2010 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

That would be a 100% repeat of what Schumacher did to Rubens after the Austrian mess (gave him the win at that years Indy GP).

Some "gifts" shouldn't be given nor accepted. If Massa is WDC material he should try to win this last race. If he locks the 1st place even if Webber finishes second Alonso only has to finish 5th.

No, that was an accident in the US GP that year. They were going for a photo finish and Michael slowed down too much while Rubens didn't and he took the accidental victory by about foot if even that. It wasn't a big deal for Schumacher though.

That would only give the other teams to protest "Team Orders" another senario would be in the starting grid where Massa is ordered to plow "Punt" the two RBR cars and give the win to Alonso. 💡

No, it wouldn't because it's not team orders and Red Bull are going to do the same thing anyway if Vettel leads Webber. It's completely up to the driver and if a driver makes that decision, there is absolutely nothing in the rulebook that says there's anything wrong with it. Team orders would not be involved unless the team specifically told Alonso to let Massa through (or Vettel and Webber, which they've said won't happen).

I highly doubt Massa will even be a factor in Dubai but I'm just throwing that out there. Would be interesting to see. Senna gave Berger the victory in Japan in 1991 at the last corner since he had a tough season and Mansell had retired, granting Senna the championship even with a 2nd. And with all this talk about a tainted championship for Alonso if he wins by less than 7 points, it would be a nice way for him to seal it.

:lol:

It's just an observation I have with Alonso haters and their country of origin.

Ah, ok. Well to be fair, I could say the same about Lewis Hamilton haters being from Spain. Although I am not accusing you of this, as I do not know your country of origin and views. Admittedly , I hate Alonso. And yes, because of 2007. Although not because he was racing against a British driver in the same team. My personal opinion is that no team or driver should have to put up with his self righteous 🤬. I'm not biased...

Anyway, back to the actual topic of this thread. I'd like to raise this question. Who here thinks Williams can secure sixth in the constructors? Although I'd love to see them get sixth (despite it not being much to shout about), I'm not so certain they'll be that competitive this weekend. Except for the two long straights, I'd say Abu Dhabi has some similarities to the Hungaroring. And they weren't so quick there. Then again however, the technical side of things was never my strong point. So anyone want to point me in the right direction if I'm talking nonsense?

(Sorry for taking so long to reply. Internet packed up) :mad:

I have to be honest, I think Alonso is too stuck up himself to make a kind gesture like that. Its all about him in his mind as far as I can tell. :indiff:

But isn't it, really? I mean Fernando is the center of the Universe, far as anyone can tell.

He is a double world champion after all. He was the guy that knocked Schumi off his perch so I think he has a right to be a little up himself. I know I would be if that was me. Hell I'm like that now.

What did Hamilton do? Beat Massa? By one point?

Ok.

He is a double world champion after all. He was the guy that knocked Schumi off his perch so I think he has a right to be a little up himself. I know I would be if that was me. Hell I'm like that now.

What did Hamilton do? Beat Massa? By one point?

Ok.

:lol:

Hamilton has a right to be uppity... he almost won WDC on his rookie season... one of the Cinderella fantasies that every driver has. Too bad there was that whole Spy-Gate thing, the in-fighting with Alonso, the choking (the awful choking) and all that... it's like trying to win a marathon with a bar fight happening all around you...

A win is a win... no matter how small. I pity Massa because that was probably his last chance at WDC... he just doesn't have the ungodly arrogance and ambition it takes to win another one... not unless he moves to the next "Brawn GP" miracle...

So excited with all the permutations and possible pressure the drivers face and team mates fighting it out. But knowing F1, anything can happen and it could really be an anti-climax and pretty straight forward point score for Alonso or Webber.

I wouldn't mind an Alonso engine blow up with Vettel/Webber getting too close and take each other out with a McLaren 1/2.

If Alonso gets the points he deserves it in my book.

Guys, why does everyone call Alonso stuck up and all, apart from the Massa thing, what did he do? I'm not an Alonso fan, I hope he doesn't finish this race, but only because I want Vettel to win.

It's his attitude towards it all, mostly. Like saying he supports Red Bull's decision to be sporting this wekeend. We all know he's saying it because it will make his championship bid easier, but he pretends like he supports them because they're being good sports.

You never cease to amaze me. First of all, this a complete assumption and misinterpretation of the article on your part, particularly in that you think Fernando is pretending he supports their equality because they're good sports.

Since you've provided your own conclusion and jaded interpretation of what he said, I will re-quote what he said (please do not assume anymore): "Red Bull has spent three months preaching about equality, so now they should continue with the same philosophy." This was all he said...

I agree with Fernando here. I mean RBR and their ownership have gone on and on (like you) taking stabs at Ferrari regarding their use of team orders, claiming they don't manipulate things like Ferrari as if they are too good for that. So if they do implement team orders at Abu Dhabi, IMO they will look like the epitome of scummy hypocrites (to Ferrari and especially people like me). So I must say, I completely agree with Alonso here in that RBR should stick to what they preach.

I had posted a article on page 5 of this thread regarding an interview with Dietrich Mateschitz (Red Bull owner) where he goes on and on preaching (as Alonso says) about how RBR are such great sportsman who don't manipulate things like Ferrari.

Here were some of his quotes:

"We'll do it next year. But our philosophy stays the same because this is sport and it must remain sport.

"We don't manipulate things like Ferrari do. The whole world condemned them after what they did in Hockenheim.

"But we have turned out to look like idiots because we have not acted in this way.

"But we have never even thought about it as long as both our drivers remain in the hunt for the Championship.

"So a second place under correct circumstances might be better than a win on grounds of orders and confirmations."

Last edited:
You never cease to amaze me.
This, coming from the guy who doesn't seem to understand the notion that people form their own opinions about things, opinions that may actually be different to yours. You want to talk about connotations and interpretation? I can do that: you like to present yourself as The Guy Who Knows Things, but you have a real "If you don't agree with me, then you have no value whatsoever" vibe. Honestly, I can smell your arrogance from two subforums away.

Sorry if the truth hurts in your case :indiff:

And it's not a matter of opinion here, so stop being so sensitive, especially considering the flame bate worthy crap (99% of the time against Alonso or Ferrari) you end up posting at any chance you get. When you continue to post rubbish where you completely misinterpret what someone says and add in your on conclusion to fuel your cause, don't be surprised to be shot down by me time and time again - and if I get banned from the forum for doing so, so be it.

Sorry if the truth hurts in your case
Truth? There's no truth in what you say. Whatever truth there may have been is invariably twisted so that you can show us all just how clever and knowledgeable and condescending you are.

And it's not a matter of opinion here
It's absolutely a matter of opinion. grbmrdj asked why people don't like Alonso. I gave him reasons why I think people don't like Alonso.

don't be surprised to be shot down by me time and time again
You, shoot me down? You don't even come close. I've been shot down before, and it's usually by someone who simply points out the innaccuracies in my post. All you do is post "Blah blah blah, you're wrong because you're not me" and twist everything I say to make yourself seem better. I challenge you: make one post where you don't take it upon yourself to be judge, jury and executioner.

and if I get banned from the forum for doing so, so be it.
Be my guest. The forum will be better off without you.

Truth? There's no truth in what you say. Whatever truth there may have been is invariably twisted so that you can show us all just how clever and knowledgeable and condescending you are.

It's unfortunate you get so defensive to the point to where everything becomes completely over your head.

It's absolutely a matter of opinion. grbmrdj asked why people don't like Alonso. I gave him reasons why I think people don't like Alonso..

There's a difference between an opinion which is based on clear evidence and an opinion which you form on some quote (Alonso said) which you have purposely misinterpreted and contorted to help feed your negative agenda (providing misinformation as to why you and others should not like Alonso).

You, shoot me down? You don't even come close. I've been shot down before, and it's usually by someone who simply points out the innaccuracies in my post. All you do is post "Blah blah blah, you're wrong because you're not me" and twist everything I say to make yourself seem better. I challenge you: make one post where you don't take it upon yourself to be judge, jury and executioner.

Be my guest. The forum will be better off without you.

Actually it would probably be better off without your misinforming, anti-Ferrari agenda filled, secretively biased, flame bate posting style.

I'm done with you. You are a complete PHONY in my book. From now on I avoid engaging in discussion with you. I might make a comment on your post (in a polite manner - yes I'm capable of doing so) but forget having a discussion with someone as delusioned as you.

Sincerely,
"Mr. Arrogant"

Back on topic! :ill:

Last edited:
It's unfortunate you get so defensive to the point to where everything becomes completely over your head.
I'm ot in over my head. I know exactly what I'm doing.

There's a difference between an opinion which is based on clear evidence and an opinion which you form on some quote (Alonso said) which you have purposely misinterpreted and contorted to help feed your negative agenda (providing misinformation as to why you and others should not like Alonso).
I'm sorry if you cannot read subtext to Alonso's comments and I can. I'm sorry that you are so naive that you can only take peoples' comments at face value.

Actually it would probably be better off without your misinforming, anti-Ferrari agenda filled, secretively biased, flame bate posting style.
I have my opinions. I defend my opinions. I don't go telling people that they have no right to have an opinion.

I'm done with you. You are a complete PHONY in my book.
The only fraud here is you. You like to let on that you know what you're talking about, but you have no idea. I've never seen any substance in your posts; everything you say is constructed to talk down to people, but your words have no meaning.

Last edited:
ok, FP1 done, Vettel is P1 but the first thing to notice really is that the McLarens are definitely up there (Hamilton P2; Button P3)! Of course this was just a "shakedown" and everything is still being tested and tuned, but it appears that Sunday's race won't be only between Alonso and the RBR drivers!

EDIT: Just to add that Senna is faster than Klien so far (I'm very interested in this particular "battle")

Last edited:
Ferrari never seem to take FP1 seriously.

They do not go for fastest lap that's for sure. After a brief stint with I suppose light fuel load (but hard tyres) they both switched to do some "full tank load" laps. But that's serious testing too because those are the conditions at the start (and first few laps).

Alonso will possibly try the softer tyres in FP2. It'll be the last session for the engine he is now using so he can use it until meltdown ;) Not sure what's Massa's status regarding engines though

Ferrari never seem to take FP1 seriously.
I thik that's because they do things differently. Most of the teams seem to prefer running one driver light and one heavy in FP1, and then swapping them around for FP2, with FP3 being for fine-tuning the setup. I have no idea what the exact tactical benefit of this situation is, but they do it anyway. Ferrari, on the other hand, seem to like running both their drivers heavy in FP1 and both light in FP2. I guess it's so that they get a feeling for where everyone is before showing their hand. And it probably gives the circuit the opportunity to rubber in ahead of FP2, thus allowing both Ferrari drivers the maximum opportunity to be at their fastest. It's a decent strategy, but it only works because everyone else does something different.

Back