2010 Formula One Turkish Grand Prix

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 423 comments
I recommend everyone on here to watch the F1.com race edit. 2 very interesting bits of team radio.
The problem is that we only know what the team told Hamilton. What did they tell Button? If they were issuing orders, why didn't they tell him before he passed? And what did issuing orders acheive? If Button had won the race, he would have passed Webber for the lead of championship, thus reinforcing the psychological blow to Red Bull.

I'm guessing that Hamilton's side of the garage told him that Button wouldn't pass - but that Button's side of the garage either didn't know or didn't pass the message on in time. As such, they told Button to give the place back because Hamilton wouldn't have conceded the place otherwise.

The problem is that we only know what the team told Hamilton. What did they tell Button? If they were issuing orders, why didn't they tell him before he passed? And what did issuing orders acheive? If Button had won the race, he would have passed Webber for the lead of championship, thus reinforcing the psychological blow to Red Bull.

I'm guessing that Hamilton's side of the garage told him that Button wouldn't pass - but that Button's side of the garage either didn't know or didn't pass the message on in time. As such, they told Button to give the place back because Hamilton wouldn't have conceded the place otherwise.

I thought the bought the two engineers together in the garage onto the 'central control' to improve communication? :sly:

But seriously, surely both race engineers have constant contact with Martin on the pit wall? I mean I can understand the Webber/Vettel incident as I read that they instructed Webber to let Vettel past or cus back the revs abit but apparently Pilbeam couldn't bring himself to tell Webber the situation.

Just odd with that radio transmission saying he WON'T pass he then does.

Hamilton took the place back.

Clearly... and was surprised by Button.

About Vettel getting the GO from the team... I guess I've been blaming the wrong guy all the time! Maybe he just turned convinced Webber would open up as by team orders, and that explains the confident turn to the right, and the loony gesture.

Oh, and RedBull and McLaren team managers are complete idiots. Telling one pilot to go, and not warning the other? Complete idiots.

And blaming Webber in the end? Morons...

McLaren saying in their team it would not happen?? Presumptuous jerks... Thank the 2 World Champs for not crashing as well!

Team orders suck... but this misleading half worded communication is worst.

Again, and as usual, everything that happens off the track just ruins F1...

Back