2011 GTP Automotive Calendar - Discussion - Sending End Date: December 3rd

• Thread starter LongbowX
  • 133 comments
Fair enough, well I'd be interested to see what it is like after you edit it some more. But as it stands I still think it looks really nice and I like the isolation, it would work well as a cover shot too.

GPR
Fair enough, well I'd be interested to see what it is like after you edit it some more. But as it stands I still think it looks really nice and I like the isolation, it would work well as a cover shot too.

It would work well as a cover, but Beerz is doing the cover. His poll should be up today, most likely. And I as well like the isolation.

It would work well as a cover, but Beerz is doing the cover. His poll should be up today, most likely. And I as well like the isolation.

So hows the cover thing working? there will be a poll with everyones final submissons?

Am I still doing the graphic design work for it?

GPR
So hows the cover thing working? there will be a poll with everyones final submissons?

Am I still doing the graphic design work for it?

The cover will be one of Beerz's shots. Since other people have already picked their months, Beerz was added later as a cover exclusive.

And yes, you are still doing the graphic design work for it. Since you are doing it, perhaps instead of a poll - you could pick which one you think you could work with best? Or should we do the poll and have you and Beerz work it out?

----

I think we'll need to create another thread with everyone's final shot and the legalese too, soon.

Last edited:
The cover will be one of Beerz's shots. Since other people have already picked their months, Beerz was added later as a cover exclusive.

And yes, you are still doing the graphic design work for it. Since you are doing it, perhaps instead of a poll - you could pick which one you think you could work with best? Or should we do the poll and have you and Beerz work it out?

Oh right, all clear. Well I still think a poll would be good just to see what everyone thinks and yes I suppose I would have have a preference for what I see working well for the cover though.

Beerz might also have a fav he'd put forth for it. We'll see. I say still do a poll and then I can discuss it after that with Beerz.

I am about to start work on the GT by Citroen shot. However if the cleaning process doesn't go smoothly, then I am willing to let anyone else have a go.

Update

This is what the GT by Citroen shot looks like at the moment, after a bit of photoshop work:

Do you have a backup shot? Yes
What is your backup shot? It is the Ferrari California shot.

Last edited:
I think we'll need to create another thread with everyone's final shot and the legalese too, soon.

What I if sent all that stuff to Giles in an email. I thought that's what the message said, or did I read it wrong?

What I if sent all that stuff to Giles in an email. I thought that's what the message said, or did I read it wrong?

Yeah, you're right - it is unnecessary really. I'm not really sure why I thought that. Probably because we did it last year. But only Giles really needs the legalese and such. But it's still nice to see the final line up. :P

I've emailed the Aston to Giles. I messed with it but it never really improved, this is after all a community effort so I should submit the image most of the group voted on, it's only fair.

Sorry it took me so long to reply, it was a truly horrible week, but now I'm done with work and will be sending off my image (31 Chrysler) to Giles later tonight.

Can someone please point me in the direction of the final list of who is doing which month?

Also, I need submissions please. I'll send out individual nag PMs soon.

Can someone please point me in the direction of the final list of who is doing which month?

Also, I need submissions please. I'll send out individual nag PMs soon.

I will update the listing of people and their months at the beginning of this post. The question marks are simply place holders, and some people didn't pick months.

I also will have my entry edited and submitted tomorrow.

Ah! I forgot about this, I'll sort it out tonight.

Chris, you'll have to remind otherwise I'll forget again.

Update on the cover design. I've done a few options with both top voted shots from Beerz's poll. Have sent them to him to see what he thinks works best with his shots.

I'm going to narrow it down to 2(well thats my aim)then I thought we'd have a final vote on it.

GPR
Update on the cover design. I've done a few options with both top voted shots from Beerz's poll. Have sent them to him to see what he thinks works best with his shots.

I'm going to narrow it down to 2(well thats my aim)then I thought we'd have a final vote on it.

That sounds great. If there is a poll, it will have to be very brief. If you can come to an agreement of which would work best - I think we'll be alright with that too.

Fair enough, well he hasn't got back to me yet. But hopefully it'll be very soon and we can have a quick poll.

I don't mean to sound naggy or anything like that but are we nearly done? We need the calendar done soon-ish otherwise we'll get hardly any sold and the possibility of them not turning up on time.

Also, I know I sent mine to you Giles but did you recieve it okay?

I'm in the process of building it at the minute. I have all the images, and am almost ready to build the calendar. There's a niggling doubt I need to resolve, but I'll be finishing it either today or tomorrow.

Awesome!!!

beautifula.png

Fine work, everyone! 👍
Tomorrow I'll start telling all my friends to check this out and to get one each. I know I'll want one in my house.

EDIT: Wouldn't it be a good move to have an official calendar announcement visible on the home page, so its visibility would increase dramatically? Just my €0,02.

Last edited:
Top work guys 👍

As Beerz said it would be good if we could get Front Page coverage like last year as that gave us a great opportunity to sell the calendar to as many people possible. But I'm definitley going to buy one anyway.

:cheers:

Any other news on this? Still nothing on the home page...

Also, I've been gathering a few people, and I'll be ordering 10 of these babies. 👍

I haven't had the chance to order mine yet, so I'll probably do so after Christmas when I have some money. But it's kind of strange to see the calendar getting so little attention especially considering how many people contributed to the process of creating it...

Infact, it's strange to see how quiet this sub-section has become recently. It's gone a bit dead if I'm honest.

Back