2010 Formula One Japanese Grand Prix

• Thread starter Peter
  • 382 comments
I heard about the slight chance of rain. It looks like we're in for a fun weekend...

Last year, qualifying had caused a few bumps and scrapes on certain cars. If it does rain, Q1 to Q3 will be something to watch.

I just realised that I'm going to be up at 6a.m. on Sunday. I be banned due to swearing and spamming by the end of the day if Kubica crashes out as that's my morning wasted. Either that or I would put my fist through a wall from a mix of tiredness and anger.

Suzuka is the only race of the season that I actively anticipate watching, so I'm pretty pumped. I'm still not going to be staying up to watch it, but I do have it set to tape.

I would absolutely love it if Kobayashi got himself a podium here. If there is supposed to be tropical rainstorms it could be a possibility.

Id say if they don't cancel it by the end of the race weekend then the Korean GP will be set to go. What do they still have left to do on the track there?

Id say if they don't cancel it by the end of the race weekend then the Korean GP will be set to go. What do they still have left to do on the track there?
The FIA will do the circuit inspection on the 11th, after the Japanese GP. Last I read was that the track surface isn't good enough to race on yet.

EDIT: Since nobody has posted it yet, Mark Webber in the RB simulator:

Last edited:
The FIA will do the circuit inspection on the 11th, after the Japanese GP. Last I read was that the track surface isn't good enough to race on yet.

Do you reckon Webber feels weird *not* wearing his helmet?!?!

C.

Do you reckon Webber feels weird *not* wearing his helmet?!?!

C.
Probably less hotter that way, since in the simulator he doesn't have to worry about crashing or having an insect hit his face while doing 200 kph. ;)

Looking forward to this weekend. Great track, close drivers championship bring it on

Personally, these things bore me. Most of the time they show the arrow going around the track, tracing the track layout, or just Webber's face, talking about the track, rather than the real star of the show, rfactor pro.

Pardon the double post, but I remember hearing the guys on Speed saying they they show FP1 on their website now. Any one post a link please?

Sheesh, Vettel has another new helmet, a Japanese flag.
Its very similar to Kamui's new helmet for his home grand prix.
I understand Kamui having a Japanese flag but Vettel is German not Japanese.. Silly Vettel :P
Even Hulkenberg has a Japanese flag.. What is the obsession with the Japanese flag?

Last edited:
Sheesh, Vettel has another new helmet, a Japanese flag.
Its very similar to Kamui's new helmet for his home grand prix.
I understand Kamui having a Japanese flag but Vettel is German not Japanese.. Silly Vettel :P
Even Hulkenberg has a Japanese flag.. What is the obsession with the Japanese flag?

It's a pretty cool flag bro. :P

Interesting how the Renaults seem to have leapfrogged McLaren in pace... though McLaren could just be preserving their engines for qualifying and race-day... Wouldn't be surprised if Alonso's pace is all down to engine preservation.

So, looks like the RedBulls are by far the fastest, I expect a close fight for pole between Vettel and Webber of course.

It'll be interesting to see how Hamilton does in the race with the new additions and the lack of track time

I'm actually JUST starting to follow the F1 season THIS season. I wish there was a F1 general discussion but there really isn't. But since Spa the first race I watched it has been pretty intense season and other than Schumacher I think Vettel would have to be my favorite driver

Back