2011 GTP Automotive Calendar - Discussion - Sending End Date: December 3rd

• Thread starter LongbowX
  • 133 comments
I shall be posting up my picks tonight. I am roadtripping back from uni as we speak, so I shall get on it when I arrive home.

I like the selection but...I'd really like to see this one, because it's just a gorgeous shot. I don't know if you didn't include it because of it's abstract-ness or because it can't be used because it was at an event, but...

It did cross my mind.I think I just ran out of spaces as I didn't want to go over the 5 image submission limit.

I should ask those involved: do you want me to be included in the calendar?

Yes

JUST ENTER.

imsp.jpg

I shall be posting up my picks tonight. I am roadtripping back from uni as we speak, so I shall get on it when I arrive home.

Back in Sydney Alastair? If you have nothing to do tomorrow, I have 4 tickets to the Andra pro series @ Western Sydney International Dragway. I can't go cause I'm busy but you are more than welcome to the tickets as they will just go to waste otherwise.

Last edited:
Back in Sydney Alastair? If you have nothing to do tomorrow, I have 4 tickets to the Andra pro series @ Western Sydney International Dragway. I can't go cause I'm busy but you are more than welcome to the tickets as they will just go to waste otherwise.

Thanks awfully - but I went to a Porsche meet instead :). They had a pretty impressive range of cars there, I had a good day. :)

My shortlist (people are welcome to suggest others of mine they'd like to see)

400.jpg

Action.jpg

Lexus.jpg

porsche-1.jpg

Trippy.jpg

Thanks awfully - but I went to a Porsche meet instead :). They had a pretty impressive range of cars there, I had a good day. :)

Images

Sounds like you had a pleasant time. ^^

As for your shots (I like the last the best, in fact that's the one I would want in most by a wide margin), I'd like it if you submitted some of your more abstract stuff. The close ups. Because we don't have that many submitted here so far. Even your APC entry from last one, the yellow Ferrari wheel and especially - the F40 Plexiglas rear window.

I'm thinking that my shot will probably be something like this:

Though it's not really edited to completion yet.

But if you guys have any suggestions of what you would like to see, I would really like to hear them.

man, really? these ALL seem pretty weak to me compared to countless other you have posted. Really?

A. I didn't have a lot of time to decide because the deadline coincided with my end of uni year
B. I chose ones that got good feedback in the past.

Go ahead and tell me what I should put in.

Well there is a couple good ones in there, but kind of agree not all is your best. As LB mentioned the F40 rear window shot is great, I loved that one.

man, really? these ALL seem pretty weak to me compared to countless other you have posted. Really?

Ah, Cano. Definitely not pulling any punches. :P

And since I didn't really answer before, I pick these ones of yours:

For the people that asked for this picture, notice that there is no more tree behind the car (:

And finally, what I think are the two best shots of the bunch... but sadly, both may be a little off the spirit of GTPlanet... and one is vertical:

And either one of the rat.

I didn't have a lot of time to decide because the deadline coincided with my end of uni year.
Go ahead and tell me what I should put in.

Look, only from your posted work here, Id go with either of these, if you dont face legal stuff already discussed:

DBRS9.jpg

Ferrari.jpg

those two are insanely good.

Ah, Cano. Definitely not pulling any punches. :P

I never meant it in a harmful, bad way. But the guy is good. Those pictures are not his best by faaaar.

And thanks for the input on mine pics. I still dont know which one.

80Y's Images

Just so you know, 80Y had the Ferrari as one of his choices last year. I don't think the Aston was. I really liked the Ferrari shot too, I'd like it to be in, even though it is old.

I never meant it in a harmful, bad way. But the guy is good. Those pictures are not his best by faaaar.

And thanks for the input on mine pics. I still dont know which one.

I know you don't. I just like your upfront attitude.

For me, I'd really like the Charger or Camaro. And the Chevelle as a third. They're my favourites. I was just narrowing it down for you the first time.

Hmm. My shots. I don't really know, I really do want your suggestions guys...

4436534137_91563f1323_m.jpg

OR
4651288665_e1739120a9_m.jpg

---

OR

---

In the first GT-R shot, there was another building there, but I took it out. I'm wondering if I should have left it now. Ah, the CN tower. So large, so unwieldy.

Also, I think I'm going to aim to get the poll up this Friday, maybe.

I really wanted to include something from the American Le Mans Series, but I don't think I can. I'm not sure about the rules.

Last edited:
I'll post mine when I get back from work in about 10 hours.

Here's the ones I picked. I tried to mix in all the interesting things I went to this year. ALMS and Grand Am are cool, but you see them a lot. 24 Hours of Le Mons and classic drag racing, that's where it's at. I have kind of a lot, but it was tough narrowing these down. I'll take January since it still is open.

Last edited:
I'll post mine when I get back from work in about 10 hours.

Here's the ones I picked. I tried to mix in all the interesting things I went to this year. ALMS and Grand Am are cool, but you see them a lot. 24 Hours of Le Mons and classic drag racing, that's where it's at. I have kind of a lot, but it was tough narrowing these down. I'll take January since it still is open.

IMAGES

I may have to narrow these down when I do the poll today or more likely - tomorrow. Last year I just barely fit into the poll size requirements. Also, just because there are a lot of them, and I might just do it anyway - if you don't mind me doing so.

I may have to narrow these down when I do the poll today or more likely - tomorrow. Last year I just barely fit into the poll size requirements. Also, just because there are a lot of them, and I might just do it anyway - if you don't mind me doing so.

That's what I was going to say, but no one posted for a while and I didn't want to double post.

I don't care who narrows them down, I won't be in contact with a computer for like 6 hours, OMG, so do as you wish.

OK folks. Those of you submitting images should have had a PM from me detailing what you need to do, and the address to which you need to send the image. In the PM I promised to give you the image sizes. They are:

Cover page: 2371 × 2875 pixels
Monthly image: 2182 × 1906 pixels

Don't worry if your image is not the right aspect ratio. Set the size by the long edge, and RedBubble will center and whitespace the short side.

Also, this year, Jordan has chosen that the proceeds will go towards the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.

OK folks. Those of you submitting images should have had a PM from me detailing what you need to do, and the address to which you need to send the image. In the PM I promised to give you the image sizes. They are:

Cover page: 2371 × 2875 pixels
Monthly image: 2182 × 1906 pixels

Is that at 300dpi?

So I was invited to post some shots here (to choose for the cover I believe), so here are they.
They’re not very different between each other, as they were all taken with my DSLR, which I only got a couple of months ago, and still only have the 18-55 kit lens.
I had many cool shots for this, but since they had all been taken with the compact camera, they’re ok for forum posting, but not so much for printing purposes.
Had a really hard time deciding which ones to pick, hope they’re not too many.

Anyway, here are the shots.

EDIT: The preview of the last shot is upside down for some reason only imagecrap knows, but the fullsize one is showing fine.

Yes. The pixel dimensions come from the the RedBubble directives, so they'll be managing the DPI conversion.

The directive does say "at least", so feel free to send something bigger if that would make you happier.

I can confirm that all of the images submitted last year were at those recommended sizes, and the calendar was universally praised for its quality. So you needn't worry that your image at 2371 × 2875 pixels is suddenly going to look like you shot it on an iPhone 3.

Cool. I've just sent my submission.

I know it isn't the most voted for in the poll however I don't really like the Aston as much as the other submissions. My personal favourite is the 330 GTO however that didn't receive many votes at all so I've decided on this.

Aww, I thought the Aston and 330GTO was better than than that one. Plus I thought it was stated that you could only choose what you prefered if the shots were tied or within 1-2 votes from each other.

The aston is way ahead of any of the others. So shouldn't it be that one?

Aww, I thought the Aston and 330GTO was better than than that one. Plus I thought it was stated that you could only choose what you prefered if the shots were tied or within 1-2 votes from each other.

Whoops, sorry for the double post, the page came up with a database error and it appeared to me like it hadn't posted my reply, but it did so I didn't need to do it again. My bad.

GPR

Well I didn't want to include the Aston in the first place. It's was only on Longbow's request that I put it in. See the reason I'm not such a fan of it is that with a solid black background the viewer simply has no sense of scale. It could be a model car or the real thing, nobody would know.

The 330 GTO is also my favourite however that only got 3 votes so I thought it would be bad form to submit it. The F40 was chosen because I personally feel that it would fit in with everyone else's submissions, you also get a story with it.

I've PM'd Longbow with a suggestion that I'll work on bringing some of the foreground flooring into the Aston shot, then I may post it up.

GPR

Although I did say that, I generally side with the photographer. It's their choice in the end. If they feel that strongly about it. And as he said in the response: it was only upon my request that he allowed it to be included at all.

And we'll see if he cooks up something with the Aston that he can be happy with.

Back