2008 Belgian Grand Prix

• Thread starter PeterJB
  • 493 comments
Woohoo! Rain expected in 20 minutes!
Go Alonso! Go Bourdais!
Massa get out the pits after Hamilton, 3rd.
EDIT I: Kubica does a bad pit stop.
EDIT II: Starts the rain, starts the fun.

Last edited:
I'm seriously ruing not having live timing during the commercial breaks here :/

Rain with 10 mins to go will make it interesting, Hamilton is already closing down Raikkonen at a rate of knots.

Live Results:

Kimi 1st
Lewis 2nd
Massa 3rd
Alonso 4th
Bourdais 5th
Vettel 6th
Heilfeld 7th
Kubica 8th

Hamilton almost spins and loses time.
And continues raining!

Hamilton passes Raikkonen and jumps the chicane!
Damn! This is exciting!

Last edited:
Wet track + dry tyres = fun!
It's raining a lot! Hamilton in the grass and Raikonen spins!
Raikkonen out! Alonso on boxes!
Hamilton is going very slow and with caution!
Final results:

Hamilton 1st
Massa 2nd
Heilfeld 3rd
Alonso 4th

FUUUUUUUUUU- Alonso ALMOST gets on the poduim ON THE DAMN FINISH LINE! YOU HAVE TO SEE IT! HEILFELD AND ALONSO WERE SIDE TO SIDE!

WHAT A CRAZY RACE!

Last edited:
HOLY S**T
first 2 and last 2 lap was INSANE!
Dear God thank you so much for that rain.

By the way heidfeld with intermediate tyres smart choice ;)

I'd much rather Massa win the championship than Kimi, I'm very glad he kept it on the track.

Oh Kimi!!!!! Why Kimi, why........ :( It was just terrible luck that he lost it just almost on the last lap. 👎 Anyhow, I think that really cements him at Ferrari as the 2nd driver now, as Massa is their only hope for the WDC at the end of the season. Also a brilliant last minute drive by Heidfeld and Alonso. Heidfeld manage to catch up and overtake both of the Toro Rosso driver on that last lap! :eek: Alonso did make a bad decision to change to wet tires on the last lap, but it nearly paid off. If he changed a lap earlier, he could have finish better than 4th I reckon.

Anyhow, Spa never fails to disappoint. Please let F1 race here for as long as I live! :D

That was a nail biting finish to a Grand Prix if ever there was one! :eek: best moment in the race for me was the part where Lewis had to let Kimi retake the lead after the contact and he ran across the run off area ... as soon as he let him retake the lead he was instantly back up his ass and a quick flick to take the lead again was a brilliant move and wicked to watch 👍

Driver of the day for me was Bourdais as he really performed great the whole race and only really put a foot wrong in the final laps due to rain .. stellar effort from him in amongst the better teams for sure 👍 I was hoping he would get the final podium place as he was defo on for it until he messed up :(

Definitely a race to remember :cheers:

LOL.. seems you got a problem with Hamilton.
The crowd cheered him wildly on the podium, and in the press conference he told it how it was...

cheered him wildy?
have you been there or did you hear what I've heard from TV?

about conference he said that raikkonen could have been more honestly. Isnt it bitching or what?

Back