2009 GT5P Updates Wishlist!

There is a possible excuse - it's called waiting for Home, so PD can integrate private rooms / friend invites. All we can do is wait.

That's exactly it. Why create it in game if Home is there. Another thing is that Home has been delayed forever, but that's not different from what we are used with GT.

Prologue isnt used enough to have private room. Maybe by GTP and over forums yes, but average users.... nope.

Only when there is an update other racers come and check it out.

Think if we had private rooms.... We would have a GTP room where 95% of people here would go, etc etc for other forums.

Then that would leave the others to fend for themselves and would prob be even more bored.

Privates rooms arent at the top of my list at the minute. I enjoy racing with TEW_, TeamNur, GT5net, etc

Punters seem to be disappering now "No Mercy" has been brought in because they cant keep up.

Edit: WOOO 500th post :cheers:

There is a possible excuse - it's called waiting for Home, so PD can integrate private rooms / friend invites. All we can do is wait.

That's no excuse imo because GT5P is out for almost a year now and HOME is delaying for ever...

And just FYI I have like 10 people on my friendslist who have GT5P, but don't play it anymore just because there's no friends invite!
Then I have about 5 other people who play occasionally but say they would play much more if there was an invite option; finally there's one guy who plays GT5P a lot and that's it.
So I think many more people would play, if it had the minimum STANDARD features included ...
not everyone is in a forum like this, you know ? 👍

@ JACK :cheers:

He let it slip that there will be a Long Version London Course in GT5...

KY
I come to London very often, and I've walked the streets and I know them, so that helped a lot. The course that we have in the game at the moment is actually half the size that we originally thought, it's a short course basically, so in Gran Turismo 5 we'll have the longer course in there.

Ign instead of asking if they will make an F1 game (stupid question because everyone knows Codemasters has it) they should have asked whether we can expect any other F1 cars in GT5 maybe even from eariler eras which would probably be easier to get a licence for.

Robin.

That's no excuse imo because GT5P is out for almost a year now and HOME is delaying for ever...

And just FYI I have like 10 people on my friendslist who have GT5P, but don't play it anymore just because there's no friends invite!
Then I have about 5 other people who play occasionally but say they would play much more if there was an invite option; finally there's one guy who plays GT5P a lot and that's it.
So I think many more people would play, if it had the minimum STANDARD features included ...
not everyone is in a forum like this, you know ? 👍

@ JACK :cheers:

I see it as a waste of time to add all the extra online / networking features if Home provides easier support for this kind of functionality. I'd rather wait for Home integration so that they don't duplicate their workload. I'd rather they spent the time working on other aspects of the game. We have to be patient - let's not forget that Prologue is a work in progress until GT5 arrives (and even then I would expect updates for that).

I wonder if this still stands... Yamauchi explained to CVG's Mike Jackson that "in terms of quality and features of the game, and in terms of functionality, GT5 Prologue will ultimately reach an equivalent level to GT5. I think the major difference between Prologue and GT5 will be the number of cars and courses that will be included within the game, in that there will be many more." (source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=186087). If this is still the plan, I'd expect a lot more updates to come for Prologue (or one HUGE mother of an update).

I see it as a waste of time to add all the extra online / networking features if Home provides easier support for this kind of functionality. I'd rather wait for Home integration so that they don't duplicate their workload. I'd rather they spent the time working on other aspects of the game. We have to be patient - let's not forget that Prologue is a work in progress until GT5 arrives (and even then I would expect updates for that).

I wonder if this still stands... Yamauchi explained to CVG's Mike Jackson that "in terms of quality and features of the game, and in terms of functionality, GT5 Prologue will ultimately reach an equivalent level to GT5. I think the major difference between Prologue and GT5 will be the number of cars and courses that will be included within the game, in that there will be many more." (source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=186087). If this is still the plan, I'd expect a lot more updates to come for Prologue (or one HUGE mother of an update).

I dont expect that. I think they will only give us the base of GT5. For example they will get the physics, and basics of the game right then add everything into GT5.

Thing like paint and graphic shop (if they are put in, just an example) will be left for GT5. As will all the tracks, cars, licenses and other extras.

Obli, I see your point. Yes it would be like double the work (if even), but from my point of view it's a waste of time (and opportunities ) not to have this simple feature already! It's not rocketscience or something, is it!?
Also waiting for HOME ... pretty useless because I highly doubt this will give us friend invites for Prologue :indiff:
At the end you're right though, we only can hope and wait.(and in my case complain) :cheers:

Last edited:
Obli, I see your point. Yes it would be like double the work (if even), but from my point of view it's a waste of time (and opportunities ) not to have this simple feature already! It's not rocketscience or something, is it!?
Also waiting for HOME ... pretty useless because I highly doubt this will give us friend invites for Prologue :indiff:
At the end you're right though, we only can hope and wait.(and in my case complain) :cheers:

Home should offer PS3 game developers the tools to implement game lobbies, a means to set up custom game servers and invite friends to games / chat. I believe Sony will leave it down to the developers to implement these features in to their games and I think that PD will be one of the first developers to utilise these features. In fact, having spoken to someone that is in the Home beta, these features are already in place and working well with a certain game (or games).

The Playstation 3 has been lacking these features since it was launched (now two years ago). Some developers have implemented their own systems, such as in Everybody's Golf: World Tour and Resistance: Fall of Man. It may not be rocket science but it is a waste of developers' time to have to program this functionality in to each of their games. Home should standardise the way these online features function and I hope Home delivers in this respect. I am not too bothered about wandering around in a virtual world, chatting, dancing and dressing up my avatar. I would primarily like to play games on my PS3 and Sony should at least match the features that make the 360's online experience that much more enjoyable and easier to use.

Hey Obli you so optimistic like Marky Hehe...Friend List doesnt need HOME..Why isnt there in Beta or Demos lack of Home support? Nowadays Beta and Demo have Invite functionality..Where is Home? There is no home but there is private rooms in other games demos etc..to use home for inviting hard for me hard and long processing..I can push one button to invite my friends without Home.I saw it what i played games..i am home hater right now coz it delays forever.. i am not interested in Home.. I prefer homeless Thanks Sony..Oh PD hurry up to release GT5.. Getting bored s..t blackbox.. Whatever Killzone 2 coming hopefully it wont delay again..

Hey Obli you so optimistic like Marky Hehe...Friend List doesnt need HOME..Why isnt there in Beta or Demos lack of Home support? Nowadays Beta and Demo have Invite functionality..Where is Home? There is no home but there is private rooms in other games demos etc..to use home for inviting hard for me hard and long processing..I can push one button to invite my friends without Home.I saw it what i played games..i am home hater right now coz it delays forever.. i am not interested in Home.. I prefer homeless Thanks Sony..Oh PD hurry up to release GT5.. Getting bored s..t blackbox.. Whatever Killzone 2 coming hopefully it wont delay again..

Homeless :)

I don't think you understood what I said above. I know games don't need Home to have these features - I even named some examples :)

My point was that each developer has to develop these features themselves and it's a waste of their time. I believe that Home will offer developers the tools to add these features in to their games making it easier to incorporate these features.

In my opinion Friend List feature simple to develop so They are not wasting their time. I dont think its hard to implement to Game. we all know just a simple feature appeared ages ago.

You PD Enthusiastic Defenders must admint that it isnt fair how pd is behaving to us. comments like: "i would be happy with one car :) " ..are you guys joking?!

Indeed there are other games out there... Hopefully they will not inspire PD too much.:scared:
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for Home, as I still believe this could fix a lot of the “understandable” critics regarding lack of online features.👍

Last edited:

Indeed there are other games out there... Hopefully they will not inspire PD too much.:scared:
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for Home, as I still believe this could fix a lot of the “understandable” critics regarding lack of online features.👍

hehe nic one but there is a huge difference between adding a simple feature like private rooms and having to pay for mappacks.. if PD would ask us to pay 10 bucks for two tracks than i would be quiet. And again if PD would say: Ok guys there will be no more updates for prologue now. <= that would be ok! But i belive that there will be at least one. Its funny how much discussion makes one feature that is one of the basic features in online games

To me it just takes too long to get into an online game and when you are done, you have to go back all the way to the menu with replays and setup and then search for another game and the searching takes forever. I just don't want to waste so much time in between racing.
PS3 online just doesn't work well ,in comparison to xbox Live.
I think thats another reason why Sony is not charging for their online service yet, they just couldn't justify it. It's not working as fast and smooth as Xbox Live. Actually I'd rather pay 10$ a month and know that every game is working properly online, than buy games that only 'kinda' work.
Back to GTR Evo...

What do you mean with too long?
Just asking since for me matching goes too quick (5~30sec.) usually ?
And yes my internets is s l o w ... :sly:
Even 30 secs is far slower than it should be.

Whilst playing on xbox live, matchmaking is almost instant!

I cannot believe its mid November and we still don't have the option of racing privately against our friends.

My theory is PD realise the lack of interest in Prologue and have given up on doing anymore updates and have decided to concentrate their efforts on GT5!

Let's not whip out our wallets too soon. There is no guarantee that paying for PSN or updates for GT5P will improve anything.
If a service really is worth the money, I'm willing to pay, but I'm not gonna pay in the hopes of improving the service that way, that's just rediculous.

Besides that, I think PSN as well as Xbox live should be a free service to people supporting the platform. Either that or it really needs to offer something, like WoWC does. The games I've played online so far are up to 16 player multiplayers. Those don't even have to run on dedicated servers, one of the player could be a host. Stuff like this can be payed for by the revenues Sony gets from online sales.

...My theory is PD realise the lack of interest in Prologue and have given up on doing anymore updates and have decided to concentrate their efforts on GT5!

Not only lack of interest from some people, but also the incredible amounts of whinging some people have done.:rolleyes:
But yes its quite possible they have decided to concentrate more on GT5 as in the latest and greatest interview with K.Y he stated that GT5 would be oput much sooner than expected.:D Maybe they will do more updates after release?
We'll see...sooner than expected.:sly:
Rusty*

What with the credit crunch and all the doom and gloom in the news an update would go down so well at the moment.

Come on PD Cheers us all up.

Please.

Even 30 secs is far slower than it should be.

Whilst playing on xbox live, matchmaking is almost instant!

I cannot believe its mid November and we still don't have the option of racing privately against our friends.

My theory is PD realise the lack of interest in Prologue and have given up on doing anymore updates and have decided to concentrate their efforts on GT5!

As I said above it's 5~30 sec and that's certainly not slow !
It is too quick actually lol

Well i've played PC games (just to test it :yuck:)... and wow 30 seconds is slow? :rolleyes:
BTW how come i've played other PS3 games where matchmaking goes much quicker, if PSN was so slow... ??

My opinion about let other players be the host : :banghead:

OT: I think there will be further updates to GT5P , at least for bugfixing and also cos K.Y. said it.

Last edited:
yep, on this site their talking about spring 2009, probably is this the japanese release date

http://translate.google.com/transla...g.mozilla:en-GB:official&hs=R7n&sa=N&as_qdr=w

hope link's work.

c ya

Hehe, that information is an English Google translation of a Japanese article which itself is a translation of the English information in this thread, of which Kaz's words are a translation from Japanese to English!

In other words, the information originated here thanks to GTPlanet member super_fla (he won a competition and was flown to Japan to visit PD and met Kaz)

Last edited:
@ Obli

thx, to mention it, sorry if i gave some hope, but even for me it's starting to hurt all that waiting, but i stop the complaining....

grtz

mc959

Hehe, that information is an English Google translation of a Japanese article which itself is a translation of the English information in this thread, of which Kaz's words are a translation from Japanese to English!

In other words, the information originated here thanks to GTPlanet member super_fla (he won a competition and was flown to Japan to visit PD and met Kaz)

Now that is funny, isn't it!! :lol:

super_fla got more infos out of Kaz in one little hour than the rest of the world in 2-3 years! 👍

Strange... I read on Autoblog.nl that this is the GTR Le Mans version... NOT the Vspec everyone is waiting for... those pics are a rendition made by a magazine in Japan.. I think Best motoring or something... Its suppose to be A LOT lighter and get 600 BHP... :) NICE!! Link is here below... main article is in Dutch, extra info on car is in english I think...

http://www.autoblog.nl/archive/2008/11/10/nissan-gt-r-le-mans-edition-600-porsche-vretende-pks

On your original link you can see the R33 LM edition in the background... :)

just a guess and looking at older versions i would think that the LM version would look closer to this version.

supergt-rd9-sunday-001.jpg

just a guess and looking at older versions i would think that the LM version would look closer to this version.

supergt-rd9-sunday-001.jpg

Thats true, but thats a race version... this is a GTR LM street version... strange though.. its conflicting info if you compare the two articles... I just looked at my link again and noticed it was ALL in Dutch, sorry about that... But I think you could see by the title that they announced it as the GTR LM.. I guess we wont know for sure until Nissan make an official press release.

-edit: sorry for getting off topic here....

That is a GT500 race car with very little in common with the road car.

The LM street version was going to be a homologation special for a new GT1 car, but other manufacturer's showed no interest in reviving GT1.

yes you are right, it is a GT500 race car. the old LM street car was a road legal version of their race car. i also said look like, not will be. see the connection now? that was the only race version i could find of the R-35. from what i have heard there will be no GT1 class next year at the 24. at the Petite LeMans there were only the 2 Corvettes running GT1 and they have already announced they will be switching to GT2 next year. but now we are waaayyy off topic so enough of this.

i for now have gone back to Forza 2 to tide me over cause i need something more for GT right now to keep me interested.

Back