2006-07 NBA Season(Finals - A Four Game Sweep)

• Thread starter a6m5
  • 529 comments
They'll get over it. Wait until next season and all will be forgiven...just not forgotten. If Dirk fails to deliever next season I'm worried that Cuban will trade him. Where ever he goes that team will be my second favorite automatically.

If the price is right, I'd trade him today(though that's not possible, technically). Yes, it's very easy for the Non-Mavs fan to say that. :D

--------------------------------------------

How about them Spurs? 👍 Suns played real well, Spurs did even better. I can't believe the last time I had so much fun watching Duncan, he was so dominant. Nash was amazing. When he kept coming back in after the collision with Parker, I thought he should just stay on the bench, that he was just distracting his team by coming in, going out, coming back in...... You gotta love the guy's competitiveness though. Had he been able to finish the game on the floor, I think the game could have gone either way. I love Parker and the way he played in that Game 1, but Nash is just (again)amazing.

--------------------------------------------

The Bulls matchup against the Pistons is so bad, the series seems to be already decided. I just can't believe that is the same team that swept the Heat team(in a best-of-seven!) with Shaq and Wade on it. :eek:

I heard that Jazz barely got past the Warriors, so I take it that Baron is playing(while hobbling, I'm sure). Looks like an interesting series.

They'll get over it. Wait until next season and all will be forgiven...just not forgotten. If Dirk fails to deliever next season I'm worried that Cuban will trade him. Where ever he goes that team will be my second favorite automatically.
Dirk has 4 more years on his contract, so while it looks that way, I doubt it.

I'm more worried about Stackhouse leaving. Couldn't care less if Austin left.

I'll have to say this again...Wow the Bulls suck.

Tell me about it. Michael Jordan must be somewhat embarrassed.

Stack needs to stay for at least 1 more year. I don't care what anyone says, he positively contributes and is worth the money. Crosshere I could care less about, at least he's better than Van Horn.

W00t!
Suns have won, and Jazz have won!

Maybe tonight though, the Bulls can win one.
With the Bulls, like, literally, just one win, huh? :D I'm rooting for them, but the first two losses has been delivered in a pretty convincing manner.

I feel bad, I picked them to come from the East before the season started. Guess I was off by 4 games.

I feel good, the wretched lucky Warriors aren't so lucky anymore are they? What did I tell you, the Jazz will beat them. And Boozer is a stud.

I think the Bulls will win one, but I doubt they will win the series. The Pistons won't have a problem till the Finals.

I feel good, the wretched lucky Warriors aren't so lucky anymore are they?
Give it a rest, buddy. I thought that discussion was over. ;)

I think the Bulls will win one, but I doubt they will win the series. The Pistons won't have a problem till the Finals.
Joey, the Suns and the Spurs are playing the Finals already. Nobody told you? :P

Pfft, that's nothing the Pistons come from behind quite a bit. But I am and did expect them to lose this game.

The Bulls still suck and so does Ben Wallace...who as I said sucked when he was on the Pistons. The smartest move Detroit has done in a long time was to get rid of him and his I'm-incapable-of-shooting-basic-free-throws ass.

He's also the reason Ford is losing money, he endorsed their cars (around here) and made people NOT want to buy them.

Once again...Wow the Bulls suck.

So it's not just I'm-incapable-of-shooting-basic-free-throws Ben Wallace...it's the whole freakin team, the fourth was dismal for the Bulls.

They were down by 16 at the half and they win by 7. Like I said Detroit does this all the time.

OK, the Warriors/Jazz series. The first 2 games have been VERY entertaining, and Golden State could just as easily be up 2-0 instead of down 2-0. They had a good shot at winning Game 1, and an even better shot at winning Game 2. But like they showed against Dallas, closing out games appears to be a bit of an issue for them. For anyone who didn't watch/hear, Golden State was up 112-107 with 36 seconds left in game 2. They then went on to miss 3 out of 4 free throws and lose the game by 10 in overtime. I'd say that if anything, the Warriors are showing that their first round "upset" wasn't just luck. They're playing just as well as they did against Dallas, but still with the same late game problems. I'm looking forward to Game 3 tonight. 👍

Anybody watch the Game 3 at San Antonio? I just love it, when the officials goes out of their way to make sure certain team wins. You guys know I'm rooting for the Spurs, but that 4th quarter was just ridiculous. With a little bit more level playing field, Suns had an excellent chance to win that game. :rolleyes:

If they ever play Pussycat Doll NBA remix song while I'm watching a game again I will quit watching basketball for as long as I live.

Anyways I don't think Detroit will win this game, I do however think they will win when they come back to Auburn Hills.

I was wrong about Chicago but right on the money with Utah and San Antonio. Maybe Chicago can come back!

/sarcasm

Chicago won today, but they really look green and not very bright. No wonder the veteran savvy Pistons are having such a easy time in that series.

I agree even when winning the Bulls looked kinda weak, although the Pistons really have no excuse for not winning that game.

Wow, I'm disgusted with the way the Pistons are playing. They are clearly getting way to cocky, they better shape up and get back into the game.

If the Pistons lose to the Bulls I will have lost all respect for them, however if they do end up winning this round I think Cleavland is going to give them some trouble in the next round.

Looks like they just needed me to talk some smack about them or something. :lol: Again today at work, me and my coworker(Joey'll like him, he's a Pistons fan) were talking about how Chicago don't look too good, even in that sole win they had, and how they should just fade out of the Playoffs tonight. :sly: Good to finally see the "weak" Pistons though. I think they were the only team in all of the Playoffs that looked invincible, so far.

How about that bodycheck by Horry, last night? I like Big Shot Bob, but he should have known better. It's not like I was out on the floor, so I don't know if Nash wronged him somehow(Nash is a sneaky bastard, which I can respect! :D:tup: ). Either way, it was foolish. I guess the Canadians and the NHL fans don't mind the action though, eh? :P

Go Jazz!(I'm seeing if I can jinx them, too)

Edit:
I just read that Horry got suspended for two games, while Suns will lose Diaw and Stoudemire for a game a piece. Ouch! Spurs gotta take the Game 5 in this situation, they have to make Suns pay with that kind of frontcourt advantage.

I don't know if I agree with the suspensions though. Suns players knew that they were supposed to stay put on the bench in the case of fight, that's true, but the end result favors the instigator 100%. That just might've been the biggest "shot" Horry hit in the entire Playoffs!

Well Golden State is out, unfortunately. I will agree that they played rather poorly offensively(sp?) but defensively they did rather nice. But they can't beat both Utah and the refs. :rolleyes: And I got to give Kirilenko a round of applause for some good acting. 👎

Good riddance to the luckiest team in basketball--oh well I guess the FORMERLY luckiest team. The Warriors are still crybaby drama queens who need a lesson on good sportsmanship and general maturity. They, once again proved to be very immature and hot-headed. There is no excuse for those grown men to act like crybabies on every called foul--and fouls THEY feel that were but weren't called. Golden State take a lesson from Utah--grow up and maybe you'll get somewhere. They're luck from 3pt land finally expired, and I'm thrilled.

And Andrei was not acting, if anyone was acting it was Jackson and Davis--ACTING LIKE FOOLS. The Warriors comitted so many cheap and flagrant fouls that I'm surprised that more weren't called. With the Heat and Warriors out I don't feel as bad about my team being eliminated. Mainly because we will be back and those two teams most likely won't. I'm sick of watching the Warriors act like little children at every god damned foul 20 times a game. Jerry Sloan has Utah focused and controlled. Not once did I see a Utah player act like a whining child like I did with every Golden State player. The better team won, Golden State should thank the god they believe in that they even GOT to the second round. They'll be lucky to win 42 next season.

And I'll say what I said earlier in the season--before the All-Star game; Utah should be a team to be feared if you are Dallas, San Antonio, or Phoenix. They would of played the Mavs to 6 or 7 games for sure if they would of played each other.

You said that before the All-Star break? That is amazing foresight.

Well, Utah is definitely on a roll. They shouldn't stand a chance against the Suns or the Spurs, but like in the first round, Golden State shouldn't have turned the Mavs into a first round knockout, so there you go.

JCE, I see you are still blaming the Mavs loss on luck, but if you want a see a lucky team, that's Spurs, man. One role player for the entire frontline of the Suns. Amazingly lucky.

Well I don't feel like going into any arguement about it because clearly our opinions are different, and in one form or another biased. But yes the Warriors did play poorly and relied too much (or completely) on the 3pt line which was a terrible mistake.

You said that before the All-Star break? That is amazing foresight.

Well, Utah is definitely on a roll. They shouldn't stand a chance against the Suns or the Spurs, but like in the first round, Golden State shouldn't have turned the Mavs into a first round knockout, so there you go.

JCE, I see you are still blaming the Mavs loss on luck, but if you want a see a lucky team, that's Spurs, man. One role player for the entire frontline of the Suns. Amazingly lucky.

Search this topic, I believe I posted about Utah in it early. And I'm not blaming the Mavs loss only on the Warriors' lucky shooting, I still maintain Avery and the players didn't have the same focus the last month of the regular season and the 1st round of the playoffs.

Well I don't feel like going into any arguement about it because clearly our opinions are different, and in one form or another biased. But yes the Warriors did play poorly and relied too much (or completely) on the 3pt line which was a terrible mistake.

+1 to the bolded text. But, that is completely their style of play for the most part--they really can't do anything else. Utah can play fast and slow--just like the Mavs could. Utah just has a better more physically active center. 👍

Latest Posts

Back