2008 Brazilian Grand Prix

• Thread starter PeterJB
  • 518 comments
You do realise that Clive James only did the commentary on the season review videos? He was then able to write a script as he knew what was going to happen.

I had no idea. It was some 6 years before I was born, just came across it on another forum. Still fantastic though, I'd be happy if they got him to do season reviews again. I was laughing very hard at a lot of that, and thought I'd chuck it on here in case others hadn't heard him (or of him, like me) before.

I loved watching that. 1979 to 1983 is my favourite F1 era. All that cars look different to each other instead of the identikit cars the rules force teams into these days.

1982, however, is a dark year, because of Gilles Villeneuve and Riccardo Palleti. :indiff:

Anyway, I was watching this video and in the "related videos" I found this gem about the 1982 Monaco GP:

As a youtube user pointed out, James Hunt was very funny in his line:

"We've got this ridiculous situation, we're all sitting about the start/finish line waiting for a winner to come past and we don't seem to be getting one!"

:lol:

I'd heard about that race, it was nuts! I'm no fan of Pironi after the Villeneuve saga which was never really solved, but I just cant believe how many leaders went out :lol:

Perfect example of Commentators Curse going on there, especially by Murray, every time he described how well someone was doing, they broke down or spun off!

They were so different for a very simple reason: Nobody had a real idea what was actually the fastest way to do it. With today's advanced designs, they all look so similar simply because that's the fastest design possible under the regs. Under the rules of the early '80s, after five-six years of CAD, CFD and windtunnel work we'd have the majority of the grid looking nearly identical, too.

They were so different for a very simple reason: Nobody had a real idea what was actually the fastest way to do it.

Even so, I'm still amazed Derek Daly was in contention for the win (albeit a lap down) with no rear wing.

Latest Posts

Back