2010 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 369 comments
Here's the transcript of an interesting BBC article regarding the mindset of top drivers pitched against each other in the same team.

Source

Can Jenson overcome the challenges facing him and beat Lewis in his own team? Its going to be exciting viewing watching him try.

Ps. I'm not sure if you can access the BBC site from outside the UK, which is why I've put the text there, apologies if it was unnecessary.

That's an awesome article; if read aloud, sounds like one of those intros the NFL does here in the States just before the Superbowl.

:dopey: genius it ain't.
With the potential for some extra publicity who do you think would be a good new sponsor?

how about British Airways, American airlines or Quantas? What about HMV or itunes? :lol:

How about midland rail?

But could this be the sort of thing that you find out in testing?!

C.

I have to admit, my first impression of the HRT car images was that it looked shorter than any of the other cars.

I couldn't find any data though.

...and a Ron Dennis smile.

When has that ever happened? Osella is more likely to re-join F1 racing mid-season, and win a race a on its first attempt with a turbine-powered car, navigated by monkeys.

Last edited:
Quite interested in Senna's new time machine...
It's just people spreading rumours because Hispania had their garage doors closed. They don't know what they're talking about, but they figure that if they post something that sounds like it could be true, people will be more likely to read their blogs and Twitter feeds. Like that guy who claimed Renault are in trouble. I spoke to him on another forum and he has no idea what he's doing. He doesn't even know if his "source" works for Renault at all.

When has that ever happened? Osella is more likely to re-join F1 racing mid-season, and win a race a on its first attempt with a turbine-powered car, navigated by monkeys.

That took a while :lol:

Maybe we should run a poll with the following,...

What is the least likely outcome of the first 2010 F1 race;

- Osella turn up as the surprise outfit to replace USF1
- the Virgin Car proves that green technology is best as it finishes the race by only burning half the fuel of other cars
- The whole field bar Senna fails to finish and the journalists proclaim that Ayton Senna is reborn in his nephews body
- Ron Dennis smiles

- the Virgin Car proves that green technology is best as it finishes the race by only burning half the fuel of other cars

That means the Osella was definitely green & eco-friendly, they completed far less laps due to breakdowns and failures to actually qualify.

Too bad their PR department didn't leap onto that in the 1980's.

A quick look at the Osella team achievements suggests they don't make for a great role model to new and aspiring teams but, the greenies must really love them. :dunce:

Lets hope the new teams fair a little better.

It's just people spreading rumours because Hispania had their garage doors closed. They don't know what they're talking about, but they figure that if they post something that sounds like it could be true, people will be more likely to read their blogs and Twitter feeds. Like that guy who claimed Renault are in trouble. I spoke to him on another forum and he has no idea what he's doing. He doesn't even know if his "source" works for Renault at all.

I think you missed my point!!!

C.

Does anyone else think that the rule that the top 10 have to run on the same tires they used in Q3 might cause a few mysterious incidents where a car that could maybe qualify 8th or 9th might choose to instead aim for 11th so as to start on a fresh set of tires in the race?

Does anyone else think that the rule that the top 10 have to run on the same tires they used in Q3 might cause a few mysterious incidents where a car that could maybe qualify 8th or 9th might choose to instead aim for 11th so as to start on a fresh set of tires in the race?

We were discussing this a few pages back, I'm not sure what the conclusion was though. There certainly will be an advantage to the cars in 11th or 12th but, how would you be able to ensure you got that position? the best bet would be to go for 10th by not putting in a time in Q3.
Ultimately we will have to wait and see, not long now though.

As far as I can see, it's just similar to the whole fiasco we had last year with 10th grid place being limited to running the same level of fuel in the race as in qualifying, whilst 11th got to choose whatever fuel load they wished.

Did it mean drivers aimed for 11th? rather than top 10?
Nope.

We were discussing this a few pages back, I'm not sure what the conclusion was though.

I don't think we came to much of a conclusion before, Ardius brought his conspiracy theory to the table and apart from that I think we all agree that it'll be interesting to see how things pan out as the season progresses.

What happens if 5 cars do that though!?

C.

I doubt that is very likely and if we find ourselves with a situation where drivers are blatantly not trying to their full potential then the race stewards will almost certainly get involved.

Practice tomorrow. Well excited! Anything is exciting at the moment since I've been deprived of F1 for 4 months!

Practice tomorrow. Well excited! Anything is exciting at the moment since I've been deprived of F1 for 4 months!

Finally!!!!

Gonna be asleep/getting up/driving to work during P1... will have to spend the morning sifting the 'net for lots of info...

Will watch P2 & 3 whilst "working"!!!

Can't wait for Quali on Saturday!!

C.

I think some of you are perhaps over-stating the performance issue here, we don't know yet firstly, and secondly the teams generally know by Saturday which tyre works well. Its always a gamble though, so I highly doubt teams will aim for 11th on purpose.
Most of the time last year we found that tyres could be very unpredictable, I don't think it will be so clear cut for 11th to be the great advantage, not the same as fuel strategy.

I'm not so sure it will be so clear cut anyway, and I don't think it will ruin qualifying at all.

Back