2008 Beijing Olympic Games

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 256 comments
If you don't want to know Olympics results, don't visit the Olympics thread. 💡

That's like saying if you don't want to know the ending of the movie then don't visit it's thread. You wanna know who's in the movie and what's going on, but you don't want to know the plot twists or the ending.

With the exception of maybe olympic boxing (which has been a joke this time), any activity that requires a panel of judges to score isn't a 'sport' in my eyes.

Rhythmic gymnastics, synchronized swimming, diving, dressage, figure skating, ski jumping, drifting... Most of these i'd class as dancing. Dancing isn't sport, it's an unfortunate and badly judged by-product of drinking too much alcohol IMO.

Yeah, that's why I said would you prefer all sports and no contests. My idea of a sport is something that can be judged by an objectively measurement, (times, goals, distance, etc.) whereas anything else that depends on a subjective measurement (rating, preference) is just a contest.

Just watching womens beach volleyball on the telly... its raining heavily and all their clothing has gone see though! :lol: ... and they slap each others asses when they score....:dopey:

This is an olympic sport?!!! :sly:

Robin

That's like saying if you don't want to know the ending of the movie then don't visit it's thread. You wanna know who's in the movie and what's going on, but you don't want to know the plot twists or the ending.
A movie is not a live event.

It was refreshing to see Bolt actually trying in the 200m :D But damn he's an arrogant git :lol:

Well for safety I wouldn't go into a thread if I was planning to see a movie. Everything you need to know prior can be found in professional sources on the web.

2zdye5y.jpg

:lol:

Just watching womens beach volleyball on the telly... its raining heavily and all their clothing has gone see though! :lol: ... and they slap each others asses when they score....:dopey:

This is an olympic sport?!!! :sly:

It's just too bad there weren't any attractive women playing at the time. :indiff:

I'm finally gonna decide Misty May is NOT cute too.

That Cuban guy was awesome in the 110 metres hurdles final, he stormed off from the others!

That Cuban guy was awesome in the 110 metres hurdles final, he stormed off from the others!

Dayron Robles, yeah. It's a damn shame Liu Xiang couldn't race him.

I'm finally gonna decide Misty May is NOT cute too.

Nah I still think shes hot :sly:

Gosh and that blunder for the UK mens relay, what the hell was pickering thinking starting so bloody early, it was impossible to catch up with him and now its a DQ! :(

Robin

Nah I still think shes hot :sly:

Gosh and that blunder for the UK mens relay, what the hell was pickering thinking starting so bloody early, it was impossible to catch up with him and now its a DQ! :(

Robin

Blah...US screwed up the baton pass...very disappointing

edit: Great victory by the US over Russia in volleyball. They won the first two sets then lost the next two. Then they were tied 13-13 in the tiebreaker.

Last edited:
Blah...US screwed up the baton pass...very disappointing

Yep both us men and women are out because of baton drops, both where odds on for a medal too.

edit: Great victory by the US over Russia in volleyball. The won the first two sets then lost the next two. Then they were tied 13-13 in the tiebreaker.

That was a stunning match, so close. I'm glad the US took the win too.

lolcry.gif
Oh man... I'm sorry. It's just too funny.[horse voice]I didn't take any drugs knowingly that my trainer would've given me[/horse voice] Ha ha! get it? horse voice? ha hahahaha

Well at least someone found it funny....

Anyone see that Phelps lookalike?... Steve Parry now a BBC presenter apparently looks identical too him and he has been getting linched by like everyone, one of the american networks gave him a team USA cap and jersey..

These vids are hilarious!.....:lol: Im not Micheal Phelps! Im not Micheal Phelps! :sly:

p.s. Gabby Logan looks gorgeous!

Robin

G.T
Oh yeah, the boxing is terrible. Because the system is so bad I found myself looking at the scores half the time and missing the shots that counted!

Reventón;3124620
Someone mind telling me who's judging the boxing rounds? I fail to see how China has now somehow managed to grow boxers who can defeat Russia & the U.K.'s best that easy.

AIBA have launched an investigation into the judging in the boxing now.

AIBA have launched an investigation into the judging in the boxing now.

I bet China paid off the judges.

They might be losing a couple of medals since the IOC also launched an investigation into the age of the female gymnasts.

I don't know why, but I still refuse to watch the Beijing Olympic Games. Just ahead of the start of the Games, I watched a series of documentaries about China and the right's people have, which is basically none. Farmers thrown out of their houses, innocent citizens still getting killed, 5 year old children taken away from their parents, doing nothing but training all day long. I guess I'm just a complete anti-China guy...

I don't know why, but I still refuse to watch the Beijing Olympic Games. Just ahead of the start of the Games, I watched a series of documentaries about China and the right's people have, which is basically none. Farmers thrown out of their houses, innocent citizens still getting killed, 5 year old children taken away from their parents, doing nothing but training all day long. I guess I'm just a complete anti-China guy...
You just now figured that out?

tianasquare.jpg

This is far from news.

EDIT: That happened two months before you were born.

Back