2011 GTP Automotive Calendar - Discussion - Sending End Date: December 3rd

• Thread starter LongbowX
  • 133 comments
Absolutely on both accounts.

I was sincerely hoping that this, since it has the GTP stamp, and was only made possible through the effort of many members here, would get a little more attention and would become a visible part of the community. Instead, it seems to have been tossed under the rug a bit...

On this part of the forum being much quieter now, it has probably to do with GT5 and Xmas season, and the fact that the comps stalled because a bit of the calendar.

I for one just remembered I had a gallery here, which I'll be updating tonight, as well as checking the latest posts and leaving my opinion on some of the galleries around here, which I haven't done for a while (lazy + lack of time + lazy).

Yes there hasn't been much attention or promotion for it which is a shame but unfortunately I'd say most of the attention has been diverted considering the game has been finally released this year.

Which has also made the photograhpy sub forum pretty quiet too. I too am guilty of not being very active in here too.

Although I'm struggling to find enough time to get any new stuff to post as of late so that isn't helping.

But yes it would be nice to have a feature of the calendar on the home page.

Great work everyone :)

I'd like to say special thanks to both LongbowX and Giles Guthrie for their amazing effort on it this year. I'm hugely dissapointed to say I wasn't nearly as involved with the organisation of it like last time. :/

Good effort everyone - it looks fantastic :)

:cheers:

Great work everyone :)

I'd like to say special thanks to both LongbowX and Giles Guthrie for their amazing effort on it this year. I'm hugely dissapointed to say I wasn't nearly as involved with the organisation of it like last time. :/

Good effort everyone - it looks fantastic :)

:cheers:

Indeed, great work everyone.

And thank you for that. You did help though, a lot with the initial work (which is the far more intensive work), and I really appreciate the work you put into it.

It's nice to see the Calendar finally getting the recognition it deserves, hopefully it'll do well in terms of money towards the charity. 👍

I'm yet to order mine, but I'll probably do so on Christmas day.

Yes, it looks like we've already sold as many calendars as we did last year in less than 12 hours. :D I have also started running the ads for the calendar in the "mini-leaderboard" banner location at the top of each page across the site to further boost sales. Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this project. :cheers:

Yes, it looks like we've already sold as many calendars as we did last year in less than 12 hours. :D I have also started running the ads for the calendar in the "mini-leaderboard" banner location at the top of each page across the site to further boost sales. Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this project. :cheers:

That's really great to hear. With the ad as an additional "reminder", I can see it continuing to sell over a longer period of time. On Red Bubble you even have the option to start the calendar whatever month you wish it to which is a useful feature.

And...your welcome. I enjoyed the planning and putting it together. Also, thanks for putting it on the main page (as well as the ad), I really appreciate it.

Thats excellent :)

As many have said, I have also been very abscent from this forum, altough I do not even own GT5 yet, haha

I've had a TERRIBLE work spree, really these past months have been death. I just found out two days ago or so that the calendar was out! In that matter, awesome work everyone, it looks sweet. I'm waiting for a deposit to come to finally order mine, it shall look awesome hangin' by my door.

I want to thank everyone, once again, for all of their contributions and work in getting this impressive calendar off the ground, and give you a bit more information on the statistics this year. We shattered last year's sales (23) with 39 calendars shipped! Combined with my Premium promotion (100% of all revenue from Premium subscriptions between December 23 - 25 was set aside for PanCan.org, and subscription orders quadrupled during the promotion), you helped raise more than $1,000 to fight pancreatic cancer! PanCan was an amazing resource for my loved one who suffered from pancreatic cancer last year, and it's a great feeling to help them out with such a significant donation - I just can't thank you all enough. :cheers: Happy 2011!

Got my calendar today, awesome 👍. It seems like better quality paper then it was last year. I love the variety the most the though, from a Chevelle at a drag race to an F40 is just and awesome mix. Glad to be a part of it again.

Had a look see at mine a few days ago.
Yeah, it really is a pretty thing to hang on my wall.

Cheers once again to everyone who participated. :)

Back