :nervous:

Basically use this time now to buy every and any expensive car, in the event that PD do render 20 million credit machines unsellable.

What are the next most expensive cars? Perhaps some diversification is in order. It might be wise to have some of ~5m cars just in case Sony does make the 20m cars unsellable.

Disagree - this is more like my kids leaving their markers on the table and one of their friends using them to draw a picture without asking... Fort Knox has real money. My kids markers will still work just the same after their friends have used them (assuming the little 🤬 put the damn lids back on)!

This is were my analogy comes from... Microtransactions are also real money.

What are the next most expensive cars? Perhaps some diversification is in order. It might be wise to have some of ~5m cars just in case Sony does make the 20m cars unsellable.

Well from memory the Miura and the 2J are 15 mill each, there might be a couple of others

Well from memory the Miura and the 2J are 15 mill each, there might be a couple of others

They were in 1.00. In 1.01 their price was cut to around 4 million CR. In general the sale price of any car is about 30% of it's purchase price. I think from memory, any car in GT5 above 2 million can't be sold. Assuming PD adds some high paying seasonal events at some point in the next few months, and assuming they put a similar 'ban' on the selling of high value cars, at that point, buying and selling becomes almost a write off.

If they do PUT [edit] such a selling ban in place without opening some sort of pathway to in game credits, their push toward a micro economy is pretty clear. If it wasn't already.

Last edited:
This is were my analogy comes from... Microtransactions are also real money.

Understand - but you're suggesting that anyone who has used this method would have paid Sony real money for in-game credits to some degree or another if this loophole wasn't available. I'd suggest that is not the case for the majority on this forum.

Not sure how they can make them unsellable since they are being sold on your disc version of the game which they can't change. I guess it's possible they can add some kind of tag or something internal so that taking one of these cars back to 1.00 would mean it's not recognized as a car anymore but that sounds like simple programming and hasn't been done yet. Could easily fit into one of these micropatches you would think.

Is the 20mil money cap removed or something? I'm over it after the patch now.

Yes, $50Mill now, from one of the micropatches.

As being a path into the future, I can see where the glitch can hurt them now. but, if they correct the glitch, people will eventually create a boycott of these microtransactions. Keep in mind that they will surely revise the way it works for these micro-transactions of they do not get the expected results.

Once, a averageley known Fictional Character explained to another that the future isn't written yet. Yet the setting in which they were is fictionous but the advice is as real as it is ever going to be.

If Sony and PD gets S.O.L. from microtransactions, expect them to be removed from the game, and rewrads for the races to raise.

I just don't like the micro-transactions at all. Even if it was $1 for 20 million. Thats more affordable but its just counter to what the game should be about. So why would I glitch? Because the payouts are not designed to help me achieve what I believe the game is for. Which is experiencing a variety of different cars. Again, it would take for ever to accumulate anything including parts and suits under the current payout structure. So yeah, very thankful for the glitch, otherwise I might soon be putting GT6 on the shelf, and watiting to see if things changed with GT7.

Weel, i think you are all missing somethinh.
There is no way you can sell the M4 for 20 kk, since it was not on the 1.00 version.

IT ONLY WORKS WITH THE MERCEDES

They were in 1.00. In 1.01 their price was cut to around 4 million CR. In general the sale price of any car is about 30% of it's purchase price. I think from memory, any car in GT5 above 2 million can't be sold. Assuming PD adds some high paying seasonal events at some point in the next few months, and assuming they put a similar 'ban' on the selling of high value cars, at that point, buying and selling becomes almost a write off.

If they do PUT [edit] such a selling ban in place without opening some sort of pathway to in game credits, their push toward a micro economy is pretty clear. If it wasn't already.

Huh. I'm sorta surprised this possibility hasn't come up in this thread yet. Everyone is stockpiling cars that, based on past history, may not be able to be sold.

I've bought all of the cars I want but have built up 50 of the 20m cars for future selling to cover all other expenses in the game plus any new cars added by PD. It would appear there's some chance that the way PD stops the glitch is to implement something they've already done in the past. Seems like converting some of the 20m cars into lower priced cars might be a good idea.

This glitch is so hilarious that actually it became a very good marketing tactic for people to convince to buy the game now, especially they'll get a chance to collect all cars at this period.

I am now really asking...PolyD, are you seriously doing a big gaming conspiracy? So everyone can talk about your beloved new baby of your GT series? For sales improvement? Making a big gamble?
Lemme put these:
- Low pre-order and initial/1st day sales of the game(weakest so far for the series?)
- Giving us, still, the cheaper yet unfixed and glitch exploitable M4, even after all news regarding the Merc VGT exploit they still didn't fixed it with the M4
- IGN, gamespot other famous videogaming internet sites are really buzzing around this anomaly
- Sir Kaz's not making remarks regarding microtransactions seems making a foretelling about this
- The Daiki Kasho song "All My Life"(which is the gt6 intro song) chorus lyrics, listen to it guys! ♫This is my time to breakaway!♫
- I think there should be more, especially for the 1st time this franchise is doing a serious yet pretty relevant charity work with the Instituto Ayrton Senna partnership

Oh well, I might be thinking these too much, but i can't help it because these we're fascinatingly intriguing!

Last edited:
I like that I am not grinding for credits with this glitch. Instead I am enjoying each race without worry of doing the same one 100 times to have enough credits to fix, mod or buy a new car.

I have about 120 of the 1966 GT40 Mk1 to sell for $6 Mil each, which is a good feeling.

- sell BMW for 20mln in 1.00
- buy Ferrari for 20mln
- do it 5 times
- sell another BMW for 20mln
- update to 1.01
- sell 5 Ferraris for 6mln each

That's it, 50mln in the bank :)
That what I did the other day.:cheers:[/quote]

ohh, the M4 pays 20million+ as well without the patch? :embarrassed:

I dont think so, you can not even find the M4 on 1.00, so how am i wrong ??

whole point is you buy it on the latest firmware, sell it for 20 million. when you got everything you want and you have 20m in the bank just buy five Ferrari 250's then download the patch again and sell the 250's on the newest patch for 6m each.
so you start at 20m in the bank
5 Ferrari 250's multiplied by 6million = 30million. 20m + 30m = 50m which is the limit that you can have in this game.

THAT'S the entire point! You can only sell the merc because it wasn't in 1.0... That's WHY the M4 also works. We've all done it. You clearly haven't, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I have done it with the Mercedes, and already have all the cars in the game and 100 Gt20 in stock.
I might be wrong, i will see the M4

Back