2012/2013 Premier League Season + FA & League Cup chat

• Thread starter Sureboss
  • 2,947 comments

Sureboss

Tanned and Lipstick'd
Premium
United Kingdom
UK
11-12 is over now, so might as well create this...

Brendan Rodgers set to be new Liverpool boss. Interesting choice, good manager, not a lot of experience, especially in signing big players (*cough* Roy Hodgson *cough*). Though Swansea have played an easy on the eye style under his command.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont say thats swansea relegated!!!!!!!..im devastated enough as it is!:(

Rodgers?

Talk about ambition :lol:. Or lack of. They want to become a pre-eminant force in Europe again with him at the helm? Not so sure....

I don't think Swansea will get relegated - everybody said Newcastle were goners when Carroll left and they grew without him. I suspect the same of Swansea.

i dunno what to feel about rodgers leaving us..im still gutted, but he is going on to bigger and better things:indiff:

as for our replacement..well ian holloway and gus poyet are bookies favourites..either of those two would be fine..but id rather have poyet

Hulk has gone to Chelsea for £38 million, the strike force is looking more powerful every day. Clearly winning the Champions League means you get everyone, plus or helps to have Abramhovich on board.

Hulk has gone to Chelsea for £38 million, the strike force is looking more powerful every day. Clearly winning the Champions League means you get everyone, plus or helps to have Abramhovich on board.

Are you sure that's not just a rumour ? Nothing on BBC Sport. Great if he does though. Van der Wiel and Witsel would be great too ...

TyrrellRacing
Are you sure that's not just a rumour ? Nothing on BBC Sport. Great if he does though. Van der Wiel and Witsel would be great too ...

Guardian are running it, so I'm reasonable sure it's true. Would be good for Chelsea indeed.

Lambert is (supposedly) off to Villa.

Deceptively big shoes to fill at Norwich and Swansea. Wonder who will get them.

38 million for Hulk is ridiculous. No doubt he'll score goals for Chelsea, but they're compiling a big squad of wankers again.

Bet is title race will be between Chelsea and City. United are now truly going into their transition phase so you'll see the drop off in performance for a year or so, only for them to come out and blow both City and Chelsea away in 2013 or 2014 like they did in 2006/07. Good teams are built of players all playing in their individual roles and working as one unit. Flash and individual brilliance will only get you so far. You'd think Roman would have got this after this season when Chelsea finally worked as a Unit, but it appears not.

A star team will beat a team full of stars. Barca and Pep understood this and Fergie has made a career out of it.

i agree with that 100%!!..im a swansea fan, we havnt really got any stars in our team, but we still beat arsenal, man city and liverpool..whose weekly wage bill is probably bigger than our annual one!!!

Rodgers is now at Liverpool link

And Lambert has gone to Villa link

Leaving big holes at both Swansea and Norwich with both of them disappearing. Not sure what's in it for Lambert after leaving Norwich, doubtless he'll have got assurances of spending power, for Villa were very nearly relegated last season, and Norwich weren't.

Meanwhile, seems like the Hulk transfer was merely the guardians twitter feed getting overexcited, nothing concrete yet, but Chelsea are definitely in the hunt for him.

in the newspaper today they printed a list of prem league playes who have been released by theyre club...you can make an 11 out of them..heres mine!

THE DOLE QUEUE 11!

KUZCZAK (spell?)

BOSINGWA KING CUELLAR AURELIO

HARGREAVES MURPHY GUTHRIE

KALOU DROGBA SAHA

SUBS

almunia
scharner
smith
mcfadden
owen
fuller
johnson

1 day after rubbishing rumours that Redknapp has left Tottenham, Redknapp has left Tottenham .

Also Di Matteo has agreed a 2 year deal to stay at Chelsea. 👍

TyrrellRacing
1 day after rubbishing rumours that Redknapp has left Tottenham, Redknapp has left Tottenham 👍

Well, what's the point in Modric, Van der Vaart and Bale staying unless they find a decent replacement fast who can convince them the club is going places. Good for clubs wishing to snatch those players, and bad news for Spurs.

Levy is officially, what would be classed as, an idiot. I'm sure most Spurs fans would prefer him to leave instead of Harry, the worst decision he's made for the club.

1 day after rubbishing rumours that Redknapp has left Tottenham, Redknapp has left Tottenham .

Also Di Matteo has agreed a 2 year deal to stay at Chelsea.

I knew that would be the case when I heard the denial.:sly: As for Di Matteo he deserves a chance but I can't help thinking he'll be gone within a year.:scared:

Well, what's the point in Modric, Van der Vaart and Bale staying unless they find a decent replacement fast who can convince them the club is going places. Good for clubs wishing to snatch those players, and bad news for Spurs.

It is possible that these players leaving was part of the reason of why Redknapp has gone. He probably asked for assurances that they wouldn't be sold before he would sign an extention to his contract (which was due to expire at the end of the next season), this wasn't given and so he'll have refused to sign. That then leaves Levy with the easy decision to get someone new in to rebuild the squad once those players have gone.:indiff:

Levy is officially, what would be classed as, an idiot. I'm sure most Spurs fans would prefer him to leave instead of Harry, the worst decision he's made for the club.

Didn't he turn down 50 million for Modric, that was pretty stupid.:lol: For me to know whether this was a dumb move I would need to know exactly why it was made and who they intend to replace him with, then I'll pass judgment, for now I'm pretty indifferent on it.:indiff:

Last edited:
Theres a clause in Di matteo's contract that says he wont be sacked after the first year..

As a gooner, even I am shocked Spurs would let Redknapp walk away. There isn't really anyone else out there who Spurs could attract that could do a better job.

Eh, at least with RVP sucking at Euro 12, City might be less interested in him. :D

It's my understanding that he was sacked for failing to finish higher than 4th! :scared:

In other news we have agreed 12M fee for Giroud. If all goes well we should have a three pronged attack of Giroud, Podolski and RVP. Now THAT would be devastating! :D

Lol ^

Madness getting rid of Harry. I don't see many others doing a better job. David Moyes being a favourite at the moment, maybe Harry to Everton? getting them into the champions league would be a sight to see.

Gervinio and Chamakh (allthough I didn't really rate them in the first place) are a massive dissapointment. Hopefully Giroud and Podolski will be much better.

Gervinio and Chamakh (allthough I didn't really rate them in the first place) are a massive dissapointment. Hopefully Giroud and Podolski will be much better.

Gervinho just can't finish, but was lively in attack though. Chamakh was just all sorts of useless.

Just need another defender and a defensive middie and we're sorted 👍

Didn't he turn down 50 million for Modric, that was pretty stupid.:lol: For me to know whether this was a dumb move I would need to know exactly why it was made and who they intend to replace him with, then I'll pass judgment, for now I'm pretty indifferent on it.:indiff:

If Tottenham had got rid of Modric it would be like Spain without Xavi, Liverpool without Gerrard or Arsenal without Van Persie, they just wouldn't be the same and would need a replacement urgently. And besides, there isn't really much for a team like Tottenham to do with 50 million, would just buy a good few players from mid-table and below.

Don't think it was 50 million either but I still would have rejected that amount.

If Tottenham had got rid of Modric it would be like Spain without Xavi, Liverpool without Gerrard or Arsenal without Van Persie, they just wouldn't be the same and would need a replacement urgently. And besides, there isn't really much for a team like Tottenham to do with 50 million, would just buy a good few players from mid-table and below.

Don't think it was 50 million either but I still would have rejected that amount.

Yes sorry it was around 40 million and I think Modric is just a good player, I wouldn't put him in Xavi's class or as good as Gerrard and Lampard used to be. That money could have got three good, solid players and that would have made sure Tottenham finished third. Now their best players will probably leave anyway, for less money in Modric's case and Tottenham are not in the position they were to sign the quality players and could struggle to attract the players they want.

Back