20 million credits for free!

I think we've won a protest here guys.

The result is kind of a win-win, those of us who knew about the old glitch, gorged ourselves by buying as many cars/upgrades/etc as we wanted, stockpilled for future credits maybe, now have a significant lead on how many credits we'll need/want in the future.

PDs answer, has been to increase the cr payouts dramatically, for existing and new material in the game, so people who get the game from now on, probably won't want to glitch anyway (too hard, not worth it). This also devalues the microtransactions (inflation).

I made 2.3 million cr before I heard of the glitch, I don't know what that'd translate in the current figures, maybe 4-5 million, but especially with the latest content promising a potential 12 million credits, maybe glitching and microtransactions are both a thing of the past for GT6?

There's something I still don't get: will I have problems with stockyard when I make the jump to v1.02?

Right now I'm sitting comfortably at v1.00 - going easy and buying lots of cars - and soon will reach 500 cars in my garage (which means I have to put some in the stockyard, right?).

Hi there,

I have found a way to keep the glitch working. Since I only play online I don't care about loising my progress so if you're in the same case follow these steps.

When you're on 1.00 you should backup your save data to USB drive. Then if you wish to play online download update 1.02.

When you want to buy some new cars, simply uninstall GT6 game data and copy (overwrite) the backup save stored on your USB drive. Launch the game in 1.00 (don't update this time) and sell/buy your cars.
When you want to play online simply update to 1.02 :-)

Hope this will help some of you. Have a nice day !

Thank you for the advice. However, this procedure only pertains to players who have already exploited and have vehicles/funds that are saved in a v1.00 save game. Correct? I assume this is what your advice is pertaining to. This DOES NOT allow you to exploit as before by purchasing vehicles in v1.02 and selling in v1.00 for a higher return.

There's something I still don't get: will I have problems with stockyard when I make the jump to v1.02?

Right now I'm sitting comfortably at v1.00 - going easy and buying lots of cars - and soon will reach 500 cars in my garage (which means I have to put some in the stockyard, right?).

As far as I know, any issues regarding the stockyard have yet to be addressed by Sony/PD. From what I've read here, it seems that if you're going to use the stockyard, you want to make damn sure you save your game manually.

Until I hear that there are no more issues with the stockyard, I'll be avoiding it, or only putting cars in it that I don't really care if I lose.

Thank you for the advice. However, this procedure only pertains to players who have already exploited and have vehicles/funds that are saved in a v1.00 save game. Correct? I assume this is what your advice is pertaining to. This DOES NOT allow you to exploit as before by purchasing vehicles in v1.02 and selling in v1.00 for a higher return.

Correct ! Thank you I should have precised. Sorry if the method damaged somebody's game save ! Read the bold sentence above !!

As far as I know, any issues regarding the stockyard have yet to be addressed by Sony/PD. From what I've read here, it seems that if you're going to use the stockyard, you want to make damn sure you save your game manually.

Until I hear that there are no more issues with the stockyard, I'll be avoiding it, or only putting cars in it that I don't really care if I lose.

You know, I am starting to think that the loss of vehicles in the stockyard are somehow related to the "exploit" via the continual downgrade from v1.01 back down to v1.00. I have not been using v1.01 for obvious reasons and have only been playing on v1.00 as I am working on finishing up my collection. As a result, I have not had any vehicle losses since. Just as a frame of reference, I have 500 vehicles in my garage and 1,000+ vehicles in my stockyard currently. Can anyone else verify this? If we can trace the root cause of vehicle loss in the stockyard, we may be able to put this problem to rest and more importantly, support others waiting to extend their collections into the stockyard.

Hahaha! I have discovered a very simple solution to the hacking in this game, and it cannot be avoided, because the solution is not on the PlayStation, the solution happens at the network level, and there is nothing any of us can do to avoid it!

Here is the solution.

Every time the PS3 connects to the update server, its MAC address is cross-referenced with a list, there could be a set number of times that a user can download an update, say five times, that seems reasonable. In all my years of gaming on the PS3, I have never had to download any update more than once, so five would seem ample. Any requests, beyond this number would be met with a flat refusal, unless paid for through a micro transaction. :sly:

I am going to forward this solution to KY and PD, lets hope that they implement it as soon as possible!

Hahaha! I have discovered a very simple solution to the hacking in this game, and it cannot be avoided, because the solution is not on the PlayStation, the solution happens at the network level, and there is nothing any of us can do to avoid it!

Here is the solution.

Every time the PS3 connects to the update server, its MAC address is cross-referenced with a list, there could be a set number of times that a user can download an update, say five times, that seems reasonable. In all my years of gaming on the PS3, I have never had to download any update more than once, so five would seem ample. Any requests, beyond this number would be met with a flat refusal, unless paid for through a micro transaction. :sly:

I am going to forward this solution to KY and PD, lets hope that they implement it as soon as possible!

I guess some people just can't let it be....The glitch is pretty much a rather hard thing to do and most of us are done with it. Sometimes people just want to add salt to the wound instead getting on with their lives. Yes, some of us exploited a loophole that was left and PD fixed it.....I for one would not have done it if at some point we could have imported our garages from GT 5 as it was full of most of the cars I used the glitch to get.

From what I have read on this thread, there were many who took advantage of the glitch for the ability to have cars that we had in GT5. I did it so I could enjoy the game and not have to "grind" endlessly as I did in GT 5.

The glitch is fixed, let it go and go enjoy the game like the rest of us plan on doing.

If I was you do not put any cars in the stockyard yet.
Better to be safe than sorry.

Anything over 500 has to go stockyard I'm told.

I'm with you. I do have cars I want to put in there. Cars that are going to require some serious work to get race ready.

Here is the solution.

Perhaps you've never had a HD die on you? Perhaps you've never deleted a game from your HD and then re-installed it (maybe more than once)? These are just two legitimate scenarios that occurred to me before I'd even finished reading your post. Perhaps you should think more before you post.

I guess some people just can't let it be....The glitch is pretty much a rather hard thing to do and most of us are done with it. Sometimes people just want to add salt to the wound instead getting on with their lives. Yes, some of us exploited a loophole that was left and PD fixed it.....I for one would not have done it if at some point we could have imported our garages from GT 5 as it was full of most of the cars I used the glitch to get.

From what I have read on this thread, there were many who took advantage of the glitch for the ability to have cars that we had in GT5. I did it so I could enjoy the game and not have to "grind" endlessly as I did in GT 5.

The glitch is fixed, let it go and go enjoy the game like the rest of us plan on doing.

That's the thing about SIX. There are only what 166 NEW cars. All the rest come from GT5. It would have been very nice to be able to take the cars and the Bobs and their earnings from 5 to 6. So what we have here is GT 5.25.

In game I'm about 58% through career mode. I've spent 2/3 of my "earnings" on tuning. Its my choice to want to drive new cars, race online and tune instead of "grind" for $$$ or grind through career mode. I like discovering cars! The glitch helped me in that way. Most games today have "alternate" paths to play.

Perhaps you've never had a HD die on you? Perhaps you've never deleted a game from your HD and then re-installed it (maybe more than once)? These are just two legitimate scenarios that occurred to me before I'd even finished reading your post. Perhaps you should think more before you post.

He doesn't (think). He didn't (glitch). He's jealous.

Here is the solution.

Just a suposition:
So if version 1.00 was full of bugs(and it as bugs) and the users add to play with one unfinished game(and version 1.00 really is one unfinished game) wouldn't have the access to it being obligated to stay on that version?
If we weren't abble to update then all the online features would be disabled and is the same as being banned from GT6 online.
Also let's say i want to upgrade my PS3 HDD and i change it 5 times i upgrade the game those 5 times and when i go to the six HDD i cant upgrade my GT6 copy even if i didn't did the glitch.
So if i need to delete data from my hdd to other games i cant delete the GT6 more then 5 times?

So much whining about this, i did the glich once and even if i could do it on 1.02 i wouldn't do it, the Cr that we win now are fair to me and now i can really enjoy grinding in severel events that i like since the Cr. have gone up.

So when I'm still at 1.01, and haven't had the ps3 connected to the net, if I just keep it that way I basically can glitch one more time? That's what I gather from this thread - am I right?

If you keep your Ps3 disconnected from internet and with version 1.01 you can do the glich just one more time because the next time it will install version 1.02 directly, if want to really get advantage of it then buy a bunch of the new M4 insted of the Mercedes AMG Vision.

So when I'm still at 1.01, and haven't had the ps3 connected to the net, if I just keep it that way I basically can glitch one more time? That's what I gather from this thread - am I right?
Infinite number of times, if you have a spare hdd.

So much whining about this, i did the glich once and even if i could do it on 1.02 i wouldn't do it, the Cr that we win now are fair to me and now i can really enjoy grinding in severel events that i like since the Cr. have gone up.

Exactly. Now that the payouts are better, fixed or not, there's not nearly as much reason to want to do the glitch. It was fortunate for many that it was around when the payouts were so paltry, but both things have largely been fixed now, so I'm all good with it.

I'll just use the microtransactions instead of cheating the game.

You in a week
can-spare-dime-2.jpg

Back