2005 Nissan Nismo Skyline GT-R Z-Tune Vs. 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

• Thread starter FAOLIU05
  • 148 comments

Which Is More Superior On The Track?

• Total voters
live4speed
As for you and the GT3, if it was you it sound's like you'd ignore the segment for the GT3 and just re-name the GT2 the GT3, because by upping it's power into the next level, your making the GT2 pointless.
and Drifster, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but yeah the Vetter looks nicer. But not as nice as...
Oh of course the vette doesn't..
I'm not condoning the vette's look.

Yeah like you said it's "nice" but it doesn't stand out.
It takes a somewhat knowledgable person to be able to just glance at a c6 car and tell if it's a z06 or a base.
Which is why I was in favor of the Z tune..because it's not a dime a dozen car around here...or ANYWHERE for that matter....

BTW...love the noble..

Poverty
Yeah but theyre not gonna make a new GT2 or so they are leading us to believe. The caymen isnt powerful enough. Id love a NSX-R type of car with 450-500hp.
The Cayman sure is powerful enough to outrun every currently sold Porsche except the 996 GT3, GT2 and Carrera GT. And the second comment, yeah... here you go:
esprit300sport5ay.jpg

They made it for 26 years. It more or less fit that description for 10.
So does this:
Spyker-C8_coupe4b.jpg

A far better proposition than the gussied-up Lambo (which, in turn is a gussied up Audi anyways). It even uses the same engine!

Poverty
Please audi make the R8 with 550hp and sell it for 65k.
Audi RS4. Close as your gonna get. Also a far better proposition than that gussied up imitation Lambo.
Poverty
Lambo havent got one, Porsche havent, ferrari hasnt, BMW hasnt mercedes hasnt, maserati hasnt
So, the Murcielago isn't fast enough? Neither is the GT2, GT3 or Carrera GT? The Enzo isn't, nor the FXX? Not the SLR McLaren, SL/CL65 AMG or CLK DTM? The MC-12 isn't even fast enough? How fast are you talking? Warp Speed? Do you need a car that can outrun the Millenium Falcon? :sly:
Poverty
And all the british cars fall short due to reliability and quality of build.
Give me one example made after 1975 that is not a Rover or wodden-chassis Morgan. Cars are unreliable because their owners are incompotent and complain to consumer charting magazines (alternatively, because they are Italian :D ). Even something so complicated as an Esprit will run like clockwork if you treat it right and don't try to make it fail.

YSSMAN
1) Learn how to spell; Its called a Chevrolet C-A-M-A-R-O. The misspelling alone tells me you either no nothing about American cars, or you know nothing about cars in general.

2) American car guys give "ricer" guys crap because they have to strap so much crap on the car before it can even begin to compete against cars like the Camaro, Mustang, etc. in the 1/4 mile. You give me a 2002 Camaro SS and I can get it to run 10's for just a couple thousand dollars. The same on a S15? Youre kidding, right?

- And just because they are American cars, do not assume they are not good track cars. If designed correctly and properly tuned, the F-Body and Fox-Body cars can become serious track competition. They may not be nearly as fast as say a tuned Skyline or Evo IX, its called all-wheel-drive, they could keep up if they are built properly, just like any other car.

3) You do realise that you are calling the kettle black, right? Calling out the American car guys because they do not like Japanese cars is just as bad as the Japanese car guys doing the same to them. Neither side is going to be completely perfect, and neither side will EVER get along about anything. My roots tie directly to General Motors and Mopar products, but my performance cars of choise generally come from Europe. But I will defend an American car, espically my beloved Camaro and Corvette in any situation. Pull your head out of your a**, a d*** book or drive the d*** think, and you might learn that many American cars are just as fast as others sold throughout the world.

4) The 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 has proven to be one of the fastest cars not only in it's segment, but one of the fastest cars available for purchase out of the factory. The Enzo, McLaren, and GT are all out of production you dolt, so they cannot count in any current comparison, and the Koeingsegg and Zonda are both completely different cars than what the Z06 is targeted at. Both are purpose built ultra-high-performance cars, cost well in excess of $200K, and are two of the top-ten fastest cars sold in the world today. But if you look at cars at which the Corvette is meant to compete against: Ferrari F430, Lamborghini Gallarado, Porsche 911 Turbo/GT3, Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe, and Noble M12 GTO, its pretty much a cakewalk for the Corvette. Although offical numbers have not yet been made available for the Porsche twins, I would place those as the top two compeditors to the Corvette, followed shortly by the Ferrari, Dodge, Noble, and Lamborghini. Read any test of the Z06, and it outperforms the competition... All while driving off the local Chevrolet dealer's lot for $70,000 USD.

*sigh* You din't have to get mad. I wasn't saying **** towards you, nor American cars, so go take a ****ing hike. Maybe i misspelled CAMARO cause i was, both
A.) half asleep.
B.) a terable headache, very distracting for me, the reason i wasn't at school.

So if you want to make this a flame war, come here to California in person and i'll make it a flame war you won't forget. I was talking about the ****ing rednecks that don't know a nice Japanese Muscle, compared to a Ricer piece of ****. Just because it's Honda, or has some nice paint job, or body kits, or spoiler. DOESN'T mean it's a ricer. Alot of racecars, and nice street cars, have both bodykits and spoilers. That's what bugs me when they call those Ricers. And anyways, WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT A RICER DOES TO HIS CAR? it's not your, so go get a life. That's what my whole thing to intend. I'm not dissing any car, i respect all cars, but Japanese moter companys is were my heart of racing is.

And about your direct connections to GM, I DONT GIVE A ****, to me most of GM are a bunch of dumbasses. They produce pointless SUV's, yes Vettes and Camaro's are nice, and fast cars, but they arn't the best in the world. A Skyline, NSX or Supras, can put just as good numbers up as any muscle car. yes they would have to properly tunned, as much as Muscle cars have to be to. AND most muscle cars, stock or heavly tuned would get there asses handed to them on a circuit. And if you think that Muscle cars are king of the drag, (i've heard many people say) think again. One of the best 1/4 mile times ever recorded was a low 6 Supra. Yeah so what if it had 1,600bhp (i think it's how much) it was fast and it would smoke most cars EVER.

No need for coments like "shove your head up your ass" cause that just makes YOU look like a little kid.

O yeah hhow does miss-spelling Camaro make you know nothing about cars? PLEASE EXPLAIN cause it makes no sense. It's a easy misstake i have seen countless people make.

Your there telling him to take a chill pill, yet it's not like your post isn't full of expletives, insults and threats. There no need to respond like that.

live4speed
Your there telling him to take a chill pill, yet it's not like your post isn't full of expletives, insults and threats. There no need to respond like that.
Sorry, what i ment was, that his coment about shving my head up my ass is what i ment... Not swearing, we all do that. I never told him to anything that would affened him, i only said, so take a hike, but in a more vulger way.

live4speed
Poverty, we have tonnes of companies that make cars that are proper sportscars not just GT's. The the majority of proper sportscars in Europe are made in the UK, Noble, TVR, Marcos, Morgan ect. There some from mainland Europe such as Weismann, BMW, Venturi keep threatening to make a comeback, YES, Invicta, Cunningham and many more all have and do make sprtscars and are all European. Regarding Porsche, what do you think the Cayman is? Of note, none of these are over 1600kg's. Car's like the (I tried not to get into this) Noble 400R and TVR T440R would put up a superb challenge to the Z06, imagine that for a race.
Morgan is a proper sports car maker?
And try to keep the subject to actual sports car maker, because there are dozens of names, both old and new, that show us concepts of sports/super cars but never make it into production, or make a few examples but go bust because they cant keep it up (ex.Cizeta).

Oh, and the guy who mentioned Spyker, Spykers arent sports cars but are kinky tourers for the rich. Or atleast they arent yet, they handle like crap so Spyker will need to work on that.

Im quite looking forward to the new wave of upper class sports cars in the next few years like the Audi R8, Lotus Esprit, Honda NSX and various Porsche 911 variants.

Poverty
Yeah but theyre not gonna make a new GT2 or so they are leading us to believe. The caymen isnt powerful enough. Id love a NSX-R type of car with 450-500hp.

And all the british cars fall short due to reliability and quality of build. The weismen etc are ugly and look like unconventional cars.

Please audi make the R8 with 550hp and sell it for 65k.
The GT2 is undecided. Porsche is waiting on sells of the Turbo and coming Turbo S Models and GT3 before the GT2 is considered.

How does the ugliness of the Wiessman make it unreliable?
Kiss my arse if that does.

Nobles here in the states have been succeeding in all kinds of meets.
2 Nobles are registered here in Texas that I know of. Both make as many visits as possible to Speedway meets. The GTO 3R has murdered the 360 owners on the track and it's a high speed track with few corners.

Nobles are practically race cars so it's pretty much blood-related to make 'em reliable.

Oh, and not to mention, many English sports cars here are registered as kit cars and are put together after being bought so fault can lie in the assembly.

BTW,good luck for the Vette having a walk in the park against Noble. That small little company makes some of the fastest track cars to date and I doubt a Vette with it's non-driver friendly limit will take the handling of the Noble which btw, costs just $20,000 more.

Every test even claimed the Viper SRT-10 Coupe was a much more responsive car and all-around better track car. It was slower than the Vette for a couple of seconds, but it was very easy to drive compared to the "...wanting to kick the back out..." Vette that also "...discovered unhidden bumps in the road..."

danoff
If you just do a quick comparison of the exteriror I think the winner is clear.

Edit: I know a lot of folks are taking this very seriously, so I thought this thread could use a laugh.

But, but that is not a Z tune :sly:.

Master_Yoda:

I may be a "backwards thinking redneck" from Michigan, but I can appreciate a good car when I see one. I was simply trying to explain why so many American car fans give the Japanese guys crap when they roll around in their Civics, 240SXs, etc. Living in Michigan, it is completely different than it is in California, and almost everyone has some kind of connection to Ford, GM, or DCX. I'm not going to come out and say that any American car is better than any world car (because they definatley arent), but there are plenty that are just as good, if not better, but the case does not apply to every single model out there.

I attempt to be a "fan" of different cars throughout the world, but Japanese models take the back seat in my situation. I dont care much for the looks, how the performance is generated, and how the overall car turns out. Again, it is my opinion, and yours is different, so, whatever.

...But when you completely tear apart American cars in general without giving any a chance whatsoever, I get mad, just as you did with my rip on Japanese cars.

German Muscle
Manual Boost Controller
Yes, for $50 you can void any and all chance that Nissan even will touch your highly tuned automobile, but don't worry, because highly tuned vehicles never ever break or incur service. That's why Lotus Esprits are cheaper to own than Honda Accords.

Toronado
Yes, for $50 you can void any and all chance that Nissan even will touch your highly tuned automobile, but don't worry, because highly tuned vehicles never ever break or incur service. That's why Lotus Esprits are cheaper to own than Honda Accords.
yes for 50 bucks if your car breaks or you take it in for service you pull both ends of the vacuum line off of the boost controller and put it back to stock. :rolleyes:
Its a JGTC block that are meant for big power and endurance. Its not gonna break if you turn the boost up and tune it.

Just where exactly in Indiana are you going to find a manual boost controler for a 2002 Nissan Skyline GTR Z-Tune? And even at that, for $50?

...$50 bucks on a Z06 buys you gas for a week and a half. It doesnt need any performance upgrades to kick-ass!

YSSMAN
Just where exactly in Indiana are you going to find a manual boost controler for a 2002 Nissan Skyline GTR Z-Tune? And even at that, for $50?

Its just a valve, you could buy a cheap boost controller or just a bleeder valve from a hardware shop, by the way its a 2005 Nismo Skyline GTR Z-tune.

YSSMAN

...$50 bucks on a Z06 buys you gas for a week and a half. It doesnt need any performance upgrades to kick-ass!

:lol: 👍

Maybe it's just me, but that second part was funny.

The Z06 is a great car, but there is no way it could ever match the Z-tune... but is it a fair comparison ? The Z-tune has many parts from the Touring car GT-R, so it is half a race car...
From 0-400 m it is faster than any other production car on this planet, including Ferrari Enzo and Porsche Carrera GT ( Bugatti Veyron might be faster, I'm talking about the release date of the Z-tune ) and the cornering abilities of Skylines are legendary. The TOP speed certainly isn't since its aerodynamics are not that great.
Oh and in BM the Z-tune has beaten a Challenge Stradale in Tsukuba...
I'm sure it has been said before, but I'm in a hurry atm and had no time to read this thread carefully.

Max_DC
The Z06 is a great car, but there is no way it could ever match the Z-tune... but is it a fair comparison ? The Z-tune has many parts from the Touring car GT-R, so it is half a race car...
From 0-400 m it is faster than any other production car on this planet, including Ferrari Enzo and Porsche Carrera GT ( Bugatti Veyron might be faster, I'm talking about the release date of the Z-tune ) and the cornering abilities of Skylines are legendary. The TOP speed certainly isn't since its aerodynamics are not that great.
Oh and in BM the Z-tune has beaten a Challenge Stradale in Tsukuba...
I'm sure it has been said before, but I'm in a hurry atm and had no time to read this thread carefully.

I think maybe you should read the thread carefully. 👍
We've already discussed one Best Motoring race that pretty much proves your statement wrong.

Watch the "Sugo 3-Lap Battle" with the M3CSL, M5, and Gallardo.
That video clearly shows that the Z-tune is almost perfectly even in time trials with a Gallardo ("Time Attack" showed that the Gallardo pulled a faster lap time). (I posted a screen cap of the results and time attack results on page 1 or 2).

So unless the Gallardo suddenly became faster than an Enzo, you're dead-wrong about the Z-tune being faster than an Enzo.
And for that matter, I've also posted a suggestion about watching the Highway Runs "Gallardo vs C6 Z06" video from racing-flix where it is made clear that the Z06 can dog the Gallardo without trouble.

So... If the z-tune is faster than an Enzo...
Enzo < Z-tune < Gallardo < Z06 :confused: :lol:

I'm standing behind what I've already said. 👍
The Z06 is probably faster than the Z-tune (and to add to that... the Enzo is faster than all of them).

SagarisGTB
Morgan is a proper sports car maker?
And try to keep the subject to actual sports car maker, because there are dozens of names, both old and new, that show us concepts of sports/super cars but never make it into production, or make a few examples but go bust because they cant keep it up (ex.Cizeta).

Oh, and the guy who mentioned Spyker, Spykers arent sports cars but are kinky tourers for the rich. Or atleast they arent yet, they handle like crap so Spyker will need to work on that.

Im quite looking forward to the new wave of upper class sports cars in the next few years like the Audi R8, Lotus Esprit, Honda NSX and various Porsche 911 variants.
Yes, Morgan is a sportscar maker, lightweight, not to many luxuries to turn it into a tourer. Performance wise the Aero8 can kick the **** out of a Porsche Cayman S, Lancer EVOVIII FQ340 and Lotus Exige on a track. It fit's the definition of a sportscar in every way. Also every company I mentioned do make road cars, with the exeption of the the Invicta which isn't on sale yet and the Cunningham which isn't on sale yet, but both are scheduled to be. I thnik your blurring the line between sportscar and supercar though, you don't class the Gallardo as a sportscar, but you class the Z06 as one, why? Besides that, I can name several cars that could keep up with the Z06 that cost under &#163;80,000, maybe not win, not all of them anyway, but they're in a similar performance bracket on a track.

As for Spyker, why do they handle like crap exactley? Is it because you don't like them in GT4, that's it isn't it. Because GT4 is real life, I know. They don't handle like supercars, they do handl well. The thing is they're priced like supercars, and expensive ones at that. But they arn't GT's.

I'd love to see your definition of a sportscar, a supercar and a GT, because your all over the place here. No offense, but it would at least give some insight into how you view cars.

Kent
I think maybe you should read the thread carefully. 👍
We've already discussed one Best Motoring race that pretty much proves your statement wrong.

Watch the "Sugo 3-Lap Battle" with the M3CSL, M5, and Gallardo.
That video clearly shows that the Z-tune is almost perfectly even in time trials with a Gallardo ("Time Attack" showed that the Gallardo pulled a faster lap time). (I posted a screen cap of the results and time attack results on page 1 or 2).

So unless the Gallardo suddenly became faster than an Enzo, you're dead-wrong about the Z-tune being faster than an Enzo.
And for that matter, I've also posted a suggestion about watching the Highway Runs "Gallardo vs C6 Z06" video from racing-flix where it is made clear that the Z06 can dog the Gallardo without trouble.

So... If the z-tune is faster than an Enzo...
Enzo < Z-tune < Gallardo < Z06 :confused: :lol:

I'm standing behind what I've already said. 👍
The Z06 is probably faster than the Z-tune (and to add to that... the Enzo is faster than all of them).

I said from 0-400 m (so you also have to read my post carefully ;) ), which of course doesn't say anything about track performance, but it is impressive nevertheless.

Z-tune faster than Enzo (0-400m)

...the Z-tune ran 0-400 meters (a little shorter than a quarter mile) in 10.06 seconds during development. That's more than 6/10 of a second faster than any production car ever tested. And this is no drag car. ...

YSSMAN
Master_Yoda:

I may be a "backwards thinking redneck" from Michigan, but I can appreciate a good car when I see one. I was simply trying to explain why so many American car fans give the Japanese guys crap when they roll around in their Civics, 240SXs, etc. Living in Michigan, it is completely different than it is in California, and almost everyone has some kind of connection to Ford, GM, or DCX. I'm not going to come out and say that any American car is better than any world car (because they definatley arent), but there are plenty that are just as good, if not better, but the case does not apply to every single model out there.

I attempt to be a "fan" of different cars throughout the world, but Japanese models take the back seat in my situation. I dont care much for the looks, how the performance is generated, and how the overall car turns out. Again, it is my opinion, and yours is different, so, whatever.

...But when you completely tear apart American cars in general without giving any a chance whatsoever, I get mad, just as you did with my rip on Japanese cars.

You just cant compare the camraros and mustangs to any japenese car, plainly because they dont make any muscle cars, for example: 350z(3.5), S2000(2.0/2.2), NSX(3.2) and so on.

Americans just make the best bang for the buck........................ :)

Toronado
The Cayman sure is powerful enough to outrun every currently sold Porsche except the 996 GT3, GT2 and Carrera GT. And the second comment, yeah... here you go:
esprit300sport5ay.jpg

They made it for 26 years. It more or less fit that description for 10.
So does this:
Spyker-C8_coupe4b.jpg

A far better proposition than the gussied-up Lambo (which, in turn is a gussied up Audi anyways). It even uses the same engine!

Audi RS4. Close as your gonna get. Also a far better proposition than that gussied up imitation Lambo.

So, the Murcielago isn't fast enough? Neither is the GT2, GT3 or Carrera GT? The Enzo isn't, nor the FXX? Not the SLR McLaren, SL/CL65 AMG or CLK DTM? The MC-12 isn't even fast enough? How fast are you talking? Warp Speed? Do you need a car that can outrun the Millenium Falcon? :sly:

Give me one example made after 1975 that is not a Rover or wodden-chassis Morgan. Cars are unreliable because their owners are incompotent and complain to consumer charting magazines (alternatively, because they are Italian :D ). Even something so complicated as an Esprit will run like clockwork if you treat it right and don't try to make it fail.

I want a car thats is faster than the Z06 not slower and if you read my post properly you would have seen I said excluding hyper cars. The likes of the murcelago, sl65 etc are all too heavy and too comfortable a car to be considered as super sports. Those two cars are smoother on the roads than VW passats and the esprit or spyker isnt exactly gonna break any records as tehy both are just over glorified sports cars. I dont see how you can compare a esprit to an NSX. The NSX has it for dinner. I want faster cars.

Faster, try a T440R or a Typhon, though the Typhon is overkill, and about &#163;15k more than a Z06, 220mph, oh yes. Though one thing I have to question you on, why is it so important to have a faster sportscar, you'll never go as fast as cars slower than the Z06, so why is going even faster such a big thing? I like a car because of a combination of things, the performance is one thing I take into consideration, but only one. For example, would I prefer an Aero8 or a C6, I'll have the Aero8 thanks. Would I prefer a Radical or a C6, I'll have the C6 thanks. Performance isn't the key to a cars greatness unless your looking at records.

As for the new Esprit, what do you have against it, over glorified sportscar, it's going to be a superb performance car. I think it'll be far better than some people think, though that's specualting. As for the Esprit and NSX, does the NSX have it for dinner, er, no, I think you'll find it doesn't, the NSX-R is faster butthe Esprit and NSX arn't too far apart. And I don't think the companies care if you want faster cars, you can't afford them anyway, the car market isn't built around designing cars for people that want somethnig they'll never be able to have, suprising really.

I could win the lottery and buy a CGT.

I said I want a faster car for the point of the thread. An EVO FQ 340 is fast enough for me.

And the esprit cant hold a candle to the NSX-R. It was never anything special, and im not talking about the new esprit but the old one.

I never said the Esprit was as fast as an NSX-R, would I prefer an Esprit to an NSX-R, hell yeah. Was the Esprit special, hell yeah. It was almost a supercar, it was great looking, was popular with people who could afford Ferrari's and it went like stink. The Esprit didn't last almost 2 decades because it wasn't something special, it was an icon.

Back