2008 Beijing Olympic Games

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 256 comments
Anyone see the sham in the Taekwondo semi-finals? Sarah Stevenson kicked the Chinese fighter in the head in the dying seconds which would have given her two points and the win. The judges didnt score it, make your own conclusions.

Then after an appeal from GB they see there mistake and re instate her into the semi. The crowd then seem to Boo everything she did, when really it wasn't her fault.

I wouldn't go that far, I'd like to think the judges have cleanly and fairly judged everything. But sometimes you just have to wonder about these...

Finally we beat USA in a final! We had already lost on women's football and men's beach volley, I'm glad the girls from our volley team got the gold medal. Tonight it's men's volleyball final. Brazil vs USA again. :D

Taekwondo again.

Matos lost the Bronze medal match in Repechage due to expiry of Kye-shi time (medical time out). He was injured whilst competing. After the winner was declared as Arman Chilmanov of Kazakhstan, Matos kicked referee Chakir Chelbat in the face, drawing blood from the referee's mouth, and also pushed a judge and spat on the floor.

He was banned for life.

Taekwondo again.

Matos lost the Bronze medal match in Repechage due to expiry of Kye-shi time (medical time out). He was injured whilst competing. After the winner was declared as Arman Chilmanov of Kazakhstan, Matos kicked referee Chakir Chelbat in the face, drawing blood from the referee's mouth, and also pushed a judge and spat on the floor.

He was banned for life.
The last guy I saw assault a ref at a karate tournament left on a stretcher. I'm disappointed the same didn't appy here.

Have you seen the video? :lol: The guy who won decided to run around the ring with his national flag and basically rub it in his face before promptly running away.

Seen the vid but may of the good ones have been taken down by youtube...

I can guess that flash games will be made like Zidanes Headbut! :lol:

It was kind of funny to hear about, but at the same time very disapionting if an athlete has a complaint there are ways and means of persuing that, as Team GB proved in the Taekwondo, but one thing it does show is another person greatly dissapointed in judging standards this games. The Irish guy against the Chinese guy in the boxing also looked like very one sided judging. The funny thing is I dont even think the judges are chinese but I have my doubts about the judging standards displayed this game, particularly when there are chinese competitors involved, of course in this particular incident there where no chinese competitior involved.

Last edited:
The funny thing is I dont even think the judges are chinese but I have my doubts about the judging standards displayed this game, particularly when there are chinese competitors involved.

Yeah I don't think they are and they probably wouldn't use Chinese judges in a match where a Chinese athlete would be competing (as with literally every other sport on earth) to ensure impartiality. As for the quality of the judging I havent really seen any issue but others have... I guess we will have to see what comes of those investigations, particularity the ones in boxing.

Thanks for the vid link only in f1 👍

Robin

2vdpi60.jpg

:ill:

They talked about it while the Beijing Marathon was going on...

Edit: Anyone got video of the 400m relay w/ Bolt...? I can't find a decent VIDEO of the
censored.gif
race... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I would watch the basketball game, but I have to sleep. I'm expecting the US to win, but I'm not putting a lose out of the question.

Thanks dOOd! Invisible +rep to ya!

I'm gonna go pick up my jaw once again... :dopey:

Edit:

I would watch the basketball game, but I have to sleep. I'm expecting the US to win, but I'm not putting a lose out of the question.

I absolutely hate basketball, but it there was nothing on and it was pretty fun watching Spain make those arrogant bastards sweat for most of the game. They may have one but Spain owned them on some of the battles.

Last edited:
Yeah they say he rocked, and I'm sure he did.

*sigh*... I am still hopeful that one day, they'll (LedZep) get together and do a tour that includes the states... :(

:lol: Boris looks such a mess!

He had his suit jacket undone when everyone else had it buttoned up and he didn't know where to put his hands...:sly: he kept wanting to put them in his pocket! He looked like he was waiting for a bus... which is ironic.. :lol:

The closing ceremony was spectacular as ever and the UK segment was actually really good... Beckham's ball managed to find one of Beijing volunteers.. nice touch!

Robin

Wow, the UK's performance was...ummm interesting. And who let Leona Lewis sing "Whole Lot of Love"?

Wow, the UK's performance was...ummm interesting. And who let Leona Lewis sing "Whole Lot of Love"?
The British performance was blatantly....British :D

*The double decker bus.

*The little girl representing Britain's children. She takes the ball of the 'world's' children and then crosses a zebra crossing (more British imagery), and gets on the bus.

*The London skyline was made of hay. Hay brings imagery of farmland, rolling hills, greenery, etc..

BTW...It's "Whole Lotta Love". Just saying ;)

Last edited:
I just finished watching the closing. I almost cried. It was really exciting and beautiful. The athletes must feel so proud of themselves. A tear came out when I was watching the credits with the "highlights."

I guess you're a very emotional guy. Hell, I would have cried if I saw Page/Plant/Jones play "When The Levee Breaks" together. :lol:

Back