2006-07 NBA Season(Finals - A Four Game Sweep)

• Thread starter a6m5
  • 529 comments
Rondo has been all over every set of pre-season highlights I've seen. He's looked good.

Now back to my Raptors. I'm trying so hard to stop myself from getting excited for this year's team. I think this is the best group of players they've had in a while, but when you're used to a team being terrible every year, you try not to get your hopes up. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. Go Raptors.

Roy did real well in the Summer League, but he sure is getting the reality check in the exhibition games. I got to go to the Blazers versus the Jazz, tonight. He passes well, defense is OK, especially considering that he's a rookie. But he is having hard time scoring. Maybe not exactly hard time, but he just isn't scoring like a rookie of the year. I'd still consider him a candidate for ROY though.

In this game, it was the first time I saw AK-47, Kirilenko, play in person. Not a bad player. :D Our Zach Randolph looked better though(how often does that happen?). When Zach hustles and are willing to move the ball, good things happen. Although we were shorthanded, we hung in for the close win tonight. Both teams had over 50 points in the first half, 114-110, Final, so it was a very fun game to watch. Go Blazers!

Holy crap, did you guys see the Heat's championship rings? They're so incredibly ghetto, it's hilarious. I really think they were going after the design with a pragmatic approach. :lol: !

Too bad the Heat are down by 30 points right now. Looks like they have diamonds on their minds. :rolleyes:

Holy crap, did you guys see the Heat's championship rings? They're so incredibly ghetto, it's hilarious. I really think they were going after the design with a pragmatic approach. :lol: !

Too bad the Heat are down by 30 points right now. Looks like they have diamonds on their minds. :rolleyes:
They were playing Bulls, weren't they? Yessssssssss! I'm no Bulls fan, but that Bulls roster with the addition of Ben Wallace is exciting, until they play your team.

Ben Wallace really isn't a big deal. The heat are only down because they can't shoot or defend today. Ben Gordon even broke Dwyane's ankles on the Bulls' second drive of the game.

Ben Wallace really isn't a big deal. The heat are only down because they can't shoot or defend today. Ben Gordon even broke Dwyane's ankles on the Bulls' second drive of the game.
I just saw the box, and looks like the whole Bulls team showed up today. It looked like everybody did something.

I don't know how Big Ben did in this game, but usually, he is a big deal. Presence, a mobile one at that, can totally change the other teams offense. Blocker and defensive stopper like Ben can seriously hinder your offense, takes away your easy baskets(i.e. you better make some jump shots).

I see my man Khryapa did alright. We(Blazers ;)) lost him in the draft day trade, but he is a smart, hustle player. I think he had 5 points, 4 boards, 2,3 assists, *cough*couple of turnovers*cough*, and a steal or something. I wish we still had him. Great player off the bench. 👍

72329625sd6.jpg

72329642ck6.jpg

Heat rings. They're almost the size of an average person's palm.

Yeah, they're cool. They're just so damn big, though. I don't see how you could wear it every single day.

Dang. Blazers won! 👍

110-106 over the Sonics, Final. 110 points, all in the regulation. No overtime. :D They shot so well, I couldn't believe I was watching the Blazers. Zach Randolph scored(30 points), passed, rebounded, and hustled. Our rookie Brandon Roy was solid. He did have 3 turnovers, but 20 points on 10/16 and not one of those came from free throws(that's how many of the "NBA stars" score :rolleyes: ). Considering this was his first NBA regular season game, going head-to-head against one of the best SG in the league, Ray Allen(who put up similar numbers), I'd say he did real well.

Just about all the Blazers played well from the starters to the bench players(Dixon 8/10 FG! :confused: :crazy: :eek: ), but I was most glad about Travis Outlaw. This is his breakout season. We've been waiting for this, and after a big game in the preseason, when this usually shy and quiet kid told the reporters that he used to be afraid of making mistakes on the court, but he's gonna make some anyway, so he wasn't gonna worry about it anymore and just run all over the court, I believed him. I still can't believe this highflying, monster jamming player with a last name like "Outlaw" is so reserved, quiet. :lol:

How about them Raptors? Chris Bosh looked great today, hopefully we'll get another All-Star caliber season from him. And how about Allen Iverson? He never ceases to amaze me with how he scores so much year after year. I do have one question regarding the NBA though. Why is Kobe Bryant wearing #24? Did I miss something?

How about them Raptors? Chris Bosh looked great today, hopefully we'll get another All-Star caliber season from him. And how about Allen Iverson? He never ceases to amaze me with how he scores so much year after year. I do have one question regarding the NBA though. Why is Kobe Bryant wearing #24? Did I miss something?
I heard that Bargnani(I hope I spelled it right) stumbled in his first game. Limited to 4 points or something, I can't remember, except it wasn't good. I still hope to see him play soon though, against the Blazers. :D

As for Kobe's jersey number, I remember during the last season, ABC commentator or somebody like that said that Kobe's #8 came from the Suns coach, Mike D'Antoni. D'Antoni used to play in Italy, where, of course, Kobe grew up as a kid. D'Antoni supposedly was a star player over there, and Kobe's favorite player, I believe. They mentioned this, probably doing the Suns-Lakers Playoff Series, last year. I believe that they did say that Kobe was going to wear a different number in the upcoming season. I forgot all about that.

How are your teams?

My team: Blazers are 4-3, which is better than expected.

One of our rookies, No.2 pick in the NBA Draft, LaMarcus Aldridge finally played last night. 19 minutes, 10 points and 8 rebounds with no turnover, 2 fouls. Not bad. I'm very excited about our new Blazers. :)

I went to the Blazers - Nets game today. First time I got to see J Kidd and Air Canada (:D). Vincent blew up for 35 points, as he couldn't miss. Blazers rallied to win by 3. Great game, playoff atmosphere. Blazers really overcame the poor officiating, not bad for a young team. 👍

Here goes. I'm pretty sure this is my first quadruple post. After the departure of Giancarlo and Saleen Man from gtplanet, it's pretty much me talking to myself here. :lol: Maybe I should change the title of the thread to a6m5's NBA Journal. :dunce:

Game I went to today was the Suns at Portland, with only the Suns showing up. :ouch: Really poor officiating(not that Suns needed their help), Blazers defense non-existent, many a-hole Suns fans, it really wasn't a great night for me. At least the Blazers club dinner was good, and this:

New for this year in Portland. They have replaced the little blimp with this flying Ford Edge Crossover SUV. Pretty cool. :D

After the departure of Giancarlo and Saleen Man from gtplanet, it's pretty much me talking to myself here. :lol:

*snip*

New for this year in Portland. They have replaced the little blimp with this flying Ford Edge Crossover SUV. Pretty cool. :D

I'm here, just kinda bummed out by the Heat's slow start. Plus i've had work and not much time to go online. :)

Whoa what the hell is that? A real car floating around the arena?

Good to see you, buddy. 👍

Neat, isn't it? :D That's our new blimp. It's just in the shape of the new Ford Edge. At that Suns game, it came within few feet of hitting the stand-full of fans. I think the blimp pilot/driver guy is still getting used to the controls.

I'm kind of surprised by the Heat. The team did depend heavily on older veterans. Maybe they finally ran out of gas, maybe they are saving their energy for the second half of the season. I'm betting on the latter.

How about tmy mother ****in' MAVERICKS baby!

10 game win streak. I'll admit they got lazy in the 3rd QTR allowing a 20 point lead come to a tie, but the game will in 93 to 87!

Like the Suns, they had extremely slow start though. Are season series tied against the Spurs? I think they are 1-1. I'd pay to see the Mavs vs. Spurs in the Western Conference Finals again. 👍

I'm kind of surprised by the Heat. The team did depend heavily on older veterans. Maybe they finally ran out of gas, maybe they are saving their energy for the second half of the season. I'm betting on the latter.

Yeah i guess so. I'm just happy our first (and only) player drafted out of high school, Dorell Wright, is finally getting some minutes. :D

321346dc-3b15-423f-8c46-2a550c08b56e.jpg

hpg0607_061124_wright2.jpg

Like the Suns, they had extremely slow start though. Are season series tied against the Spurs? I think they are 1-1. I'd pay to see the Mavs vs. Spurs in the Western Conference Finals again. 👍

They beat the Spurs on the first game, amazingly, but I believe the Spurs still have a better series out of all the Texas teams.

It's still 2nd QTR now, but I think the Mavs are really showing their skill. At Sacremento at this minute they are at 21-41. And Terry must be drinking 3-point juice because his last 3 shots have all been 3-points making it 5 3-pointers in a row (and now 21-43).

3d QTR - Sac: 45 Dal: 75 w/ 6:35 left.

I'm a little bit disappointed in the Kings, today. They're usually a lot better than Toronto, though Dallas beat them by almost 30 points. I highly doubt the Mavs can break the winning streak record, but we haven't trailed in the last 4 games which is good. They're on the road now though, so it'll be something to see on how they do.

What's their franchise record for consecutive wins?

This site in one paragraph reports they were one of the first to have 50.
http://www.nba.com/mavericks/history/mavs_history.html

Looking at this sight though, it's amazing. 26 years ago, they sucked...big time, and now they've been turning it around.

Dallas lost :(. 97-106. However, I am still proud of them. Everyone knew they wouldn't win every game, however, I am proud because in 10 minutes, we went from a 30 point loss to a 9 point loss. Had we 5 more minutes, we may have won it. Next up is the Pistons I believe.

EDIT:
Dallas takes out the New Jersey Nets, now 7-10, with another amazing lead at 92-75. This means Dallas is now 13-5 tied with San Antonio knocking the Lakers out of the top 3. :D

Latest Posts

Back