2010 Formula One Turkish Grand Prix

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 423 comments
I think this picture sums up why we need to give the argument over the crash a rest:

155387.jpg

Obviously, they have.

Seb is pushing Mark to the edge of the picture, I'm sure I've seen something like this before.....

Also, anyone care to write dialog boxes on the picture? It would be thread worthy. :D

The team have clearly ordered such a picture to be taken to put all this embarrassment to bed. Total nonsense!

Really? Cause it looks the other way around to me; like Pacquiao just KO'd Hatton with his sweaty armpit smell...:scared:

No, he was singing to Hatton and Hatton fell asleep. :dopey:

Just watch Hamilton (and other, but him mostly) and the different lines approaching, braking and taking T12 and T13 on this:

That's what I'd like to see more in F1. More room, less room, inside, outside, dirty track, clean line... pfff

I think at 1:11 in the video was what Webbers intention not the final outcome. Just a little love tap. Oh well, hugs and kisses everyone!

Last edited:
No, he was singing to Hatton and Hatton fell asleep. :dopey:

I think at 1:11 in the video was what Webbers intention not the final outcome. Just a little love tap. Oh well, hugs and kisses everyone!

I know what you are talking about without checking the video... Hamilton squeezed someone out, through the right hander on top of the hill, right?

Guess what, Hamilton did. Difference to Webber is:
- Hamilton put his left front on the side of the opponent, who was already on the kerb and could not go further out, forcing contact or grass.
- When it occured, Hamilton was expecting it and ran away to the far right.

Webber/Vettel incident was a bit further ahead, going straight down to T12.
- Webber stood still while Vettel turned in to him with room to go straight.
- The move was (if not sudden) unexpected and Webber almost got taken out as well.

I know what you are talking about without checking the video... Hamilton squeezed someone out, through the right hander on top of the hill, right?

Guess what, Hamilton did. Difference to Webber is:
- Hamilton put his left front on the side of the opponent, who was already on the kerb and could not go further out, forcing contact or grass.
- When it occured, Hamilton was expecting it and ran away to the far right.

Webber/Vettel incident was a bit further ahead, going straight down to T12.
- Webber stood still while Vettel turned in to him with room to go straight.
- The move was (if not sudden) unexpected and Webber almost got taken out as well.

No argument there. :)

Why the change of heart?

He still thinks it's part Webber's fault. He thinks Webber shouldn't have been in the way when Vettel turned into him. Which no matter way you put it, is what the contradicting argument amounts to.

I don't think Webber was ever trying to make any contact whatsoever. He was trying to put pressure on his opponent and make it his opponenet's choice which way they want to end up.
Vettel on the other hand, probably thought of giving him a tap, he can have a nasty side to him (see China 2010 pit lane incident with Hamilton). But I don't think this incident was a result of that, I think Vettel had the intention of either edging Mark over again or just thought Webber wasn't there for some unknown reason.

No argument there. :)

Cool! As long as you see Webber as not seeking contact or not leaving enough room is good enough,

Why the change of heart?

...despite he is still viewing Webber as having some fault, by "upsetting" Vettel.

He still thinks it's part Webber's fault. He thinks Webber shouldn't have been in the way when Vettel turned into him. Which no matter way you put it, is what the contradicting argument amounts to.

Yes...

I don't think Webber was ever trying to make any contact whatsoever (...), I think Vettel had the intention of either edging Mark over again or just thought Webber wasn't there for some unknown reason.

...and that sums up what dozens of us said. No one had "intention" of contact. But Vettel "assumed" Webber had given way, or was going to flinch and he turned and that is the last avoidable action that produced the contact.

Cool! As long as you see Webber as not seeking contact or not leaving enough room is good enough,

...despite he is still viewing Webber as having some fault, by "upsetting" Vettel.

Yes...

...and that sums up what dozens of us said. No one had "intention" of contact. But Vettel "assumed" Webber had given way, or was going to flinch and he turned and that is the last avoidable action that produced the contact.

That pretty much sums it up for me. Except I don't see it as a contradiction just the way it is, a bad incident with two drivers having two differnt assumptions of what the other was going to do.

Last edited:
So, can we bring this argument to the thread made for it? Jeez, there's been no posts for the last 10 pages that was about anything else in the race.

So, can we bring this argument to the thread made for it? Jeez, there's been no posts for the last 10 pages that was about anything else in the race.

Besides that and the Button Hamilton fight, was there anything else in the race?
:P

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Alex.
Billy Madison - Insanely Idiotic (Academic Decathalon)

Ooops sorry they were awesome at Turkey, look at how bad arse they were.:rolleyes:

Picture+46.png

I'm referring to this race as the thread title so obviously shows, then followed by the video I posted of McLaren showing how it's done.

Sebastian-Vettel-006.jpg

Last edited:
I recommend everyone on here to watch the F1.com race edit. 2 very interesting bits of team radio.

Ii was going to mention the same thing http://www.formula1.com/video/race_edits.html 👍

I found the conversation Lewis had with the pitwall to be quite telling. McLaren told Lewis that both cars were in fuel-saving mode. Lewis then informs the pit that Jenson is closing in on him, to which the pitwall replies "Understood." Lewis than asks: "Is Jenson going to try and pass me?" and the pitwall says "No.".

Soon after that Jenson passes Lewis on the back straight :lol:

No wonder Lewis was looking so glum after the race. I bet he thought the team wanted Jenson to win it.

I went to the Iplayer to try and catch what they said in the room after the race while the camera was on them.

Unlucky for us Jenson is cut off mid sentence after Lewis (Who I was told by the race engineer who was on the podium moments before the conversation started) Who subtly reminds Jenson the camera does have a mic.

The most revealing piece of team radio I think was the transmission to Vettel saying 'Remember to use your boost button to pass on the straight.'

Boost button? could that be their secret? Although if it's true it clearly doesn't work very well if the McLarens are still faster!

Boost button? could that be their secret? Although if it's true it clearly doesn't work very well if the McLarens are still faster!

I believe the "boost button" simply allows the engine to rev to maximum rpms when in fuel conservation mode.

Back