2010 Korean Grand Prix

Mate i really don't want to go in a huge discussion with you here....

The "assumption" you seem to think i made whas all based on the feeling i think some drivers having an edge over others....(read my first post....) some drivers are WC and some are just not...even IF THEY WINN RACES!!!!!!!!!!!!

And about the "men" I SPOKE ABOUT 20-30 YEARS AGO???...they races on tracks without any barriers whatsoever man....without the safety tooles they have now,and bthey went even faster!!!!....

So again,i don't want to see any horrific accidents,and see any one get hurt!!but for real man....(ahhhummmm)where are the men!!!!...đź’ˇ

spy.

I haven't been watching nearly as long as you have, but I do know how the considerably classic (and better) races went down but I really can't offer any perspective toward that because, as I've said, I wasn't watching (or even born) during that time. I can only speak of that I know, what I'm trying to get across is just because the rules aren't as lenient (practically non-existent, arguably) doesn't mean the drivers are any less ballsy or thereabouts. It just means they have to work around the implemented safety rules.

Look at Rally racing, now tell me, who's more ballsy - the drivers or the spectators? Survey says: Spectators. Just a relative point, hope you see the significance in it. :P

Ask Henry Surtees

Now that is as immature as can be a post i have evr read.... but byou won't understand that probably untill you have actually been in a situation where you loose someone close................................:yuck:

I haven't been watching nearly as long as you have, but I do know how the considerably classic (and better) races went down but I really can't offer any perspective toward that because, as I've said, I wasn't watching (or even born) during that time. I can only speak of that I know, what I'm trying to get across is just because the rules aren't as lenient (practically non-existent, arguably) doesn't mean the drivers are any less ballsy or thereabouts. It just means they have to work around the implemented safety rules.

Fair play man...

But working around the rules or within them doesn't make anything safer or not.... high speed racing is dangerous,whith any rules.... :indiff:

Nuff'said....

spy.

Look at Rally racing, now tell me, who's more ballsy - the drivers or the spectators? Survey says: Spectators. Just a relative point, hope you see the significance in it. :P

Now that is as immature as can be a post i have evr read.... but byou won't understand that probably untill you have actually been in a situation where you loose someone close................................:yuck:

Because your posts calling out the drivers risking their lives have been completely mature. F1 isn't as safe as you make it out to be. The drivers should know what kind of visibility they need to race reasonably safely.

Because your posts calling out the drivers risking their lives have been completely mature. F1 isn't as safe as you make it out to be. The drivers should know what kind of visibility they need to race reasonably safely.

Excactly...i don't make it as safe as it it....but it is compaired to what it whas....good call!

Offcourse they know,and they should.... đź’ˇ

thuuu...!!

spy.

Blown engine by vettel!!!!

That was odd....oh, Vettel ran back to become a fireman! Yeah, that is odd with the drivers lately, they're super quick with becoming firemen! Surprising how quickly it has all changed.
Future Drivers Stewards, perhaps?:dopey:

Vettel was a bit more impressive in Toro Rosso.

:lol: Is it bad that I think the same thing?

But seriously... Vettel is an excellent driver. A fast driver. I'd fully put it to him to be nearly a match for a Hamilton or an Alonso given identical machinery. He's had his bad days in the RBR, some of them his own fault, some of them due to machinery that doesn't like being driven at 110%, but he's very fast.

Webber? I give him props for matching Vettel in output, but he crumbles way too often under pressure. Of the top guys... his losses are mostly due to his driving... not much else.

Button has his bad days. His experience and intelligence have brought him this far up in the standings, but he simply doesn't have the flexibility or pace of a Hamilton or Alonso... I thought it somewhat telling when Schumacher, another former champion slagged off for not being able to adapt to his car, overtook him this weekend.

Hamilton is an undeniable car wizard. As long as he has a car under him. The McLaren this year is an understeery, jittery, unpredictable mess. He makes it work. That he managed to pace the superior RBR and Ferrari without destroying his tires like Button did speaks volumes of his abilities.

Driver of the season will have to go to Alonso, though. Here's a guy who doesn't give up fighting. He's had his lapses earlier in the season (literally falling asleep at the wheel), but when he's on it, he's on it. Of the fastest three men on track, he watches after his tires the best while pushing his car beyond its limits. He fully deserves that win, and the last win where Vettel's machinery failed him... simply because he managed to stick his nose up the RBR's tail and keep it there, lap after lap after lap.

I think Alonso is a prat, a whiner and a contemptible egoist... but boy is he delightful to watch.

I'm pretty sure anyone else in Charlie Whiting's position would have done exactly the same....its a very tough decision to make. Personally I didn't really mind because I fully understand why the drivers, teams and the FIA are worried about extreme-poor visibility on a wet track.

Although I still think it's unfair to the track... since they had little time to finish it, I agree with the rest of your post.

If I were in Whiting's shoes, considering even the low speed emergency vehicles were having a hard time on the track, I would have delayed the race, too.

Comments about "gay" this, "metrosexual girls" that and whatever, these drivers are sitting inside 300 km/h missiles with no roofs or cages. If something goes wrong out there, and emergency services can't reach a driver due to the conditions, someone may die.

About the ballsiest motorsports personality around, Valentino Rossi, once led a charge to call off a race simply because conditions were too treacherous for drivers. Here's a guy who sticks his knee to the ground at twice the legal limit, racing with a broken leg, and who is known for Banzai overtakes, concerned about safety.

Safety's important. You can't win a race if you're dead.

Webber? I give him props for matching Vettel in output, but he crumbles way too often under pressure. Of the top guys... his losses are mostly due to his driving... not much else.

While I wholeheartedly agree with the rest of your post, this stands out to me. Webber crumbles under pressure?

Mark Webber?

Crumbles under pressure?

Since when? I think you're confusing Webber for Vettel, he's the one who can't handle pressure. Yes, most of Mark's accident are due to driver error most of which he admits himself, but crumbling under pressure is something I've not seen him do all season long, but admittedly I've missed two or three races (Monaco and one or two others) so perhaps it was throughout one of these races where pressure got the best of him. Other than that, I haven't seen him buckle all season long. A person who every driver on the field knows to be incredibly difficult to overtake because he's so defensive.

Bad start here, bad drive there, lapses of judgement... (the silly punt of Hamilton... oops, lost my brakes, mate... the Vettel incident, I don't regard as his fault) There are points where he's leading the championship by quite a bit then does something... bizarre.

Admittedly, though, he's driven very, very well. But I don't think he's consistent enough.

Though the same can be said of any of the top five drivers... which is why we have a top five instead of a top two or three... :lol:

:D :D :D Alonsoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red Bull lol. HA!!

I really wasn't expecting this all to happen today. Saw Webber crash, and I was like :D, later saw Vettel get passed, and was all :D, saw smoke and was all :D :D. Bad day for Red Bull, Great day for Scuderia!!!!!!!

Alonso's gonna take this WDC. You heard it here first.

But I don't think he's consistent enough.

Though the same can be said of any of the top five drivers... which is why we have a top five instead of a top two or three... :lol:

That's what makes championships exciting...inconsistency and unreliability.

Bad start here, bad drive there, lapses of judgement... (the silly punt of Hamilton... oops, lost my brakes, mate... the Vettel incident, I don't regard as his fault) There are points where he's leading the championship by quite a bit then does something... bizarre.

Admittedly, though, he's driven very, very well. But I don't think he's consistent enough.

None of this I can disagree with, but it's better that one driver doesn't have a definite grip on the WDC (like last year) as it makes it more interesting knowing any one of five drivers could take that title home whereas last year (realistically speaking) it was only between two.

I don't know if any of you saw this (RB's present to Bernie for his 80th) - I'm still lmao :lol:

x910.jpg

910x.jpg

165312.jpg

Ooouch... I would love to have that when I'm older :lol:

Creative work by Red Bull!

EDIT: Aaaah! Maybe that caused Red Bull to have both DNFs this weekend! Bernie is hiding something...

Joke :D

Well that is because Webber and Vettel have yet to secure a World Championship. :dunce:

No - that would make them World Champion, not world champion. Neither is a world champion driver - Vettel stands more of a chance to grow into one than Webber - whether or not they become World Champion at the end of this season.

Stirling Moss is not a World Champion.

No, he isn't. But, like Gilles, everyone is always very surprised to learn he wasn't ever one.

Think of the difference being like that between Tiger Woods, Colin Montgomerie and Paul Casey. Or like that between Pete Sampras, Tim Henman and Richard Krajicek.
No-one would argue that any of those three men in each group cannot beat any of the others at any given time - they did, often. None are the lesser or greater player. But the first in the group has won a Major/Grand Slam, the second has not despite the opportunity and the third has but no-one's quite sure how.

Didn't know any of the people you jut listed there. So, with Vettel's engine dieing on him ,are there any engine worries for him? Will Webber also get a 5 spotter for a new gearbox?

Also, i'm not completely sure, but, HRT has finished with both cars for the 7th time this season, more than any of the other guys. Good reliability, now they need to find some speed. They've pulled out further on Virgin in the Constructors.

I think Alonso is a prat, a whiner and a contemptible egoist... but boy is he delightful to watch.

This.

On a different note. Is is one of the great mysteries that Colin Montgomerie never won The Open (or any other Major). It's almost a feat in itself.

He is 13...

Dude, I'm 23 and have no idea who Pete Sempras is. Then again, I don't care much for golf, so it's really of no surprise. Only reason I've ever heard Tiger Woods' name is because of that whole thing with his wife, or whatever.

Even more surprising given that he's not a golfer.

Oh Boy...

Famine, is there any hope at all?

Do you by any chance know of Sachin Tendulkar or Shane Warne?

Im just trying to find out how you could possibly not even know Pete Sampras. Hell even I know who Wayne Gretzky is and ive never even watched an Ice hockey game in my life.

Back