2009 GT5P Updates Wishlist!

I like to think the updated physics modified the gameplay a lot.👍 I’m a 100% with the people who are asking for private rooms, and believe Polyphony is well aware of the demand now. Hopefully, we will see better online features in a near future. I think Home is a piece of software that Sony can’t afford to miss. I’m convinced it will help consolidate it’s (Home) Entertainment market for many, many years, and may have an influence on gamer/people behaviors that will awake many anthropologist's interest. I don’t think this is just another freebie software, I see this as the key of a new era in the console gaming industry. I can understand the delays, as I can only partially understand the issues involved with this colossal project. Sony needs to launch a rocketproof gem for this, and I’m confident Mr. Kazunori and his team would get the most polished luster out of it.:)

It's a simple equation, the PS3 is lacking AAA exclusives, particularly in the racing genre. GT5P, with regular, significant updates, will fill that void and continue to bring in new players until GT5 arrives.

Sony and PD must realise a headline grabbing update is needed to drive Christmas hardware sales and bring back the excitement, otherwise the GT franchise will be buried until GT5's release.

The days of AAA exclusives are dying out though, due to higher development costs and - at the moment - relatively small console install bases (compared to the eventual install base of the PS2).

If I worked for PD and visited these forums to get an idea from the people who pay my wages (which we all do) I'd report back and say somthing along the lines of

"Hey you know what? All of our customers really want to know if there is any more content going to be released for the Spec 3 update and they are now playing GT5P less often because they are bored with the game - How about we give them some screen shots or at least some information about any content to be released just to say we really appreciate you buying the Prologue and although it's taking us some considerable time to release content heres what we are working on so it'll be worth the wait"

How refreshing would that be?

In a single stroke they would create a buzz around the GT forums around the world stopping at once the severe frustration most of us are suffering constantly waiting for tit bits of information and they will prove that we do mean somthing to them. It would be fantastic PR for them becuase at the moment don't you feel that PD is 'cold' towards us?

Just one photo or video of damage/weather/private rooms - would keep the fires burning on here but at the moment it just feels like somebody's pi**ed on our fire.

I'd of thought that there would be somebody on this forum who could champion our need for information and put some pressure on PD for us all.

Anyway its nearly Christmas.

Can't believe this thread is still open.. This have been discussed countless of times, and it always end up with everyone only want private rooms.......

If you're new to the forum, please search for answers before starting a new thread, ok? :)

Last edited:
Can't believe this thread is still open.. This have been discussed countless of times, and it always end up with everyone only want private rooms.......

If you're new to the forum, please search for answers before starting a new thread, ok? :)

what is your problem :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

+1 👍
As there wouldn't of been other 'big' fall update threads already, not to mention the 'big' news at TGS thread. :ouch:

I dont need SEARCH thanks.. I want to open thread about big fall update..Maybe we can share content of update in this topic..what is bad? PD did something bad...We still waiting for update..They dont make update online events anymore..This game doent deserve like this poor content..If you have an idea you can write here.

I dont need SEARCH thanks.. I want to open thread about big fall update..Maybe we can share content of update in this topic..what is bad? PD did something bad...We still waiting for update..They dont make update online events anymore..This game doent deserve like this poor content..If you have an idea you can write here.
You ask me what is bad? Numerous of threads with the same content, and in wich you don't come to a conclution is bad. One thread per topic is enough.

Now what do you think PD has done that is so bad? And how can you be sure they're not doing online event updates anymore? They told you so?

Are you paying for any of these updates? No... so you could be a little grateful.

Are you paying for any of these updates? No... so you could be a little grateful.
Im not sure if others would agree but if PD released an update that consisted of 2 more tracks, private rooms, damage, weather effects, I would be willing to pay.

As for starting many threads discussing the same topic. I actually think this is a good thing because lets be honest we haven't much to talk about at the moment have we!

You will probably disagree but the reality is many are losing interest in GT5P. You can tell this not just from playing the game online but the activity on this forum. I spoke to the manager at my local game store and he was telling me how many people are trading GT5P in. The lack of info from PD doesn't help either because if they just mentioned that another update is likely soon and also hinted at what this might be, then im sure many would find the motivation to return to the game.

Don't get me wrong I love playing Prologue and maintain this is still the best racing game I have ever played. However it is hard to turn down the opportunity of playing games such as Gears of War 2, Call of duty 5, when prologue has little life left in it. I would much rather continue playing Prologue but only if some of the features I mention are included via an update.

Im not sure if others would agree but if PD released an update that consisted of 2 more tracks, private rooms, damage, weather effects, I would be willing to pay.

i completely agree. if they were to include some more things it might be worth paying. i dont play online so much so im not too concerned about the private rooms but i would like it if they finally included the damage they promised us a while ago. regarding the tracks, i would like 1 or 2 from GT4 (laguna seca anybody???) and of coarse nurburging (that's probably not how u spell it but u know what i mean) if they include these things i would definitely pay for an update. pricing will be tricky tho. no more than about 5 dollars or so.

We shouldn't have to pay for any updates, let's not get desperate. I'm eager for updates too but let's not give PD any ideas! As far as I'm concerned, Prologue is the test bed for GT5 as are any future updates. I'll pay them for these features when GT5 launches.

Don't get me wrong I love playing Prologue and maintain this is still the best racing game I have ever played. However it is hard to turn down the opportunity of playing games such as Gears of War 2, Call of duty 5, when prologue has little life left in it. I would much rather continue playing Prologue but only if some of the features I mention are included via an update.

That is exactly what I think, I love GT, since I got a wheel I cannot stop playing but once in a while I get tired of Suzuka, Fuji, Suzuka, Fuji, Daytona, and again. If PD wants that the fire keep burning they should update very soon. I do not care right now damages and weather effects, just 2-3 more nice cars (Ameniya, nismo 400r, Xanavi...) and the Ring. I know how much the people here love that circuit, and play it on line would be awesome. The Ring 500pp, 600pp, 700pp, would be enough.

Last edited:
We shouldn't have to pay for any updates, let's not get desperate. I'm eager for updates too but let's not give PD any ideas! As far as I'm concerned, Prologue is the test bed for GT5 as are any future updates. I'll pay them for these features when GT5 launches.

I couldn't agree more. Compared to most other games I played and still play, I haven't got my money's worth out of GT5P yet. I'm not complaining, but if the next update is even going to worsen the value for money I will be.

...and the Ring...

And the magic word is used again....

Last edited:
If you want to open a new thread with no new information about the fall update then it should be opened in the off topic forum as all everydoes in these type of threads is go on about how Prologue is Rubbish and how PD are failing with their Strategy. New threads are welcome for discussion when new Information comes around not the same old bickering that's going on here day in day out. And of course your going to say *Well it's my opinion what happened to Free Speech?!* Yes but this doesnt help anyone. Instead of whining about it do something else instead of filling the Prologue Forum with no new information and just people complaining. The Mod in my opinion should try negotiate a rule to stop threads like these being made. Search button is at the top for a reason. Use It. I'm going to report the thread for the Mods opinion but this is just getting riduclas on how many threads such as these with comments like these get opened up everyday.

If enough people shout then maybe PD will do somthing about it - its better than just sitting here like a muppett waiting because like GT5P thats quite boring after a bit.

I agree about having just one post but this post should be entitled "HELLO PD CAN YOU READ THIS FIRST AND SORT US OUT" and have it as a sticky post at the top.

If everybody just sat back and 'waited to see what might happen' where would we be in the world right now - its man's natural instinct to improve things - go further, go faster thats how we invented new idea's and found new lands and thats what we need right now in GT5P new lands (Tracks) and go faster (more cars etc).

You'll probabaly find the people on here complaining are the people who play GT5P the most and therefore are bored of it sooner cos theve played it to death.

So continue to raise your voices on here and I'm sure we will be heard - after all what else is there to talk about on here now?

If you want to open a new thread with no new information about the fall update then it should be opened in the off topic forum as all everydoes in these type of threads is go on about how Prologue is Rubbish and how PD are failing with their Strategy. New threads are welcome for discussion when new Information comes around not the same old bickering that's going on here day in day out. And of course your going to say *Well it's my opinion what happened to Free Speech?!* Yes but this doesnt help anyone. Instead of whining about it do something else instead of filling the Prologue Forum with no new information and just people complaining. The Mod in my opinion should try negotiate a rule to stop threads like these being made. Search button is at the top for a reason. Use It. I'm going to report the thread for the Mods opinion but this is just getting riduclas on how many threads such as these with comments like these get opened up everyday.

Well it's my opinion what happened to Free Speech?! :)
You're probably right. The thing is that these forums directly reflect the emotions in the community that uses them. Right now I get the idea that the main emotion is the boredom with the lack of content for GT5P.
A constructive thread about how to maybe solve the punter problem I posted a few days ago has gotten 3 replies, while this thread is going on and on. And this has happened to more threads with 'alternative' content. Once we get new content, you'll see threads like this one disappear. It's a forum, it's hard to stop this kind of thing.
Besides that I think it is unfair to call this 'whining'. There is a lot of constructive critisism in threads like these and this is another valid way to use a forum in my opinion. Why not start a 'release your frustration (in a decent way) here' section? That would keep the threads out of the main section...

Well it's my opinion what happened to Free Speech?! :)
You're probably right. The thing is that these forums directly reflect the emotions in the community that uses them. Right now I get the idea that the main emotion is the boredom with the lack of content for GT5P.
A constructive thread about how to maybe solve the punter problem I posted a few days ago has gotten 3 replies, while this thread is going on and on. And this has happened to more threads with 'alternative' content. Once we get new content, you'll see threads like this one disappear. It's a forum, it's hard to stop this kind of thing.
Besides that I think it is unfair to call this 'whining'. There is a lot of constructive critisism in threads like these and this is another valid way to use a forum in my opinion. Why not start a 'release your frustration (in a decent way) here' section? That would keep the threads out of the main section...

That's fair enough but even when there was new content available with the recent release of the 3 Cars and Updated Physics still people were Moaning about it then. Even if there was even new content soon people would Moan about that. Everyone moans about Prologue in general because it's Prologue and not the final game. Sometimes i just give up on posting in topics like these but the thing goes on and on. I agree for constructive Threads but it sooner turns into *My opinion is is better than yours and im right* Sort of thing. Hey I may be wrong I may not even make sence with this. Not cause to any offense to Patriot Zero as i met him on Burnout Yesterday night but so I hope I havent caused any dispare on hand.

all everydoes in these type of threads is go on about how Prologue is Rubbish and how PD are failing with their Strategy. QUOTE]

Thats strange because if you read my last post I said Prologue is the best racing game I have ever played.:dopey:

Some of you are being far to precious about Prologue and cannot take any form of criticism.

all everydoes in these type of threads is go on about how Prologue is Rubbish and how PD are failing with their Strategy. QUOTE]

Thats strange because if you read my last post I said Prologue is the best racing game I have ever played.:dopey:

Some of you are being far to precious about Prologue and cannot take any form of criticism.

Wow did I Quote you? No I didnt. I'm not here to argue with any one so theres no reason for you to Quote me on that as if i was Directing my View on you. It's lately looking at past threads at other comments from other users. Look back on some of the old threads to see what I mean. Look in the Tokyo Game Show Thread.

Last edited:
Stop arguing people, I think everybody here, Marky, Craste, iLex, me... has a point, we should not complain, but we do, because we are bored, every evening the same story at home, same circuit, same car, few people. I assure you, at least from my side, as soon as we have private rooms and The Circuit, (I will not use the magic word) I will not "complain" anymore, it´s a prologue and that would be enough for me, I forgot, Pd should change online events ever 7-10 days.

I forgot, Pd should change online events ever 7-10 days.
I agree and they should also increase the amount of events. Always baffled me why there isn't more events because surely they have the server capacity.

P.S Marky264 you didn't refer to me but you did use the word "everyone" So I assumed you were referring to everyones posts on this thread!

PD tend not to update the Events as much as they used to :( On the Japanese Version when first released there was always some new events every week which was good. I guess they are very busy at the moment we'll see. Well * Everyone* was a mistake by me okay.

Lets hope this news what I found from Finnish news-sites, puts some speed to PD... I think with some new tracks, cars, and features, they could sell few million copies more Prologue.

Sony made a profit warning, pointing gamesector 24.10.2008

Subjects: PlayStation 3, game, Events

Currently, Sony's head office in Japan, there probably spending not very happy Friday. Attraction had to correct the previously issued financial estimates by more than half a hand down. Players interested to the fact that the accusing finger to show, among other things, the game towards the division.

Sony's profit warning, it has cut economic forecasts, 57% down. Until earlier this year to evaluate the company to conclude a 470 billion yen profit, now has chapters downgraded back to earth. Part of the yen is strong at a discount, which is cutting all the Japanese firms' export figures. The main reason, however, can be found inside the firm.

Bull says that, especially in the game department comes jacket so that the wind blows. "We expect the results to be weaker than the July assessments. Operating victory down to about 130 billion, mainly in the game and elektronic sections, "Sony said.

It is not in itself for any disaster, as Sony's agent has probably already learned to live with the fact that the most recent and experimental technology that uses the PlayStation 3 has not come quite rapidly to produce a profit company. PlayStation 2 and PSP's strong sales are probably the reason for that result fell for so little. In particular, the PSP has once again found a whole new sales in Japan in good condition and will lead one week to another selling local statistics.

The players of the news again might mean that the price cuts would be useless to dream quite quickly. Stock Exchange of players of the news again meant the shares prices in the immediate 6.3% drop.

EDIT: ...and for those, who says they dont wanna 'unfinished product' ...so what, there cant be nothing what cant be fixed with patches and new downloads.
I think this Prologue aint very finished either, but I love it anyway... everyday less and less, and that is sad.

Last edited:
If enough people shout then maybe PD will do somthing about it - its better than just sitting here like a muppett waiting because like GT5P thats quite boring after a bit.
No one told you to sitt here waiting, and I dont think that's what PD want either. Get out, get some friends, drink beer and have fun. 👍
I agree about having just one post but this post should be entitled "HELLO PD CAN YOU READ THIS FIRST AND SORT US OUT"
Trying to get PD to read posts has also been done numerous times...

No one told you to sitt here waiting, and I dont think that's what PD want either. Get out, get some friends, drink beer and have fun. 👍

Trying to get PD to read posts has also been done numerous times...

Great Post!! yes i agree with you I should give up on PD - anyway I'm off to the pub to try and find some friends (apparently I haven't got any).

Everybody else on here who's bored now with GT do you fancey meeting me in the pub tonight - we could all do with some friends as we are really sad asking for information about a game we like and then we could discuss together things we like and DISLIKE about GT5P without being silenced/frowned upon by people who don't think a forum is designed to do this - maybe they should rename this forum to "Don't say a bad word about GT.com" that way the rest (majority) of us who are annoyed at the slow progress of the game can find another place to voice our opinions.

freedom of speech - not on here!!

Anyway to all the people on here who just sit back and wait and wait - whats up with you all - have a bit of fight in you!!!

GT5P is sooooo BORING now:yuck:

I care less now for the "BIG" damage/weather update to come first. Because, I would rather see a small update with Private rooms patch first appear.
How good is damage if you race with random people that care less about professional racing and run you off the track?

So guys, big question.
Lets say GT5P patch (PD) delivers with damage. Do you think pit lanes will open after the update? I think tire damage/wear will appear in the same patch.

So guys, big question.
Lets say GT5P patch (PD) delivers with damage. Do you think pit lanes will open after the update? I think tire damage/wear will appear in the same patch.

Maybe, but I have a feeling if that comes around, the availability of the pit lane may depend on the number of laps. It'd be pointless to try and spend 30-40 seconds on pit road just to fix a bumper coming off in a 3 lap race. Too much loss of time.

Back