200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished Le Sarth I - 24h for 200pts last night...
Used Stock Mercedes CLK GTR with 60kg ballast R1/R1 (on first pit changed to R2/R1)...
I managed it in 7 days and it weared me out preety much...

Opponents was
Sauber C9
Mazda787B
Toyota GT one
Nissan 89
Nissan 92

Congratulations. I'm sure you're worn out. Even a couple of hours every day doesn't relieve the boredom of that race. I almost fell asleep a couple of times while driving. It took me about nine or ten days of misery. And some people say it's fun to do.

It seems I'm the only one who used a different car (RX-7 LM Race Car) and it was sooo easy. I didn't bother to change the tire setup to softer rubber since I was able to start out on softer rubber. You went against a stronger lineup than I did. There was a Sauber C9 but the other cars were weak. Well, actually, they all are rather weak. I'd like to say I should try using the CLK, but I don't want see any more 24 hour A-spec races. I've done them all, good riddance.

I'm going to try again to do the four-hour Tsukuba Roadster race for 200, but I'd need to get really lucky to win it. I need that race to clean sweep all the enduros for 200 points and that's bugging the hell out of me. Maybe I'll just run it at 150 points to boost my A-spec points total a teensy bit for the time being.

Well, from my expiriences, the Sauber, while being fast, isn't exactly the best endurance-racer. The 787B, even though it lagged behind at first, managed to catch up on the C9 Sauber, and even lap it several times, due to improved pitting. And even 4 weak cars and one strong is enough to cost you the win...

And how comes the GT-One was in the lineup of the unchicaned version? Or the Group C monsters which you noted, on the chicaned version? The only car which appears in both lineups is the 787B (And possibly the Ford GT40 '69)... Unchicaned consists of Group C racers, and Chicaned includes LMPs, GT1s, and similar cars (Panoz, Oreca Viper, Corvette).

Circuit de la Sarthe is something like a real-life cycle, only instead of 24Hrs per day, it's 3 minutes per day. 1 minute of noisy sleep, 2 minutes of some fast curves, then sleeping. Wake-up, Sleep.

By the way: Did anyone notice that the Jag XJR-9 is the best (AI driven-)car on the straight? The Sauber C9, Nissan R92CP, and Minolta (which isn't that good when AI-driven here) all get ~330KM/h down the straight, while the Jag makes about 340-350KM/h down the straight. In replays I noticed that it actually overtook the 2nd place (Sorry for interrupting) R92CP during the straight. It also did the same during the Fuji enduro - it's much, much faster during long straights, in addition to being an exceptionally-handling car.

I'm going to try again to do the four-hour Tsukuba Roadster race for 200, but I'd need to get really lucky to win it. I need that race to clean sweep all the enduros for 200 points and that's bugging the hell out of me. Maybe I'll just run it at 150 points to boost my A-spec points total a teensy bit for the time being.

I'll leave it to the end... That MAJOR PITA is going to be the one that will score max A-spec pts for me...

About LeSarth ... I'm angry at PD ... Now I have to go for 24h LeSarth II which is basicly the same except for those two turns on the straight... which means it's even more boring...

Interesting about CLK-GTR is thal oil indicator lit at (watch out now!!!) 23:55 h !!!! :eek: For a while i thought 💡 maybe indicator lamp is broken... :lol:

I need that race to clean sweep all the enduros for 200 points and that's bugging the hell out of me.

I have the exact same feeling. I only need Hard-Grand Canyon reverse for 200 to close that chapter. Tried umpteen times but get a penalty each and every time when the AI overtake me in a corner that cant fit 2 cars next to each other. Game over.:ouch:

What's your count at the moment?

AMG.

I have the exact same feeling. I only need Grand Canyon reverse for 200 to close that chapter. Tried umpteen times but get a penalty each and every time when the AI overtake me in a corner that cant fit 2 cars next to each other. Game over.:ouch:

AMG.

If your talking about Special Condition Hall , have done all for 200 points except Citta di Aria reverse which I have for 170. It is THE most frustrating race possible - that downhill section after the start/ finish is a NIGHTMARE. How many restarts have I done - too too many!!!!
nige

If your talking about Special Condition Hall , have done all for 200 points except Citta di Aria reverse which I have for 170. It is THE most frustrating race possible - that downhill section after the start/ finish is a NIGHTMARE. How many restarts have I done - too too many!!!!
nige

Yes it was indeed SCH.

Aria is indeed another pita.
Easy: I used the Dodge
Norm and Hard Aria, the GSX/R on Race tyres from R2 to R4, Wing and plenty of ballast.

Finished off :odd: the Silvia Sisters for 600.
Totally forgotten how many many sisters she has.

Struggled a lot to find the right lineups.
The thread listed a used Nissan silvia (csp311) no oil change+stage 1 tune race chip S1 tyres 200 ballast 200pts

I found Tsukuba lineup
Q's(S13) '88, Varietta(S15) '00,K's(S13) '91,K's(S13) '88, 200SX(S14)'96.
The 200SX is the one to watch out for.

I used the CSP311 which only appears in week 57 and 85 with Chip, S2 and RC exhaust + NOS/100. Scraped by and received and additional 20pts.

On to SSR5, again tried and failed many times until I found the following lineup: 200SX96, Ks Areo(S14)93,Qs Areo(S14)96,Ks(S13)91, Qs(S13)88
Same settings as above and another additional 20 pts in the bag.

Don't race the Sileighty or the RS240something they're rockets.

Fuji 90 was won for 200 many months ago in a different car and yes I didnt use all the track, couldnt be bothered.

AMG.

Yes it was indeed SCH.

Aria is indeed another pita.
Easy: I used the Dodge
Norm and Hard Aria, the GSX/R on Race tyres from R2 to R4, Wing and plenty of ballast.

Finished off :odd: the Silvia Sisters for 600.
Totally forgotten how many many sisters she has.

Struggled a lot to find the right lineups.
The thread listed a used Nissan silvia (csp311) no oil change+stage 1 tune race chip S1 tyres 200 ballast 200pts

I found Tsukuba lineup
Q's(S13) '88, Varietta(S15) '00,K's(S13) '91,K's(S13) '88, 200SX(S14)'96.
The 200SX is the one to watch out for.

I used the CSP311 which only appears in week 57 and 85 with Chip, S2 and RC exhaust + NOS/100. Scraped by and received and additional 20pts.

On to SSR5, again tried and failed many times until I found the following lineup: 200SX96, Ks Areo(S14)93,Qs Areo(S14)96,Ks(S13)91, Qs(S13)88
Same settings as above and another additional 20 pts in the bag.

Don't race the Sileighty or the RS240something they're rockets.

Fuji 90 was won for 200 many months ago in a different car and yes I didnt use all the track, couldnt be bothered.

AMG.

AMG - Useful info on Silvia Sisters. Must give that one a go.
Did SCH Citta reverse with Suzuki GSX for 170 as mentioned. More ballast perhaps?! Oh no, does this mean I have to face that wretched race again!!!!!! No.......................Please no..................:ouch: :ouch: :ouch:
nige

I have the exact same feeling. I only need Hard-Grand Canyon reverse for 200 to close that chapter. Tried umpteen times but get a penalty each and every time when the AI overtake me in a corner that cant fit 2 cars next to each other. Game over.:ouch:

AMG.

I used the Dodge RAM Laramie to beat Grand Canyon Reverse (so what else is new). I used nitrous to get ahead and never looked back. I did it long time ago so I'd have to run it again to see if I can still do it. I was running rally races constantly then. I haven't run a Hard rally in six months or so. Anyway, I'll run it, get a good setup and give it to you. It may take a couple of days, though. I don't know if you noticed, but if you put a lot of camber on your tires they really grip a lot better on sand or ice (3.0 or 3.5) It's like the edges cut into the dirt and ice or something. I always used a really slack suspension with very close ratio gears. Low nitrous settings are more useful than higher ones. I've learned a few suspension tricks since then so maybe I can come up with something better.

Currently my point count is exactly 104,385. I tried to get more points with the Saleen today, but only got a few more due to the decreasing HP. I tried the four-hour Tsukuba Roadster race at 170 points and knew I was gonna lose and quit. My AM Vantage finally got worn oil, but I haven't tried it yet. I'd already had around 178-191 points with the Vantage so maybe I can get 200 when I have some time. I think I'll try the Crossfire again at Motegi Oval and see if I can get more there. I haven't had time to mess with 1000 Miles Sarthe and Nurb which currently seems impossible for me to win at 200 points but I could do them for less. I easily won at 131 points so I could possibly get at least 30 more points for each.

I'm still checking to see if I've missed any races (I hope I find races I might have missed). Still, I'm not gonna turn this points gathering into a career. I made my goal and if some easy points come my way in dribs and drabs, I'll take them.

I'd like to increase my B-spec points (currently 100/87/85) to all 100s and to run a few Missions again for fun. I'd like to attempt some low time runs on a few courses, to see if I can get into top ten or something like that.

I'm pretty much done with the hard work in GT4 and I feel I've achieved some success. I'm grateful for the 200 A-spec racing for helping me extend GT4s usefulness. All that's left is buying a PS3 and waiting for GT5.

Update for Grand Canyon Reverse:

I won it today and this is how I did it. At the start I used nitrous to take get in front of the Lancer at the first turn by the tree. After that, he couldn't pass me as long as I was careful not to spin out. Even if Mr. Lancer hits the Dodge RAM from behind and you get a penalty, he still can't get by. Side contact means nothing, so you can squeeze him out with a nitrous burst.

When I let him get in front I got smoked terribly. Talk about being left in the dust. I forgot the course completely and my RAM setup was pretty lousy after all but I was still able to win by blocking and motoring at a halfway decent pace.

The best I've done on Citta di Aria Reverse is 124 points, GSX-R/4 on R2's, NA1 and racing exhaust. I beat it in the normal direction for 200 with the same car, R2's, racing exhaust and chip vs the Renault 5 Maxi Turbo. Frustrating, really.

Right now I'd settle for 10 point wins at Grand Canyon, just to get the completion percentage. These two races, along with four missions, are all that's standing between me and 100% completion.

I used the Dodge RAM Laramie to beat Grand Canyon Reverse (so what else is new).Anyway, I'll run it, get a good setup and give it to you......if you put a lot of camber on your tires they really grip a lot better on sand or ice (3.0 or 3.5)....
I always used a really slack suspension with very close ratio gears. Low nitrous settings are more useful than higher ones. I've learned a few suspension tricks since then so maybe I can come up with something better.
The "cutting ice" is new to me, I really have no idea about tuning despite having read Scaff's guides. Yes, I used the ram and the gsxr to win all the SCH races but 1.

I will sure give that info a try 👍 and will post the result when positive.
Managed to max out the MGF races but 2, Opera 161 and Motorland 160.
The spitfire still needs 3000 miles but an easy 5x154 already in the bag.

I'm starting to like N1s, (cant believe i said that), well on some cars that is.
I don't expect to reach max but I'll sure try to get as far as possible.

* off to bed *
AMG.

Edit:
The best tip I read on SCH came from Famine. I'd already started the same thing when I stumbled upon his post. Wish i'd done it from the start.

Select 1 race and do all 3 difficulties, then apply the same for the reverse races. Once completed repeat for the next Series.
Doing it that way it will keep you 'in the groove'.

The "cutting ice" is new to me, I really have no idea about tuning despite having read Scaff's guides. Yes, I used the ram and the gsxr to win all the SCH races but 1.

I will sure give that info a try 👍 and will post the result when positive.
Managed to max out the MGF races but 2, Opera 161 and Motorland 160.
The spitfire still needs 3000 miles but an easy 5x154 already in the bag.

I'm starting to like N1s, (cant believe i said that), well on some cars that is.
I don't expect to reach max but I'll sure try to get as far as possible.

* off to bed *
AMG.

Edit:
The best tip I read on SCH came from Famine. I'd already started the same thing when I stumbled upon his post. Wish i'd done it from the start.

Select 1 race and do all 3 difficulties, then apply the same for the reverse races. Once completed repeat for the next Series.

AMG - Do I see that you are getting to like N1's!!!!!!!!!! How about the Saleen then! ONLY JOKING!!!!!:ouch: :ouch:
nige

Edit:

Yeah, I've been doing the same - first, some free-run, to know the track, then doing all in one direction. Helps a lot on Yosemite and Citta di Aria.

Hi guys,
Any chance of helping me out.
Audi TT races, I owned this car IRL; very nice, but its GT4 counterpart is :ouch:

It seems to be incredibly fast at standing still. Last time I heard you don't win races that way. Even El cap is a real challenge, and we all know the AI sucks on that track.
I'm after a setup to get this car to behave like a 4WD and have no clue as what I'm supposed to do.
At tokyo I can barely make 113 points on S2.
On N3s I finish 5th going for 170.
To max out points I'll need to get this thing on N1 as N2s will only give 190.
Im sure it will be even faster at not going anywhere on N1s.

I cant describe well whats going on but it sounds a bit like high pitched tyre squeal during take off or speeding up from low speeds.

* offtopic *
still have my fingers crossed for a positive outcome on the forum

AMG.

Hi guys,
Any chance of helping me out.
Audi TT races, I owned this car IRL; very nice, but its GT4 counterpart is :ouch:

It seems to be incredibly fast at standing still. Last time I heard you don't win races that way. Even El cap is a real challenge, and we all know the AI sucks on that track.
I'm after a setup to get this car to behave like a 4WD and have no clue as what I'm supposed to do.
At tokyo I can barely make 113 points on S2.
On N3s I finish 5th going for 170.
To max out points I'll need to get this thing on N1 as N2s will only give 190.
Im sure it will be even faster at not going anywhere on N1s.

I cant describe well whats going on but it sounds a bit like high pitched tyre squeal during take off or speeding up from low speeds.

* offtopic *
still have my fingers crossed for a positive outcome on the forum

AMG.

AMG - Which version of the TT were you you using? I have just tried out the 3.2 version on N1/N3 tyres at El Kapitan and it gave me a comfortable 162 points starting from 6th place on the grid. I didn't consider any set up except using NOS to get to 1st place quickly.For me this car is quite easy using N1's.
My car has only done 100 miles so I suppose the thing to do is to add those miles for more points.
I tried the 1.8 TT . HORRIBLE!
Go for the 3.2 TT + 200 ballast on N1/N3 tyres + miles.
Hope that helps,
nige

AMG - Which version of the TT were you you using? I have just tried out the 3.2 version on N1/N3 tyres at El Kapitan and it gave me a comfortable 162 points starting from 6th place on the grid. I didn't consider any set up except using NOS to get to 1st place quickly.For me this car is quite easy using N1's.
My car has only done 100 miles so I suppose the thing to do is to add those miles for more points.
I tried the 1.8 TT . HORRIBLE!
Go for the 3.2 TT on N1's + miles.
Hope that helps,
nige

So far:
El Cap 1.8 12000 mls N3 + 200W -> 170 points.
Tokyo 1.8 12000 + S2 +200W -> 113 pt :grumpy:
Deep Forest 12000 + N2 + 200W -> 190 pt.

Also found out that there is no increase in points if youre racing against 1,2,3 or 4 3.2s using the 1.8.

I'll run my 3.2 in to the ground as well after trying it first to see if its any better Though I doubt it will get to 200 points seeing its 1.4 litres more.
the 1.8 + N1 + 100W equals 200 pt IF you can make it.
Will give it a go!
AMG.

So far:
El Cap 1.8 12000 mls N3 + 200W -> 170 points.
Tokyo 1.8 12000 + S2 +200W -> 113 pt :grumpy:
Deep Forest 12000 + N2 + 200W -> 190 pt.

Also found out that there is no increase in points if youre racing against 1,2,3 or 4 3.2s using the 1.8.

I'll run my 3.2 in to the ground as well after trying it first to see if its any better Though I doubt it will get to 200 points seeing its 1.4 litres more.
the 1.8 + N1 + 100W equals 200 pt IF you can make it.
Will give it a go!
AMG.

Am putting miles on the 3.2TT to see how many points you can get! I agree, 200 seems unlikely but you never know!
nige

I'm pretty sure this has been done before. Suzuka 1000 endurance in Honda S2000 LM with NA3 tune against 2nd lineup.
Very exciting 6 hour race. Won by 10 seconds.

I've just easily won medium Tsukuba wet with my '94 (I think) Nissan Skyline with 350 odd HP & hard racing tires against the saleen S7 for 200 A-Spec points. It's incredibly easy! Must be the skylines 4WD.

whats the most points anybodys claimed in the Saleen S7 races? and what settings did they have on the car? I heard it was 200, and I'd like to know what their power/weight/equipment was if possible

whats the most points anybodys claimed in the Saleen S7 races? and what settings did they have on the car? I heard it was 200, and I'd like to know what their power/weight/equipment was if possible

Here's mine :

Circuit de la Sarthe - 200 points using N1/N3 tyres + 200 ballast + racing suspension + NOS ( set at 10 ) + Racing brakes + LSD

El Kapitan - 200 points ditto

SS5 - 200 points ditto

Suzuka - 164 points using N2/ N3 tyres ditto

Infineon - 191 points ditto ( tyres N2 i think - can't remember )

I am sure there is somebody who has 200 across the board - Fizio maybe.

nige

About Saleen... put some brake, tranny and suspension upgrades, 9000 miles on the clock, 200 ballast, NOS and N2/N3... I don't recall this race being so difficult... Switching from N1/N3 to N2/N3 with some more engine wear makes a lot of difference...--> 200pts in all races

About Saleen... put some brake, tranny and suspension upgrades, 9000 miles on the clock, 200 ballast, NOS and N2/N3... I don't recall this race being so difficult... Switching from N1/N3 to N2/N3 with some more engine wear makes a lot of difference...--> 200pts in all races

But, but , but .......... we're mere mortals ;),
not semi gods like you.

Some of these races are just plain hard, I mean really hard.
Just have a look at https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=68808 posts 32, 42 and 59.
It's only because of sheer determination and foolhardiness that I have got to where I am now. Realistically ? I expect/hope for approx 4100 more points and that's going to be it.

AMG.

Update on Saleen S7 races. Have just managed 200 points at Suzuka and Infineon to complete the set. Used N2/N3 tyres + Racing tranny, brakes etc with 200 ballast with 12000 miles on the clock. It was tough but much easier than using N1's.
Now I can retire this horrible machine to rust away in the garage never to see the light of day again!
There should be a Saleen S7 200 club . Members invited !
Nige

It's only because of sheer determination and foolhardiness that I have got to where I am now.

Jet you cleared that mission at Laguna after all...👍 After being able to get all those points I couldn't say that your driving is not so good as you always say... And you said it for yourself that you are getting used to N tyres...
Keep it up...👍

It was tough but much easier than using N1's.

Told you so...:)

I bow to your gaming skill and knowledge!👍 👍 👍
nige

Please, there is no need for that...

I've done Fuji 1000km yesterday with CLK GTR but it's hardly worth mentioning...
Won by 11 laps margin

Now off to Infineon for another 200...

I think I'm getting the hang of 200-pointers - all you need is a car that handles better than the competition, even with less power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back