2009 GT5P Updates Wishlist!

OK guys..time to go back to Topic..whats your prediction content or release date ? update hmm>

Enough topic for you? :sly:
There is nothing to discuss about, because the fall update is already there!
Considering the tremendous change in the cars´ behaviour (ok you may call it `physics`) and three (!) new cars, i´d even dare to say it was a big update... :)
So meanwhile flamewars has begun... :nervous:

My prediction for next update? Spring... to never 👍
Or whenever this HOME thingie is released ( we´ll have lots of fun with the Region-Locks BTW )...:scared:

Last edited:
Those graphics confirm to me that the PS3 is number 1 in fact i think the PS2 graphics were better than that :lol:

Your exactly right.

I have played Forza 2 since launch and before they decided to wipe the boards I was No1 in Career, No 2 in exhibibtion and won numerous online tournaments. Im not saying this to brag but to give an illustration of just how much I actually played Forza 2.

However when I purchased my PS3 & GT5P in April the first thing I noticed wasn't just the superior graphics but just how much smoother prologue actually runs. The most noticeable difference is the physics because Prologue makes FM2 seem like an arcade racer such is the realism on GT5P.

I won't compare FM2 online features to prologue because to be fair to PD you would need to compare FM2 with the full version of GT5. However PD could learn alot from Turn 10 especially the online features and how these should be implemented into GT5.

At the moment the 360 still remains the console of choice simply because of xbox live and the vast gaming library. However it is my belief the tide is turning because its obvious the PS3 is far superior and we just need Home to be launched and the gaming library to expand. I just hope PD and Sony don't wait too long though because they will miss out on a great opportunity.

Are you saying that GT5 Prologue has more jaggies than this?

With that Picture my eyes started to hurt.. How can people race with these bad visuals, I am not talking about car models, or graphics, its just the Light effects really suck.

Just like in F1 game for PS3. I got it, and my eyes right away started to hurt because of the light effects and it was just so not clear as GT5P.

With that Picture my eyes started to hurt.. How can people race with these bad visuals, I am not talking about car models, or graphics, its just the Light effects really suck.

Ah come on it's not that bad.

Home closed beta will open for qore members in November..It means new update will come out in December.Yeah seems like Christmas present..Hopefully Friend list does region FREE.

Indeed, if you see simbim titles like race07 etc FM2 looks good.
Not so good as gt5 and yes it is a shame that the 360 does not support logitech steering wheels like the g25 etc.
But the 360 has many great games, also does the ps3 but for me also an rpg gamer things got twisted they way it was on the xbox vs ps2.
In those days the ps2 had so many great rpg's and the xbox well not many and now it is the oposite, 360 has great rpg's and the ps3? Well they say that theyre working on it but all the great titles wont be here anytime soon.

As for the racing games someone said it before they both have good and bad points and yes this is *just* prologue so we need gt5 to have a good statement about those 2 games. But as said no support for proper racing wheels from the 360 is a shame!

Wow, out of all the misdirection that post had, the only part of that statement that has anything to do with the simple little truth that I stated was, "So your that narrow minded that you hate a game because you cant use your G25 with it LOL." I don't see what so funny about what I said. In fact, it's a very valid reason.

What you said in your reply reminds me of a movie quote:

Teacher: What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Billy Madison: Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine.
-- Billy Madison

I bought a DFP back when GT4 came out. I bought my G25 in January this year, because I wanted a better wheel. Either you don't have a Logitech wheel (or 2) or you have money to toss into the wind.

The points you cited have NOTHING to do with why I won't buy into his Utopian dream of a perfect gaming console. The points you made do not validate why I should buy a 360 AND be forced to buy a crap box wheel because of the maniacal Mr. Gates is an anal spaz.

I'm narrow minded because I won't just jump at the golden carrot.

Tell you what, you're so confident in the prowess of Forza 2 and 3, then you buy me a 360 and the crap box wheel. I'll buy the games, okay? Why should I dump money into something that is incompatible with the best consumer grade wheels on the market? Why would I want to subject myself to an inferior driving experience with a wheel that has build standards of Mad Katz?

When you're mom and dad stop buying your stuff, you'll realize the value of choosing to go with a superior platform and not chasing after farts in the wind. Before I bought my PS3, I considered a 360. I looked at the crap box wheel, it's "cheap". I looked at the restrictions of the 360 and the fact that it's not a "true" next gen system, but merely Xbox 1.5 designed to have a jump ahead of the future of gaming and con people out of their money.

When you reply to something, try saying something that is congruent to what was said, instead of attempting to mock a valid reason with statements that are irrelevant. I have an 8 year old daughter and a wife that are not disciplined debaters or arguers. They too try to skate around things with invalid reasons.

See, I validated my stance and gave information as to what the other reasons are that I won't buy a 360. "Narrow minded", you said, ummm there are more reasons than JUST the wheel situation.

Its only recently I bought an Xbox 360 after the price reduction so the UTOPIAN Dream LOL wasnt throwing away money. I Also bought a DFP but the pedals started doing the DFP thing and not working properly so I bought a Logitech G25 2 years ago. Also My parents dont have anything with buying me stuff. I have lived alone for the past 12 years , I do my own housework , Do my own Cooking and anything I want to buy I save for it.

I also want the G25 to be supported by the Xbox (RROD) 360 but it aint going to happen and I wont be buying one of the rubbish wheels for the Xbox 360. My only reason to buy the Xbox 360 was for Forza 2 because its got graphics that arent up with GT5P but the graphics are better than GT4. Also There isnt many games I like on the PS3 that the XBOX 360 has.

Just like in F1 game for PS3. I got it, and my eyes right away started to hurt because of the light effects and it was just so not clear as GT5P.

How did you cope with games with PS2 quality graphics then? Forza 2 is much better looking than you are making it out to be. Just because its not GT5 P graphics your making the graphics sound bad.

Are you saying that GT5 Prologue has more jaggies than this?

What's your setup? Is well know that Forza2 has a jaggies problem even the Photomode is jagged. My Prologue set at 1080i is a lot cleaner.

Yes GT5 P has more jaggies than that on my crappy HannSpree 1080i LCD through a good HDMI lead. But I will be changing to a better TV before GT5 is released.

Last edited:
Yes GT5 P has more jaggies than that on my crappy HannSpree 1080i LCD through a good HDMI lead. But I will be changing to a better TV before GT5 is released.

Umm, yes wrong quote, you quoted me about not expecting an update in November which has nothing to do with jaggies.

Home closed beta will open for qore members in November..It means new update will come out in December.Yeah seems like Christmas present..Hopefully Friend list does region FREE.

So if I read your post correctly that means we'll have to wait a little longer to test out home. Last I read the date for the open beta was something like Nov 19th, but that may have just been an unofficial date?

Last edited:
Home is one of those over rated programs and people will no doubt be disapointed with it. A lot of people also see it as a game but will slowly realise that Home isnt a game but just a social interaction program. I can see home being delayed again because the developers are trying to over perfect the software. They should release Home as a public beta and slowly update it until its a full release. That way bugs will be acceptable in Home beta.

So i'm planning on buying the Mini Cooper-s but i'm not sure of the color, what do you guys think? British Racing Green Metallic, Dark Silver Metallic or Chili Red?

Home is one of those over rated programs and people will no doubt be disapointed with it. A lot of people also see it as a game but will slowly realise that Home isnt a game but just a social interaction program. I can see home being delayed again because the developers are trying to over perfect the software. They should release Home as a public beta and slowly update it until its a full release. That way bugs will be acceptable in Home beta.

Overrated? Disappointed? (sorry for out of topic again, looks like this thread is bound to digression...) http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7688091.stm

Anyway, Sony’s add-on (I still consider it a Key component for the PS3 media center) as been delayed so many times now, that I fear the slightest bug could probably face public execution. With the progressive delivery scheme, maybe Sony is verifying the hardware infrastructure is on par with the massive flow awaited for Real World Launch Day. Just imagine Home opening fanfare with the net performance of say “GT5 prologue august update”.:scared:

And for just one out of the many possibilties for this yet to define open space, just take a look at theese... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3190334&postcount=291:)👍

Edit: Fingers crossed: Big Fall update and Home are somehow bound together?!

Last edited:
Ok, if this thread was about the fall update?
why did it go from jaggies, to the colour of a mini cooper, and now home....?
threadjack maybe?

Ok, if this thread was about the fall update?
why did it go from jaggies, to the colour of a mini cooper, and now home....?
threadjack maybe?

Jaggies irrelevant but home I would argue couldn't be more relevant, you see almost everyone on this site has been eagerly awaiting private rooms, this is one of the major which was thought to be included in the BIG fall update. We are in fall but as of yet have not had an update with private rooms. Now where does Home come into all of this? Well PD have been trying to integrate home into their game, one aspect of which would be private rooms based around the PS3 Home programme, so unless we get Home soon then we may not get private rooms soon either, which also may mean that we will may not be getting the BIG fall update in fall either, we may have to wait until winter, so the sooner Home is ready the better. Please take into account this is more my views of whats going on based of what I have read up on the situation and not Hard fact.

Last I read the date for the open beta was something like Nov 19th, but that may have just been an unofficial date?

A friend of mine told me about the possible launch of Home on the 19th Nov and after an extensive search I found this to be a rumour based on an assumption. Because the Xbox live NXE is released on this day someone just made the assumption that this is the day when Home will be released.

As always I continue to wait for further GT5P updates and Home to be launched but if I was honest this waiting is getting on my nerves!

well i dont think the next update will change that much.. i think we have got what we can get in the prolouge version..
AND HAVE TO WAIT ALITLE MORE FOR THE FULL GT5 VERSION TO GET MORE GODIES..

So i'm planning on buying the Mini Cooper-s but i'm not sure of the color, what do you guys think? British Racing Green Metallic, Dark Silver Metallic or Chili Red?

The 'proper' Cooper s looked stunning in almond white and a black roof.

Back