200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey BobK,
What did you think of those McLaren settings?
Also, thanks for the heads up about the M5 in the other races... I think that's going to be my next set of races (get my 200 from them and some money... maybe a good prize car too!)

Hey BobK,
What did you think of those McLaren settings?
Also, thanks for the heads up about the M5 in the other races... I think that's going to be my next set of races (get my 200 from them and some money... maybe a good prize car too!)

Let's just say I'm about 15 seconds faster per lap with your settings than I am with the stock settings and let it go at that ;). I seriously need to get more practice/experience driving LMP's on Nurburgring. I do thank you for the settings though.

I believe the BMW McLaren F1 can certainly win the GTWC race on El Capitan for 200 points, I just need to put together a clean race to prove it. In three attempts so far I've blown a comfortable lead with stupid mistakes. The car is a bit trickier to drive than the Mazda 787B, which I used to get 100 points or so there.

I'm having trouble with the SuperSpeedway. I'm currently testing a run for 200 points there, but it's hard.

The Chapparral is too twitchy, and won't turn smoothly enough without spinning.
Even on my trusty Pescarolo, the lead Nissan R92CP gains ~0.5 seconds per lap. It pits more, but I'm still not on a 200-points trim - still without ballast.

How the hell is 200 points possible on a DS2?

I think I ran the 787b on the 150 lapper. It cornered much better than the R92cp out of the box. And I was able to run superhards the whole race.

Eidt: Forgot to mention, I used the black used version.

Actually it does for one car. The Chaparral 2J. The ride height affects the vacuum, so when the 2J is raised, it's downforce is lowered (decreasing A-spec points) and when lowered, the downforce increases (lowering A-spec points).

And all the time I was wondering why (on occasion) grippier tyres gave me less points with this car.
I couldn't figure it out but I will definitely test that tonight.👍

I was about to mention use the 240ZG (HS30). The most troublesome track for me was R246, too long a straight and having to fight 300Zs to get 200. MoV 0.035s.

This thread sure seen a lot of traffic today. last time I looked was last evening and now I'm spending half a hour reading updates....:)
Good!

I'm having trouble with the SuperSpeedway. I'm currently testing a run for 200 points there, but it's hard.
The Chapparral is too twitchy, and won't turn smoothly enough without spinning.
Even on my trusty Pescarolo, the lead Nissan R92CP gains ~0.5 seconds per lap. It pits more, but I'm still not on a 200-points trim - still without ballast.
How the hell is 200 points possible on a DS2?

Go back a number of posts (somewhere between 1400 and 1500 or so IIRC) and you'll find some info on how hard that one is ;)

AMG.

Go back a number of posts (somewhere between 1400 and 1500 or so IIRC) and you'll find some info on how hard that one is ;)

AMG.

Read it, seems good. This thread is simply too big to be easilly useable, and this is, by the way, the only mentioning of this enduro here.

I finally understood how to get a lead, too: Get inside on the straights, and wide on the turns. AI won't get your draft, soo I managed to earn 0.5 per split on the R92CP once I figured that out.

I pitted twice, the R8 pitted twice, the R92CP pitted 3 times, the BMW LMR, Nissan 390GT and Ford GT pitted too often to count.

I'll run it with the Mazda tomorrow, see what I'll get.

Read it, seems good. This thread is simply too big to be easilly useable, and this is, by the way, the only mentioning of this enduro here.
Yes, this thread is indeed extremely big. Maybe we should petition Jordan to get us a subforum similar to the Missions one and start adding info in a more structured way. ;)

I finally understood how to get a lead, too: Get inside on the straights, and wide on the turns. AI won't get your draft, soo I managed to earn 0.5 per split on the R92CP once I figured that out.
I'm still on 107 points on that particular race.

I applied exact same tactics, draft them but don't get drafted.
See: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2277620&postcount=1

But I see you've already read that one.👍

Indeed. I just did all five with the M5 for 200 pts each, up against the Saleen, Nardo, Cien and Ford GT. Infineon was the easiest though; I won Midfield Reverse by 0.181 seconds.

@ BobK, why didn't you tell me this earlier :banghead: :ouch: :ouch: 🤬 ;)
See https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2441753&postcount=1
Grrrrrrr!!!!

AMG.

Actually it does for one car. The Chaparral 2J. The ride height affects the vacuum, so when the 2J is raised, it's downforce is lowered (decreasing A-spec points) and when lowered, the downforce increases (lowering A-spec points).

Would you care to tell us where and how you observed this?

I was a bit skeptical, so I took a 2J to the GT All Stars race on Test Course. The car was on R1's, stage 3 turbo, fresh oil, 150kg ballast (930 hp). The ride height was set to the minimum 55mm both ends. The opposing lineup was the R92CP, Bentley Speed 8, Ford GT Spec II, Toyota 7 and Mazda 787B. I was offered 147 A-spec points. I quit the race, changed the ride height to the maximum 105mm and tried again. I was again offered 147 points. I quit again, then just to confirm that it wasn't just re-offering the original points (that would have been sweet though!) I removed the ballast and was now offered 88 points.

Yes, this thread is indeed extremely big. Maybe we should petition Jordan to get us a subforum similar to the Missions one and start adding info in a more structured way. ;)

Or perhaps a specific area in the Wiki pages. I'd volunteer to sort races out and make notes, links and everything...

A sub-forum would be better, but pages won't stay for more than a month, so It'll be almost like a bigger thread. It would, however, allow better and more detailed reports, with pictures and everything.

I applied exact same tactics, draft them but don't get drafted.
See: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2277620&postcount=1

But I see you've already read that one.👍

And from where exactly do you think I've had this idea?

@ BobK, why didn't you tell me this earlier :banghead: :ouch: :ouch: 🤬 ;)
See https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2441753&postcount=1
Grrrrrrr!!!!

AMG.

Another brilliant report, even though shorter. I keep on wondering why you still haven't got that "Quality Posts" badge... Too bad I still have to "spread some love" on others first.

And from where exactly do you think I've had this idea?
Yeah, I know but i didn't want to beat my own chest ;)

Another brilliant report, even though shorter. I keep on wondering why you still haven't got that "Quality Posts" badge... Too bad I still have to "spread some love" on others first.

Ah well it was only a 6 lap race, there wasn't much more info to share.

Hmm, Wiki, I may just give that some serious thought. I'd also like to hear from others participating in this thread even if it's going off topic a bit.

Edit: A sub-forum would be better, but pages won't stay for more than a month

umm, wadda ya mean by that? or have you got your settings in GTP set to see post for few days only ?

AMG.

Anyway, I was able to get 200 A-specs on the One Make Nissan Z races. I was using the wrong cars to race. Once I got the proper car it was relatively easy.

Would it be to much trouble to tell us what the proper car was? Kinda the point to this forum thread. 👍

Would it be to much trouble to tell us what the proper car was? Kinda the point to this forum thread. 👍

ahem, see post 1595 https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2441682&postcount=1595 :)

Anyone know some trick(s) on how to max out th Copen races, specifically Motorland and Autumn mini ?

Gawd, I 'love' those tracks. I can barely make 2nd place and still lagging by 3.9 - 2.7 secs. If only there were more laps, got plenty of NOS to spare but not enough track/laps....:scared:
Do you think an ironing board would help to straighten out some of the creases in those 2 tracks.

AMG.

Sorry, but it was too much trouble at the time. I was in a rush and didn't have time for all the info. Besides I thought the point of this thread is just to brag that I can do it, and you can't.:ouch: :lol:

I used an old '68 Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) with no oil (about 130 HP) for all races. I used S3s and tuned the car around those tires with basically ballast (whatever to make 200 pts) and nitrous (70). I used all suspension and drivetrain mods but didn't use any HP engine mods. I used a fairly stiff suspension (about 13.4/13.2) and 6/6 swaybars due to the vehicles tendency to wallow in turns. No ASM but TCS set to 2. I usually set the gearing to top out at the end of the longest straight with a bit of headroom.

The toughest races were Tokyo R246 Reverse and New York (long straights uses up nitro if you need to catch up). The other races were laughers, especially El Capitan. I reset the lineup a few times with a mixture of 300ZXs and 240Zs and another Fairlady, etc. The points vary rather widely but a few resets brings it back close to 200. I really didn't find any particular lineup that was unbeatable. I always had at least a couple of units of nitro left over on all races. I hardly used any nitro at all on El Capitan and still finished way ahead.

At New York you need to catch the first car and then it's easy by blocking and the Fairlady was able to outhandle all other cars on all those 90 degree turns. You only need nitro for the straights to stay ahead or you could just block.

Of all the old Zs, the Fairlady is easily the best of the bunch. The right car makes the 200 points easy.👍

About the Chaparral 2J points changing due to ride height:

I was wrong about ride height changing the points on the 2J. When I just tested changing the ride height, it didn't change the points. I don't know why I believed that to be the case with as much time as I've spent working with the 2J. There must have been something else I did that led me to such an error in judgment. I apologize about that misleading statement.

@AMG, I think a sub forum for this topic is an excellent idea! Would you do the honors of starting a thread on this in the Site Feedback forum? That way we can hash out the details there instead of continuing OT in this thread.

@AMG, I think a sub forum for this topic is an excellent idea! Would you do the honors of starting a thread on this in the Site Feedback forum? That way we can hash out the details there instead of continuing OT in this thread.

Hmm :) what started off as a bit of a joke seems to be getting 'serious' 👍
No problem, just give me a bit of time to think this thru a bit and come up with a half decent proposal and I'll take it to Site Feedback.

If any of you feel the need to contribute ideas (even if theyre just a bit of brainstorming) before then please PM me !

AMG.

Ok so I jumped the gun a bit :scared: and spent the last 2.5 hours writing a proposal.
Please visit
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87118

Apologies for going off topic.

Sorry, but it was too much trouble at the time. I was in a rush and didn't have time for all the info. Besides I thought the point of this thread is just to brag that I can do it, and you can't.

I used an old '68 Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) with no oil (about 130 HP) for all races. I used S3s and tuned the car around those tires with basically ballast (whatever to make 200 pts) and nitrous (70). I used all suspension and drivetrain mods but didn't use any HP engine mods. I used a fairly stiff suspension (about 13.4/13.2) and 6/6 swaybars due to the vehicles tendency to wallow in turns. No ASM but TCS set to 2. I usually set the gearing to top out at the end of the longest straight with a bit of headroom.

Thanks for the information! I usually have the easiest time on El Capitan too, absolutely love that track, and Tokyo is quite the opposite...

For those that have yet to complete the Aston martins.
The thread mentions the DB7 N2/N3 200 ballast +1800 miles for 200.

I let it run on test track for 12000 miles. I was at work or else I would have quit earlier.
I'd already completed Fuji 90's (the 'easy' 200 track) but for a while tried the above combo. NO WAY Jose. I just couldnt hack it.

With 12000 miles I went back to Hong Kong and the 1st lineup contained.
DB7
DB9
V8 Vantage
2x Vanquish.
In about 10 tries I managed to progress from 171 - 184 (S1+200W) - 190 (N3+50W) - 195 (+100W) - 200 (+150W) points. Every time the cars would finish the way they started.
Don't ask me why, cause I cant explain it but set TCS to 4 and Tranny to 11.

Then on to Autumn Ring. (only 151pt there :scared: )
2nd lineup
Vanquish
V8 vantage
DB7
2xDB9

Offered 189 points and made it on S1 + 200W first go! Promising.
Switched to N3 + 100W and was offered 200pt, and made it by 1.975 secs!

Funny how at one time some races seem impossible and later on it all seems to work out for the best!

AMG.

I'm just starting to play with tcs and asm, and i'm over 80% done with game. I use a pad, and even so, I can feel more power at the wheels. I just started playing with the "z" race in Nissan.

[RANT-MODE]Damn Blackpool Racers.

I did some 200-points testing in a stock Cerbera Speed 6, still on S2s. With all the regular non-power/weight upgrades, and some others, it yielded 200 points against the Speed 12. Obviously, it's a little too high as a goal. So I tried a line-up without the Speed 12, and it yielded around 20 points, I think. Is there any chance for a 200-points without the Speed 12? I think all TVRs have 350HP... How much would downgrading add? The Speed 12 is MUCH too fast, and ballast + N1s didn't help either (Not against the Speed 12, nor in order to achieve the 200-points goal)

EDIT: Forget it, found some help. *Increases support for the subforum idea*

Seriously though, this race seriously needs a championship - it's so tough looking for a lineup without the Speed 12.

EDIT 2: Just did Sunday Cup for 200, using a mixture of cars - one for every race. One with the Volvo GLT, one with the Toyota Pickup, one with the Alfa Sprint Speciale + Ballast, and some others I can't recall. Great fun, especially when you're trying to comply with OLR rules. The win with the Alfa @ High Speed Ring was very close, a Lupo GTI was the main competitor - I killed it on the corners, he made up on the straights. I barely managed to scrape a win, MOV of less than 0.1. The pickup was boring and overkill.

[RANT-MODE]Damn Blackpool Racers.
I did some 200-points testing in a stock Cerbera Speed 6, still on S2s. With all the regular non-power/weight upgrades, and some others, it yielded 200 points against the Speed 12.

Funny you should mention this. Back in May I ran these races with a Tuscan Speed 6 with difficulty against a Speed 12 in position 4.
Won
192 on N3 +200W
161 on S1 +200W
169 on S2 +200W
162 on S2 +200W
168 on N3 +200W

A few days ago I discovered that I should need the Cerbera Six. I had not been paying attention enough to the first part of the car name and assumed that the old posts in this thread just mingled 6 and Six. I'd not even paid attention to the first part of the name. :dunce:
Fortunately today I was only 6 days away from buying the correct 2nd hand car.

I ran 4 out of 5 races (Fuji to do after this post)
I made sure each lineup contained the Speed 12 in position 4 AND there should not be a V8S in the lineup because that car seriously brings down you Aspec points.

With the Speed 12 + V8S max was 189 on S1
With Speed 12 but without the V8S max was 200 on S2

I used S2 tyres + 200 ballast for 200 points and NOS 40 to get the lead. In most cases 1-3 units was enough.
MoV
Suzuka 11.6s (speed 12 2nd) no NOS
SSR5 7.9s (speed 12 2nd)
Laguna 6.7s (speed 12 2nd)
Opera 13.12s (Speed 12 got unlucky and went from 3 - 5th)
Fuji still to do but I think that too shouldn't pose too much of a problem.
Finding a lineup is a bit of a pita. Where I first thought this to be a very tough series, I'm now having fun.

So give that a try. I'm a crappy driver and I'm really surprised by these results. Let me know how it went.

Edit: Fuji 2005 finished. The Speed12 was in 3rd and finished 2nd. Needed all NOS at setting 40. Mov 2.9 secs for 200.
Had to rerun the race as I missed the first corner, was paying too much attention at what the speed 12 was up to :ouch:

AMG.

Just ran Race of the Red emblem with my SKYLINE Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62 on Trial Mountain and won by almost 30 seconds for 200 pts.

I think there's something wrong there.:dunce:

So with NOS, a Cerbera Speed Six, normal, S2s, ballast should give 200, AND be win-able? Did you change the oil?

I think this series just earned the name "Best sounding race-series". :drool: Tuscan. :drool V8S.

And if this series was a championship, finding the lineup wouldn't be such a pita. Like this one:
pita.jpg

So with NOS, a Cerbera Speed Six, normal, S2s, ballast should give 200, AND be win-able? Did you change the oil?

I ran this series last evening after spending the whole Saturday and most of the evening "finishing" my extensive prepwork for the 'new forum'. I got the Cerbera Speed Six, with 28/29xxx miles on it.
Added
FC tranny but no changes made.
RC flywheel
TR clutch
NOS 40
N1, N2, N3 & S1
RC Suspension
Lowered ride hide a bit 10mm or so and firmed up susp to round about 10 (I'm still in the dark with this stuff)
No oil change ( I never do that for max points)
ASMTCS set to 002 but 000 would probably have been fine as well.

In the first 10 lineups there are about 2 that would qualify as 'good'
No V8S and the Speed 12 in 4th. It gets a bit tougher with the Speed 12 in 3rd but still doable.
After Laguna I reset the PS2 as it took a while longer to find the right lineup. It's probably quicker to reset the console 1 or 2 times.

I just could not believe how easy this series was.
The thread mentioned using the Cerbera Speed Six on N3, no oil and 200W for 200pt. He probably ran the race without the Speed 12?

The very 1st re-try since May was for 192 points and I finished Suzuka >16 secs on S2 + 150W (with a speed 12 in there). I could not believe my eyes.

In all fairness Suzuka and SS5 I could have won without using NOS at all.
Fuji 05 needed all my NOS due to the long straight sections.

Perhaps the GT4-software goes friendly after racing for over 10.000 days ???? Wouldn't that be a bonus! :)

All we would have to do then is buy the game, advance to day 10.000 and then start the game proper. 👍

AMG.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I've got a few Cerberas in various states of tune lying around in my garage.

Though I found a post by RenesisEvo, where he stated that a V8S with NA tune could also win...

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I've got a few Cerberas in various states of tune lying around in my garage.

Though I found a post by RenesisEvo, where he stated that a V8S with NA tune could also win...

That was a very easy series to win 200 A-spec points. I used the V8S on all races against the Speed 12. One of the best races was at Laguna Seca with the Speed 12 in first spot. That was a doozy. He handled better than I thought he would. It took near the end of the final lap to catch him with liberal doses of nitrous. The Speed 12 started in the third spot at Opera, I was able to nitro pass him and he got stuck behind slower Speed 6s. I motored away without a care in the world.

I'm over 104,000 points and counting. I'll submit a status screen shot when I make sure I've done all the races. That is going to be a time-consuming process. I completed some races with quite less than 200 A-specs just to get over the Hundred Grand hump. I'll have to break in several cars to get them to the old oil condition. Several come to mind: Saleen, Audi A3, AM Vantage, Hyundai Tiburon, VW Golf GTI, Citroen CV, etc. That's going to be a another PITA time sucker.

I'm finally getting the hang of driving with Standard tires. Still N1s are a headache. I went back and ran Mission 34 with the McLaren and those tires now feel like racing slicks. It's so easy to catch the Gullwing now. When I first tried long ago I couldn't even catch the 3rd place Evo.

The last WRS's improved my N-tyre skills a lot, I'm now driving some races on them for fun. I'm not aiming for 200 points everywhere, I'm simply gradually increasing the points. Without aids, and with N-tyres, it's much more fun. You have to be carefull in every bend, especially if you want to pass overpowered opponents...

And the Speed 12, I noticed, really does handle better than one expects in the hands of the AI. I mean, the AI has a reputation for bad handling of lightweight cars.. Ginetta, Toyota 7 Can-Am racer, Formula Gran Turismo. They all spin out and go off-track in the hands of AI, so I thought the Speed 12 would do the same and join the ones with "I visited the armco in every track and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt" club.

Finished Le Sarth I - 24h for 200pts last night...
Used Stock Mercedes CLK GTR with 60kg ballast R1/R1 (on first pit changed to R2/R1)...
I managed it in 7 days and it weared me out preety much...

Opponents was
Sauber C9
Mazda787B
Toyota GT one
Nissan 89
Nissan 92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back