2008 European Championships (England not included)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 253 comments
Somewhere, my GTP buddy and Gran Turismo insider, amar212, is smiling after Croatia's upset win over Germany. Something you learn about soccer/football is that ANYTHING can happen. I still remember when Dave A talked about how Yokohama F-Marinos of the J-League upset Manchester United.

I was watching ESPN2 highlights of the European Championships, and I couldn't help but laugh at how a goal by Poland means that someone gets some fine booze to drink. I think it ended in a one-one tie, but I'm sure the big winner was whomever it was that got drunk for the night thanks to a Poland goal!

Just my rambling. :lol: You all can carry on.

:eek:

3-1

EDIT: and it finishes 4-1. Great game!

7 goals against the 2 finalists of the World Cup. :eek:

Today Holland played brilliant as an team. I have no idea what kind of drugs Van Basten gave them, but heck give them more:D

Appie, when I changed my avatar to that (<<<) 2 weeks before the Championships started you said, and I quote:

"Why are you saying Holland are gunna win? They are crap."

Eat your words Mr Appie :D:D!

Good game 👍

Ow wow, me issi kwite happie nouw. :P

Edit> Will we Dutch let the Romanians win the next match or will we give the French and Italians a chance....
I would go for honour and beat the romanians too and take the risk to face either the french or italians again. :)

The home country is doing great... I'm so happy right now! Although I think these soccer games are bad for me, I end up spending all afternoon inside to watch...

:eek: 4-1? 🤬 That is a tough team to crack. Didn't watch the game cause my local tv isn't broadcasting any game after 2am. :banghead: Well, the Italy vs. Romania game was boring, ending with a 1-1 draw. But Adrian Mutu should have scored that penalty, what a wasted chance. Then their next game is gonna be against Holland, so its a no brainer..... :dunce:

Not really, Holland are already through so not a lot rests on that game from thier point of view. For Romania though, a win gaurentees they get second spot and are through so a lot rests on it for them.

Not really, Holland are already through so not a lot rests on that game from thier point of view. For Romania though, a win gaurentees they get second spot and are through so a lot rests on it for them.
Well I hope so. Don't think Holland is gonna stop scoring though. They scored 7 goals in their last 2 games..... :eek:

I'm really looks forward to the match later tonight, I think Portugal are through into the QF, but it would be interesting how Turkey is gonna fight them. The Swiss vs. Czech is gonna be entertaining as well..... 👍

I'm really looks forward to the match later tonight, I think Portugal are through into the QF, but it would be interesting how Turkey is gonna fight them. The Swiss vs. Czech is gonna be entertaining as well..... 👍

I think you’re confused. Swiss vs. Czech ended 0 – 1 (winning Czech) and Portugal Turkey ended 2 – 0 (Winning Portugal).
The next Group A match will be Czech – Turkey (that I think it will be a interesting match, since both can make it to the 2nd place, but I think Czech will win 1~2 -0) and Portugal – Swiss (that maybe won’t be a so interesting match (I may be wrong) since Portugal is already in the quarter finals and Swiss is out of the tourney. And they are playing on Sunday.

Today:
Sweden – Spain should be a pretty interesting match and a very difficult match to get a result. I think 2 – 1 (winning Spain).
Greece – Russian it would be maybe a boring match, since all Greece matches are pretty boring (I almost felt asleep at the Greece Sweden game), but I hope the Russians win the game, since we don’t want to confront Greece in far of the tournament, since Portugal never won against Greece.

LdS
I think you’re confused. Swiss vs. Czech ended 0 – 1 (winning Czech) and Portugal Turkey ended 2 – 0 (Winning Portugal).
The next Group A match will be Czech – Turkey (that I think it will be a interesting match, since both can make it to the 2nd place, but I think Czech will win 1~2 -0) and Portugal – Swiss (that maybe won’t be a so interesting match (I may be wrong) since Portugal is already in the quarter finals and Swiss is out of the tourney. And they are playing on Sunday.

Today:
Sweden – Spain should be a pretty interesting match and a very difficult match to get a result. I think 2 – 1 (winning Spain).
Greece – Russian it would be maybe a boring match, since all Greece matches are pretty boring (I almost felt asleep at the Greece Sweden game), but I hope the Russians win the game, since we don’t want to confront Greece in far of the tournament, since Portugal never won against Greece.
Yeah, I think I got it totally mixed up. :dunce: But I'm sure Spain is going through as well as Sweden (I think) and I also hope Russia would win against Greece.......

LdS
Today:

:lol:
Interesting match: Wrong
Spain Winning 2 – 1: Right :D 👍

Now, let’s see the Russians winning 3 – 1

(And Portugal winning the cup :P)

That was a come back and a half for Turkey, what was it, 10-15 mins to go near enough and your 2-0 down then you end up winning 3-2.

Czec let it happen mind, they sat back and invited Turkey to attack them and they wern't defending very well then Petr missed that shot he could have saved, then he dropped the ball which he would have been better off punching out and then that fianl goal a couple of minuets later which was a really good shot.

Awesome game. I couldn't see Turkey getting a goal, no matter 3. I'd put my life on Cech to take that cross. The last goal was a beasty finish.

I bet some scouts have their eyes on Nihat now. :lol: Does he play that well for Villareal?

Hes a decent player. He was taken from a Turkish team to Spain becuase of the quality he has shown tonight. Newcastle have been linked with him I believe in the past.

I'm just gutted that Portugal lost. 👎
But hey, both Portugal and Turkey are going into the quarter finals! :D :dopey:

I stopped watching when the Czechs went 2 nil up... :(
ROFL... So did I, but since there was pretty much nothing else on the TV, I switched back and didn't miss the Turkey comeback... Feel bad for Cech, but I'm sure he will bounce back :P

LdS
They were playing with the B Team, not the A Team. There were only 3/2 players from the A Team, the rest were all the substitutes.

Yeah it was only Ricardo, Ferreira and Pepe from the A team playing...a good chance to give the big players a rest because it's looking likely we'll be playing Germany next. It was nice to see Switzerland win anyway, last game for their coach and he got a good sending off.

How amazing was the Turkey game though! The Turks have shown they can come back twice now (albeit this comeback was mostly Cech's fault) and Croatia better watch out...

LdS
They were playing with the B Team, not the A Team. There were only 3/2 players from the A Team, the rest were all the substitutes.

There were 16 and a half players on the pitch? :confused:

LdS

Well, I didn't see the game so I don't really know what happened. :P
But anyhow, tonights game between Austria vs. Germany as well as Poland vs. Croatia is going to decide whos going into the quarter finals..... (Just hope Germany would lose.... :D) But again, I'm not gonna watch this cause I have school tomorrow morning. :guilty:

LdS

There were 16 and a half players on the pitch? :confused:

:lol: You understand (I hope).

Anyway Germany &#8211; Austria is going to begin in 45 minutes, and it is really a game not to lose (IMO), since the winner will play against Portugal in the Quarter Final (and I hope it is Austria, but I doubt it).

The German TV measured the shot with 130 km/h, a foreign TV station with 122.

Holy 🤬 If the keeper tried to save it, it would be like getting hit by a cannon ball..... :crazy:

But yeah, the results:

Austria 0-1 Germany 👎
Poland 0-1 Croatia :D

Hey, now at least Croatia is getting somewhere..... but now, the important matches tonight:

Netherlands vs. Romania (lets hope Romania wins this :D)
France vs. Italy (lets hope both team manage a draw, a sure FAIL for the 2006 World cup finalists. 👎)

I just can see the headlines saying both world cup finalists fails to make an impression in Euro 2008. Serves them right for having such an old team.... :D

Back